• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

claire sweeny programme

Yes Grom, there are so many places for plus size shopping. You can easily find quality clothes in any shopping mall and it has been that way for many years. Also there is a market for 'trendy & fashion forward' plus size clothes so lots of stores have a plus size range for teens & 20 somethings. A store like Primark would have to offer plus size in America or they would lose half their business!!

Over half of Americans are considered overweight, over a third are considered obese and I want to say about 1/8 are in the morbidly obese range. When you think of the population size that is a VERY BIG number!!! Less than 1% of Americans are the size of Rachel & Monica who are actually underweight by about 20% which is considered medically unhealthy. Courtney Cox (Monica) had to have fertility treatments in order to get pregnant because she was so underweight!!!

Americans like their extremes!!!

Yes Grom, there are so many places for plus size shopping. You can easily find quality clothes in any shopping mall and it has been that way for many years. Also there is a market for 'trendy & fashion forward' plus size clothes so lots of stores have a plus size range for teens & 20 somethings. A store like Primark would have to offer plus size in America or they would lose half their business!!

Over half of Americans are considered overweight, over a third are considered obese and I want to say about 1/8 are in the morbidly obese range. When you think of the population size that is a VERY BIG number!!! Less than 1% of Americans are the size of Rachel & Monica who are actually underweight by about 20% which is considered medically unhealthy. Courtney Cox (Monica) had to have fertility treatments in order to get pregnant because she was so underweight!!!

Americans like their extremes!!!

wow that is a lot of people!!
Must be great to be able to shop so easily though. Primark could make a fortune if they only realised!!!

wow that is a lot of people!!
Must be great to be able to shop so easily though. Primark could make a fortune if they only realised!!!

Yes, but that would be acknowledging the existence of 'fat people'. Heaven forfend!

Yes, but that would be acknowledging the existence of 'fat people'. Heaven forfend!

Ah yes of course - much easier not to bother with those sort of people!! I mean they wouldn't be able to fit as many people in their shops if we fatties started to go in!!!!

Hmm.... why don't we set up a clothes swap shop online?

Because shipping is brutal. My mother sent me two medium size light boxes of diet goodies for post-op (sugar free stuff you all don't have here) and it cost $80(£55) so shipping is a killer!

Because shipping is brutal. My mother sent me two medium size light boxes of diet goodies for post-op (sugar free stuff you all don't have here) and it cost $80(£55) so shipping is a killer!

What goodies did you get???

lol i have been a drag queen for years .. and not only will i have to buy all new male clothes im gona have to have all new drag clothes lolol ..... i have bought loads of shoes and diff stuff over the years from evans and ann harvey's .. so two new lifes i need to shop for how exciting lol .. heres sum pics ..

kayla_0-picture.jpg

414_1487_IMG.jpg

kaylafire.jpg

What goodies did you get???

'Jello ' Sugar free instand custard (we call it pudding) in a bunch of flavours (white choc, banana, double fudge, cheesecake, vanilla), 'Jello' (like sugar free jelly but stiffer) in lime, peach, cherry, raspberry, orange, straberry banana, cranberry, apricot & strawberry-kiwi. Instant powdered sugar-free fruit drinks 'Crystal light' & 'Koolaid' (flavours include fruit punch, grape, berry, pink lemonade, cherry). A sample pack of 14 different protein shakes & protein supplements with a shaker to mix them in. 'Swiss Miss' no sugar hot choc mix because I did not know how good your instant hot choc was (I have since learned that a like Options more!!). And a bunch of 'Ziplocks' which are like your freezer bags but ten times stonger & reusable w/ a plastic 'zip' top so it really stays closed.

I have a long list of items I will get when I go it Feb, things that I have seen in American recipes that just don't have an equal here.

Nic:p

Oh, yeah I forgot mom also sent me Coffe-mate powdered non-dairy flavoured sugar-free coffee creamer in french vanilla & hazelnut. It is an excellent flavouring for making shakes & my own version of a chai tea latte!

Oooooo Brett, your pictures are lovely...Your gona have to settle for shops like:- River Island, Next, and many many more designer outlets, instead of crapy Evans. Bummer ay (NOT). Don't envy your future shopping bill mind!!!!
I'm looking forward to all the shopping, but without the sore feet, sweating and bad moods, I will be skipping from shop to shop, grining like a loon! They will think I've just escaped from somewhere! lol. xx

lol yea tell me about it .. thankfully im handy on a sewing machine i can take loads of stuff in and i get lots made for me for the drag ...

but theres always times i need to get reg stuff for some shops .. wont be the same as evans always lets me in there changing rooms im going to have to start arguing in the smaller shops now telling them yes i do wear cocktail dresses .. lolol ..

kaylafire.jpg

414_1487_IMG.jpg

kayla_2-picture2.jpg

hey brett fab pics !!!

:eek::eek:What a tranformation Brett, you look a dream!! Truly fabulous:D:D:D

Nic:p

Back