• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a successful dieter! Very successful

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Paid my £9800.OMG!

Well yesterday, 1 week before my op, I spent all afternoon collecting all my stashes of cash and putting them into 1 account to transfer my £9800 balance for my op.

The bank cashiers don't half look at you funny when you turn up with a shoe box full of money:8855:

I have to say that I had the best nights sleep for weeks and this morning whilst watching my little girl swimming I was just pondering on why....I thik its because now I've paid my brain hasfinally given up trying to think of ways of sabotaging me:giveup:

Also it occurred to me that my head doesn't think I'm fat.............. now it maybe that I'm delusional or in denial, I'm not sure, but I can't help thinking that when my body gets back in line with my brain, by losing about 9 stone ....................I'm gonna have a bl**dy great time:happy036::bliss::talk017::talk017::talk017:

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
My baby's 8th Birthday

Saturday was my youngest 8th birthday I'd arranged for a fantastic entertainer, plenty of party food, loads of kids and an Ice Cream Van :D

All going well until ice cream van arrives and I'm standing outside with 20 kids and 6 adults in the drizzle, now I've got a bit of a chill and a drippy nose. :cry:

Brilliant !!!!!!
2 more sleeps until my op and I'm concerned they might cancel if I'm not well....do I ring them and tell them now or wait......:(

I've rung the doctor, who's really behind me on this, he thinks if its running clear....it is.....not got a temperature....I haven't.....all should be ok:D

Okay then lets wait and hope the worst is over and they'll go ahead...I just hope I don't lose all that money if they have to cancel on the day:eek:

Just got my case to pack.....told littlest yesterday that mummy has to go into hospital for a few days...she wanted to know if I was pregnant...no says I....oh says she!!!! I think shes disappointed...anyway I digress, she seems okay about me going away for a while as long as she can visit....I decided not to tell the whole reason for going in, just saidI was having an operation on my tummy and she accepted that...if she asks any questions I will answer her but don't see the need to get her worried with things that she can't really understand.

Well off to find the suitcase think I've got all I need and it's not like I'm a million miles away. I can always contact someone to get me anything I need if I've forgotten it.

I'm feeling really calm and quiet at the moment, perhaps I've done all my worrying previously not sure. Feel tired mostly.

I've picked up on a few threads that have been posted regarding problems post op and it would appear that scarring can be a problem and requires a "stretch" sounds awful but hopefully I wont have that problem . Also gallstones and kidney problems seem to feature a bit. Having had a few minor kidney problems I'm keen to make sure my fluids are kept up to the max. This should (I hope) help with both these issues. Also the FASTABS seem to be a feature or at least the forgetting to take them, in the possiblity of acid reflux type of problems....Wont forget them then!!

Went to Boots for my weigh and I've lost a total of 21lbs since I booked the op (back in July) so thats good.
9lb on the pre op diet which I'm really pleased about the rest just by switching my eating habits to try and bring them a little in line with the post op regime. The biggest one being not piling my plate high with food and not worrying if I can't eat all thats on it!!!!

Well diary I'm ready mentally now I think, everyone that needs to know does, the business is set up with all key people in place, rotas are done and all bills are paid. I do not intend to go to the office much at all over the next few weeks and certainly not at all the first two, so lets get this done and begin a whole new chapter:)

BRING IT ON!!!!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Sept 6th The night before!!

Well I'm all packed and ready for my ridiculous o'clock start in the morning.

I've told everyone that needs to know including my young daughter who is a little concerned ( I think she was hoping I was pregnant!!)

The business has all key people in place and OH knows all there is to know.

I don't intended to go to the office for the next few weeks at all and will try not to think about it, just let them get on with it.

Not sure wether I can use the lap top in there or not but will post soon after :)

Thanks all, its bl***y 5.45 am, forgot this hour existed!!:confused: and just waiting for him to get up, then will be setting off.

Thanks for all your support you guys are real lifeline!! And Trish your kind words have made me cry!! Darn you!!!

Speak to you all next from that bench x x

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I'm incredibly well apparantly!! And home!

Well I'm home and all bypassed!!:D:D:D:D:D

Everything went and I can't thank you all enough for your kind words and support that have helped me get this far:D:D

Please expect loads of questions over the next few days while I get a handle on it all but I feel well armed with all your tips and advice that I have received from the forum pre op that I'm expecting it to all go according to schedule:)

Mr Finlay said I was incredibly well , had a better blood pressure reading than him and that he was really pleased, so sent me home :D:D:D

Looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight, although it wasn't that bad in hospital and once again

THANKS

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
So this is how it went!!

I followed the pre-op diet, I choose to do the low fat one, couldn't face all that milk plus extra fluids thought I would drown. My 2 weeks went fairly smoothly and I lost 4lb week 1 and 5lb week 2 so total of 9lbs down already, bonus:D

We had to be at the Duchy Hospital for 7.30am so I went to bed just after 11 and I have to say slept well. I think I had done all my worrying weeks ago:eek: Being very aware that dehydration could be an issue I made myself have extra fluids the day before having my last drink just before bed.

At 550am ( I'd forgotten this hour existed, we lead a very laid back life!!) I awoke and got dressed. As I couldnt eat or drink we decided to set off early.

Kissed my little girl (8) goodbye, lots of tears. I'd made a bit of an error here. When I told her about going to hospital I said I HAD to go. Now at that age going to hospital means you're either poorly or having a baby. Having established I wasnt pregnant she was worrying.:(
In hindsight I should have said it was my choice and I WANTED to go. We sorted it out but it could have been smoother, shame on me for not making it easier for her:sigh:

Got over my blubbing and said goodbye to dad, more blubbing. On route to hospital my middle daughter (25) phoned to wish me well, more blubbing. At least I knew my eldest wouldn't be phoning, she really doesn't know about that time of day. Dreading the final goodbye with OH I decided he was to leave soon after we arrived at the hospital, I was running out of toilet roll and make up!!

At arrival we were taken to a nice private room where I unpacked and settled down with the TV to wait. He left more blubbing...Now I can readjust my make up one last time . I can't cope with people being nice to me, how ridiculous:eek:
The anesthetist came checked my details, allergies etc and explained that she'll place a drip in my arm once in theatre and would use a very slow anesthetic to gently drift me off:)
Mr Finlay, my surgeon, arrived and asked if I had any questions or concerns. I truly didn't, having done so much research and talking to you guys on here felt I was ready. I signed my consent form and settled again to wait.
I'm scheduled for 10am and I'm feeling quite thirsty having not had any fluids since 11 last night. In hindsight I should have woken up at 4.30am and taken some more fluids on board, but too late now. I put on my sexy socks, this takes three pairs to get the right size. I have a small gown to put on and I put on my dressig gown to cover my modesty. Oh and just for a previous thread I had my own knickers on, which I'm proud to say stayed in place!!!
Eventually I was walked down to the theatre and climbed aboard the operating table.I am feeling really calm. The room was really a lot smaller than I'd expected and cold!. There was a bit of a fuss because they couldn't find my consent form even though the porter had just read it and checked it 10 mins ago. Someone places some monitoring tabs on my chest as the Anesthetist tried to put a drip in my hand, but I don't give up my veins easily so she decides to put one in after I'm asleep when apparently the veins widen!! If you say so!! The red digital numbers on the clock say 12:18. There is a lot of activity around me, people getting instruments ready etc. I choose not to look at them. Mr Finlay walks in doesn't say anything but looks cross as I'm still awake, they're still trying to find the consent form!!

Found it!! 12:24. Now a mask is placed over my mouth and nose and someone says think of something nice, all I can think of is my girls and you've guessed it now tears rolling down my cheeks. The gas is turned up at this stage and I said "wow thats it" and I'm gone. So much for the slow anesthetic!!

I'm awoken by someone telling me I'm all done:D I'm transferred to HDU. My op took just 1hour 50 mins. Mr Finlay insists on 2 hours in recovery and first 24hrs in HDU. And most importantly he likes you to be as mobile as much and as soon as possible to prevent DVT

I am SOOOOOOO thirsty. Mr Finlay visits and says everything went really well, Anna my nurse gets another IV fluid hooked up and I'm encouraged to drink as much as possible. I have no pain or discomfort:D:D Just Thirst:(

I'm hooked up to the blood pressure monitor, finger thingy for my pulse and a small oxygen tube up my nose, I also have blow up pads on my legs these all stay on for all my time in HDU.

At about 6pm I can hear my little girl outside the room and before I know it shes here! Oh dear. What I hadn't realised was that my face was a bit yellow, from the iodine and blue from the dye. I was all hooked up and it must have looked awful for her so she was a bit upset. I was able to jolly her along and reassure her. they didn't stay long and I only wish my op had been on time and I would have been looking a lot better.

I had a couple of IV paracetomol and anti sickness drugs but that was it. After the first attempt on the commode, nothing. Second attempt, nothing . Then sat there, still thirsty, had a drink and it went straight through. Bizarre.!!:confused:I managed to get up and walk to the loo after a couple of hours.

I am visited by the hospital manager who apologises for the delay starting my op. I am considering writing a letter about this as the delay did cause me to be sooooo thirsty as I hadn't had fluids for over 13 hours and this could easily have had a detrimental affect on my recovery. As it was I only needed an extra bag of fluids so I guess I'm lucky.

Bp and other checks are done all night and Anna is there all the time, nothing was too much trouble, we even have a few chats during the night. She was very interested in why I choose to have the op and how it was going to affect my life. Just postively I said:D:D

In the morning I am offered more pain relief though now I'm off the drip its in soluble form, which I really dont like but take them anyway, not because I'm in pain but just don't want to be. I'm given a bit of help having a wash, put my own nightie on, fresh knickers and make up and actually feel quite human:D

I'm transferred to my room and a bit later in the day a staff nurse comes in with my Fragmin injection. Now this is one of the things I've be dreading the most. I don't do needles, hate having my blood taken. How the hell am I going to inject myself for 5 days when I get home??

"Do you want to do it?" she says. "No" says I. But I cant get anyone else to do it at home , I cant go to the surgery, it'll be the weekend "Explain how to do it to me" Where did that come from!!!:confused:

I take the needle from her, squeeze a handful of tummy, insert the needle in at an angle and depress the plunger. "Let go of your skin before removing the needle" she says. I do this and Hey I've done it. WELL DONE ME!!:D:D

The hospital managed to get some liquid form of my BP medication, they worked hard for this. So now I have all I need and am set. Mr Finlay comes and visits again, he's is so attentive, says I'm disgustingly well. That my heartbeat has been so low all the time even during surgery, my blood pressure is better than his and do I want to go home tomorrow:D:D All I have to do is take my bp meds and get the readings checked to make sure they don't fall through the floor. Then thats it!! Amazing!!:D:D

I feel incredibly fortunate that I have been in no pain or discomfort, was discharged from hospital 24hours early and since being home have slept well, on either sides, and just resting and drinking.

I hope my journey continues in the same vein. I'm amazed at what I have done and can't wait to experience my new me:D:D:D

For those of you that made it to the end of this post WELL DONE!!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Well today I'm 1 week post op (updating diary)

WOW!! who'd have thought!

I have had a very easy ride so far and know that I am truly lucky and I would like to send my best wishes to anyone out there having a not so easy ride I hope you start to feel better really soon

Since my op I have managed on 2 doses on paracetamol a day, although being a bit of a baby, I don't like the taste of the soluble stuff so have had Calpol six plus sugar free.

My intake has been fluids only and I've had all sorts really. Different flavours of oxo, soups, watery ones sieved. Juices - unsweetened, watered down a bit and milk. Oh and sugar free jelly

Tea doesn't taste very nice and I really need to get some smaller cups. I only manage about 1/4 of a small mug.

Yesterday I added a bit of curry paste to some soup that was scrummy, and strained a bit of yogurt. Also I sucked on a Laughing cow cheese lite triangle.

My teeth feel redundant and I pinched a piece of steak off my little girls plate on Sunday just to bite down on something sucked it dry and spat it out. Havent felt the need since TMI? Sorry!

Today I'm planning on introducing some runny puree food, I really fancy some mashed potato with lots of gravy and mint sauce

Noticed overnight that I can "feel myself going for a pee" if you know what I mean So will be increasing my water intake from now on

Last night I gave myself my last fragmin injection of 6. I'm soooooo proud of myself.Well Done Me!! In truth the injecting didn't hurt, it just stings a bit afterwards

I've broken my first rule of not weighing myself until 6 weeks check up and got myself taken down to Boots.

OMG!!! I've lost 8lbs

I'm thrilled

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
12 days post op (updating diary)

Well the last few days have been ok, I have started introducing sloppy purees and have to say so far so good. I havent felt sick, a little light headed occassionally, but I think this maybe due to my BP medication or rather lack of it ( it takes 7 days for the pharmacy to get it so instead of running out I've reduced it down)

The weekend food intake went along the lines of 1/3rd of weetabix made very sloppy with milk and sweetener. An Aunt Bessies mashed potato circle with either gravy and mint sauce or tiny bit of curry paste and a tbs tinned stewed steak. Then I stewed an apple off our tree and thats been lovely esp with a tbs of low fat custard. Laughing cow lights are a new best friend as they can just be nibbled as a snack Also had a bit of tuna, light mayo & laughing cow (melted) and a bit of white balsamic - very tasty. Food sorted.

Fluids on the other hand not quite so easy to keep up. By time I've had my 200mls of milk.....wait......breakfast.....200 squash.....wait.....lunch......wait...etc etc I seem not to have enough time to drink a litre let alone two. I'm really not enjoying tea at the moment so on NAS ribena , fruit juice or milk. I'll keep sipping and hopefully it will improve, but I am waking in the night thirsty so I know I'm not getting enough in.

One of my dressings has fallen off. Underneath is the tiniest incision mark all nice and dry and clean, will have to take care not to knock it or catch it on my clothes.

Thursday OH left our grand daughter(10months) with me for an hour. 2 1/2hrs later I had to call my daughter to come home as I'd managed to pull something in my tummy God it hurt! So I've been extra strict with myself since then. It serves me right, I thought I was ok and all healed, stupid woman, so now I'm sitting quietly making a bit of Jewellery to go on our Facebook page and doing little else

Couldn't resist jumping on the scales whilst in Boots another 5lbs gone Yay!!!!!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Dumped - and I wont be doing that again !! (updating diary)

Dumped - and I wont be doing that again !!
On Sat morning I dumped on tsp of low fat and low sugar peanut butter. I thought it would be an excellent source of protein.
1.5 hrs later felt "odd" went to the loo wasn't sure which end I wanted to use!!

A "wave" swept over me vision blurred and lost any sense of sound just a ringing noise.
Completely passed out for about 15mins, came to in a cold sweat and shaking. Coloured green and terrible griping pains, couldnt move for 45 mins at all. Spent the next hour on and off the loo the crashed out for another 3 hours. Fortunately OH was home and could help me up the stairs

I didn't dare eat anything further and kept to squash. Sunday wasn't much better, felt absolutely shattered and kept to very sloppy food and fluids.

I did get a bit worried when I passed a bit of blood. Nurse said that it was very unlikely that I'd damaged myself but if it reoccured to contact them again - glad to report nothing more

I phoned the nurse Monday morning when I still had the griping pains, she told me that even packaging isn't always correct!!! What hope have we got

My episode wasn't helped because my blood pressure was too low due to my BP medication ( now been stopped by the Drs - after only 20 days!!! only good thing to say about the event)

After blood pressure check I popped into Boots and have lost 2lbs. Considering the weekend I'd had I was a bit surprised but hey any loss is good!!

Today (Tues) been much better although I tried to tidy my littlest bedroom , got halfway and had to stop as was shaking, so had a snack and felt better. Not ever feeling hungry is so strange and its so easy to forget to eat!!! Oh well I'll try to put up with it

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
4 weeks post op (updating diary)

4 weeks post op
Well I had an appointment with the dietician and surgeon yesterday. Both are very pleased with my progress and my weight loss.

I discussed my dumping episode with Mr Finlay and he said that I was on of the lucky ones as only a third of people dump!!!!!!!!!!! What!!!!

Then when I thought about it, he's right (why would I doubt my Demi God!!) now I know what will happen if I err, It will keep me on the straight and narrow - hopefully He did agree that my blood pressure being so low didn't help and advised me that if it happened again to lie down straight away - that will prevent me fainting

He said that I needed to get onto normal foods, that it would be difficult, but historically people that don't get this stage sorted are more likely to put weight back on. The reasoning - they stay on sloppy, slider foods that more often than not are not the most healthy choice and you can overeat as they go straight through.

So last night I had a slice of home roasted gammon, a poached egg (I only had the yolk) and a mashed potato patty ( I didn't have time to boil some potatos as I'd left it a bit late to eat) Absolutely delicious....REAL FOOD after only 4 weeks!!!!

This morning I had a soft boiled egg with marmite soldiers I am in heaven!!

I am going to attempt to put some photos on my profile later when my daughter gets here , I can't seem to work out how yet

Last week I went swimming with my little girl and it was lovely. I managed 4 widths, so was really pleased. I got a bit cold so thought I'd try the spa...NO!!! got a bit pummelled so had to get out

Anyway I'm really pleased week how this is going, weighed in at 17st 1lb so a loss of 5lbs this week

had to buy some clothes this week as I look ridiculous in my old clothes, down from size 24 to and 18 OMG!!!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Is there life after bypass??? You bet ya!!
5 weeks and 2 days post
Well this week is Falmouth Oyster Festival and a very busy time for us as we have a stand there, this will be our 3rd year.

Yesterday I walked around the event and realised that previously I would have just grazed my way all the food stands calling in at the bars on route. I felt a bit of a twang inside, it must be said, at the thought that this wouldn't be possible now.

I really love seafood and a decent glass of wine

I went home to my home made curry and rested as chasing around has wiped me out a bit this week

However today I have shared a lunch of Seafood Platter ( I had 3 small prawns, 2 Crevettes a tsp of crab meat and a mussel) He had the rest.

Then this evening we went to a restaurant and I ordered a med rare steak ( I told the chef I had a fat intolerance, he was lovely and offered me salad instead of fries etc but my little girl was sharing with me) They were all fantastic, plated the steak, mushroom and cherry toms together, then all the fried stuff was on another plate. They even made me a salad dressed with just lemon juice and balsamic - I couldn't have asked for better treatment

I managed about a matchbox sized piece of the steak, that was cooked to perfection, soft, moist and tender. About a quarter of a flat mushroom and a cherry tomato - delicious Youngest ate rest of steak and a few fries and eldest turned up and polished off the rest

My husband, I think has also been reassured as we would have done this before and are already doing our "normal" things - Fabulous Also I'm VERY cheap to run now

So Is there life after Bypass??? - you bet ya!! And I'm all ready to live it

As a minor aside I lost 3lb last week too!

:talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

Good times (posted 31/10/11)
Just spent Thur, Fri and Sat away, managed really well with food, drinks etc. Hotel restauarants were helpful when I told them I had a fat intolerance and prepared food as requested.

The places we chose to go, Plymouth Marine Aquarium, Bristol Zoo and Longleat were all packed - Bl**dy half term!!!

Came back late on Saturday and OH made me a hot choc drink, I poodled off to bed and started to feel a bit off - the idiot had only given me Cadburys instead of Options!!!!!! (only a few words were said!!!!)

Yesterday was my beautiful grandaughters 1st birthday and we had a wonderful day with her

And then tonight I went trick or treating dressed as a vampire, aghhh!!! what a hoot!! got completely soaked as it was persistenting down!!!

Well, I promised my little girl I would do these things so, true to my word, I've started having fun doing daft stuff.

Well I'm going to weigh in on Wed so we'll see how its gone....cant wait Had a couple of glasses of Rose wine while away....can't say that it affected me...probably because 1 glass now takes 2 hours to drink!!!

Only negative this week is I must drink more water, had a 2nd glass of orange juice last evening and spent a bit of the night on the loo!! Feeling dehydrated and really must focus on fluids.....small payment in the scheme of things though:)

I didn't get a chance to weigh in before we went away, so week 8 and weight to today is 16st 3lb!!!!! yippee Thats 7 lbs off in 2 weeks....brilliant.

My ticker now shows that I have less to lose than I have already lost. Yeah!

:talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
3 months post op

Well here I am 3 months post op, where did that go:eek:

I weighed this morning and I'm now 15st 6lbs thats incredible. This time last year I was at my heaviest.....20st.!!!!! So thats 4st 8lbs gone forever :wave_cry::D Most of that has been lost since my op. I managed the 8lb myself pre op

I must try really hard the next few weeks to get myself strongly in place, as the last couple of weeks have been very stressful, Dads in hospital, my little girl has had an awful bug, I've had a wisdom tooth out, everything electrical in the house that can go wrong has and I'm just holding on to my sanity by the finger tips....therefore food gets forgotten as does the drinking water.

But I was pleased with my continued weight loss this morning, although I'm aware that this is the easiest time and don't want to lose the prime opportunity to get to goal.

Well with Christmas fast approaching I'm looking forward to a few days quiet with just my closest family...just got to get through the next two weeks of absolute bedlam work wise....hey ho got to make where we can....I just hope dad is able to get home before Christmas so we can settle him back in.

Tray3004

Really hope ur dad gets better soon n home in time for Xmas :) great diary enjoyed reading very inspirational :) fantastic weight loss sonfar well dun u ;) xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Well done Sarah. Lovely 3 month post-op update !!

Hope your home/personal stresses get resolved soon, and long may the weight loss continue. Best wishes.

toxingirl

Have loved reading this thread Sarah. You sound so happy. Well done and hope for an update soon xx

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
sarah, ive loved reading your journey....keep up the hard work. you dont have far to go to target!! x

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
4 months!!

Well this time 4months ago I was walking into the theatre for my surgery....how quickly time flies :eek:

I thought I'd do a quick update as to whats been happening:)

My whole life was turned upside down before Christmas when my father ended up in hospital for 3 weeks after a bowel cancer scare...he's had to have part of the bowel removed and now has a temporary stoma:cry:

Now one of my biggest problems pre op was not eating regularly (if at all) I just "forget" to eat. Burying myself in work is my escape from things I don't wish to deal with.

So I was very disappointed with myself, when I weighed at boots just before Christmas and I'd put on 3lbs :cry::eek:

I know I've had loads of extra stress the last few weeks, with dad in hospital- didn't believe he'd come home at all for a while, the business hasn't been doing very well, (I'm the one that takes care of all the money issues) which always puts massive strain on me and my relationship with OH, so I've been ridiculous and gone back to not eating at all and taking very little water on board.But its still not an excuse...what a waste of money if I can't make this work:(:eek:

I was weighed at my 3month hospital appointment (14th Dec) and that showed a loss of 4lbs, but I think I should have checked with my usual scales, I choose to "accept" the great loss...knowing deep down that I hadn't been following my plan very well.....

So in reality I lost 1lb in 2 weeks...kick up the a**e taken,accepted and WILL be worked on:D

Clothes continue to be an issue. My biggest problem is that at the beginning of the year I discarded all my "clothes for when I loose weight!" that I had accumalated over the years....yes we all have a wardrobe full....most of it still with tags on!!!because I'd resigned myself to never being slim....that was before I embarked on this fabulous adventure

Now all I have to wear is
2 pairs of trousers ( both too large)
2 tops ( again too large!)
1 bra, new,.... got to control those babies:eek:
1 new red dress, black tights and shoes to go with it ( bought for Christmas...who'd have thought):cool:
1 long sleeved top (sale purchase)
and a cami top again bought in the sales

So I still don't have many clothes options....only now I don't mind because what I have got looks SOoooooO much better.( plus I don't want to have to spend money for only a few weeks!!)

When I started on this adventure of mine I was classed as severely obese and I'm pleased to announce I'm now moderately obese!!
My new T shirt size is a size 16!! ....................Yeah!!!!! 4months ago it was 22/24 Also I was, at my largest, 42 KK bra size and my newest bra is 34 H.......There is hope for us all :D!!!!

I woke up one morning a couple weeks ago and realised I'd lost a chin too.:wave_cry::D Its really strange, the weight has come off in places that don't normally shift on diets. First I noticed my arms have become quite skinny and I have ankles. My bum has shrunk along with my legs. Boobs have become less volumous :)eek:) and I can even run now without giving myself a black eye! I can't ever see me running up the beach "bay watch"style in a bikini... but I am looking forward to our next holiday and not being hot, bothered and all sweaty

I think I will probably have a bit of excess skin that might need attention but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, the NHS will defo not be helping there:mad:

On Christmas Eve we always have our main Christmas Dinner...I was cooking for 10.

I spent a lovely afternoon pottering around the kitchen, we have a vegetarian in the family so her's is cooked minus any meaty things, mine without any fat, littlest andbaby with nothing touching!! etc

I ate a small slice of turkey thigh, a small potato, a bit of homemade stuffing and delicious gravy. Not bothered about sweet stuff, but enjoyed a glass of Rose too.....very happy evening was had by all.
Dad ended up in hospital again Christmas day and had to have 4pints of blood!! as he'd developed a leak. He stayed in for another 4 days, not the best way to spend Christmas, but he's back home again now, hopefully for good this time:)

Tonight I'm off to Zumba Class:eek::eek::eek: I promised myself that I'd do this as soon as I lost some weight as it looks like a lot of fun, we will see how I get on with that!!

My youngest and I are going to start Geocaching this weekend - another thing on my list of to dos for this year along with starting horse riding again and I really want to do one of those driving challenges. The ones where you drive lorries, fire engines and buses and stuff!!:D

Well thats me up to date I think. Overall I'm very happy with me!! I like what I see in the mirror each day and I'm trying to make sure I always look my best. People compliment me every day, which is nice and I'm learning to say thank you and accept them. This is a new hobby for me - counting the compliments:eek::D

I know I've still got a way to go...I would like to lose another 2 stone before my birthday (50!!!:eek::eek::eek:) in April. I kow I'll have to keep drinking more more and eat regularly to do that and I'm aware that after April it will be harder to lose.

So here goes

Have a fabulous 2012............I certainly intend to !!!

Newmelani

Sarah, I've enjoyed reading your story. I'm the same size that you started and can't wait to see myself in the mirror and not be disgusted. I have clothes of almost every size down to a16 and maybe a couple things at a size 14. I've never been that small and can't wait to see what it feels like! I hope your dad is doing Ok.

cost

Well this time 4months ago I was walking into the theatre for my surgery....how quickly time flies :eek:

I thought I'd do a quick update as to whats been happening:)

My whole life was turned upside down before Christmas when my father ended up in hospital for 3 weeks after a bowel cancer scare...he's had to have part of the bowel removed and now has a temporary stoma:cry:

Now one of my biggest problems pre op was not eating regularly (if at all) I just "forget" to eat. Burying myself in work is my escape from things I don't wish to deal with.

So I was very disappointed with myself, when I weighed at boots just before Christmas and I'd put on 3lbs :cry::eek:

I know I've had loads of extra stress the last few weeks, with dad in hospital- didn't believe he'd come home at all for a while, the business hasn't been doing very well, (I'm the one that takes care of all the money issues) which always puts massive strain on me and my relationship with OH, so I've been ridiculous and gone back to not eating at all and taking very little water on board.But its still not an excuse...what a waste of money if I can't make this work:(:eek:

I was weighed at my 3month hospital appointment (14th Dec) and that showed a loss of 4lbs, but I think I should have checked with my usual scales, I choose to "accept" the great loss...knowing deep down that I hadn't been following my plan very well.....

So in reality I lost 1lb in 2 weeks...kick up the a**e taken,accepted and WILL be worked on:D

Clothes continue to be an issue. My biggest problem is that at the beginning of the year I discarded all my "clothes for when I loose weight!" that I had accumalated over the years....yes we all have a wardrobe full....most of it still with tags on!!!because I'd resigned myself to never being slim....that was before I embarked on this fabulous adventure

Now all I have to wear is
2 pairs of trousers ( both too large)
2 tops ( again too large!)
1 bra, new,.... got to control those babies:eek:
1 new red dress, black tights and shoes to go with it ( bought for Christmas...who'd have thought):cool:
1 long sleeved top (sale purchase)
and a cami top again bought in the sales

So I still don't have many clothes options....only now I don't mind because what I have got looks SOoooooO much better.( plus I don't want to have to spend money for only a few weeks!!)

When I started on this adventure of mine I was classed as severely obese and I'm pleased to announce I'm now moderately obese!!
My new T shirt size is a size 16!! ....................Yeah!!!!! 4months ago it was 22/24 Also I was, at my largest, 42 KK bra size and my newest bra is 34 H.......There is hope for us all :D!!!!

I woke up one morning a couple weeks ago and realised I'd lost a chin too.:wave_cry::D Its really strange, the weight has come off in places that don't normally shift on diets. First I noticed my arms have become quite skinny and I have ankles. My bum has shrunk along with my legs. Boobs have become less volumous :)eek:) and I can even run now without giving myself a black eye! I can't ever see me running up the beach "bay watch"style in a bikini... but I am looking forward to our next holiday and not being hot, bothered and all sweaty

I think I will probably have a bit of excess skin that might need attention but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, the NHS will defo not be helping there:mad:

On Christmas Eve we always have our main Christmas Dinner...I was cooking for 10.

I spent a lovely afternoon pottering around the kitchen, we have a vegetarian in the family so her's is cooked minus any meaty things, mine without any fat, littlest andbaby with nothing touching!! etc

I ate a small slice of turkey thigh, a small potato, a bit of homemade stuffing and delicious gravy. Not bothered about sweet stuff, but enjoyed a glass of Rose too.....very happy evening was had by all.
Dad ended up in hospital again Christmas day and had to have 4pints of blood!! as he'd developed a leak. He stayed in for another 4 days, not the best way to spend Christmas, but he's back home again now, hopefully for good this time:)

Tonight I'm off to Zumba Class:eek::eek::eek: I promised myself that I'd do this as soon as I lost some weight as it looks like a lot of fun, we will see how I get on with that!!

My youngest and I are going to start Geocaching this weekend - another thing on my list of to dos for this year along with starting horse riding again and I really want to do one of those driving challenges. The ones where you drive lorries, fire engines and buses and stuff!!:D

Well thats me up to date I think. Overall I'm very happy with me!! I like what I see in the mirror each day and I'm trying to make sure I always look my best. People compliment me every day, which is nice and I'm learning to say thank you and accept them. This is a new hobby for me - counting the compliments:eek::D

I know I've still got a way to go...I would like to lose another 2 stone before my birthday (50!!!:eek::eek::eek:) in April. I kow I'll have to keep drinking more more and eat regularly to do that and I'm aware that after April it will be harder to lose.

So here goes

Have a fabulous 2012............I certainly intend to !!!
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the update. Hope you Dad responds to his treatment and is feeling much better. You have done so well and what a great start to begin 2012 with.

Wishing you every success, good health and good luck for 2012.

Kind regards,