• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a successful dieter! Very successful

Into the 14's

My weekly weigh in yesterday and I've got into the 14st's Yippeeeeeee:D

I'm feeling very pleased with myself.

Went to Matalan, I'm still being strict with cheapo clothes only, to get some new trousers and a top as I'm looking like a bag lady again. Went straight to the fat section and realised that they dont go down to a size 16:eek::eek::eek:. I wandered around the rest of the store and didn't know where to begin, I might have to ring GOK!!, So I gave up and went to the sale rail.....found a pair of trousers in a size 14 for three quid and thought they'll do for in a few weeks time........ I tried them on and they FIT!!!! Size BL**DY 14!!!!:eek::eek: Ok, Ok they are elasticated waist and comfy slacks style...BUT BL**DY SIZE 14!!!

Do I appear happy:p:D I'm thrilled!

I'm doing Zumba classes now, now I KNOW I've got no rhythm:eek: But what a hoot...great fun....would recommend it to anyone.

My confidence is climbing by the day, I get up looking forward to the day and have much more energy...its great.

I'm so glad that I made this decision, all that turmoil I put myself through making that choice, what a dope...should have done it years ago....maybe I just wasnt ready then...who knows.

I told my sister and her husband that I'd had the bypass whilst dad was in hospital before Christmas and their response was lovely, I haven't told anyone except the girls, dad and of course my OH.
She and I are totally different and whilst I'd fall on a blade for her, we dont always see eye to eye, but she thought that it was a brilliant thing for me and was very complimentary with my weight loss. Mind you she'll have a bit of a shock when she sees me next...I'm continuig to lose. Anyway I'm glad she now knows:)

2lb a week seems to have settled as my pattern which is steady weight loss, however I really need to up my exercise now to make the most of the "golden time" I really dont want to have another 2 stones to go when I reach 6/9 months out.

My big 50 is Easter Sunday (April) and I'd like to be another stone down....so into the 13's....need to work hard then....BRING IT ON!!!....IT'S ALL UP TO ME NOW!!

Yahooo!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant! :D

Excercising!

Well anyone that knows me is aware that I believe the "E" word to be as bad as swearing!!;) But I knew when I embarked on this adventure it was something I had to face.... don't get me wrong I have exercised before...I used to ride at one day events, worked out in the gym etc, but as the weight progressively rose the ability to do these things dwindles as does the confidence to start them, right?

I joined a Zumba class on Wednesdays after Christmas and had a couple of lessons, they are hilarious, although the class is so large I can't see the instructor very well and have difficulty learning the moves ( Nothing to do with my lack of rythmn:eek:)

After my second class I had a problem with my big toe - I've got an ingrowing toenail that is now infected:cry: its soooooo sore! Antibiotics and NO trainers for me for several weeks the nurse says!! GREAT! just when I was getting started.

Not to be outdone I have registered at our local gym and had the induction so I'm ready to go as soon as I can get the bl**dy trainers on!

Okay so no gym:(......mmmm:p!.....I know I"ll go swimming, I've registered for swimming lessons ( I can swim but my little girl is now like a dolphin and I want to keep up) I had my first lesson last Tuesday, 1 hour working muscles I'd forgotten about, hard, I really knew I'd done that ....note to self - must buy some goggles so I can go under water more comfortably.

I had a moment at the pool though. A brief back ground. I can swim, I'm ok but really DON"T like to get splashed or get my face wet...not sure when this started as I clearly remember doing handstands on the bottom of the pool and going down the slides straight into the deep end as a kid!

Whilst we were away, in Florida, a few years ago We went to one of the water parks and were happily cruising around in large rubber rings on the water runs, when I commented that I wasn't sure how I'd get off the thing..."easy!" shouted my (now) son-in-law as he tipped me over:eek::eek::eek::eek: All I heard as I went under was the whole of the rest of the family shouting "NOOOoooooooo!" He was mmortified when he realised but he wasn't to know bless him....anyway I digress...

Half way through the lesson my instructor asked if I'd like to jump in the deep end!!!!:eek::eek: My only thought was "Are you mad!!, Why on earth would I WANT to do that?!!" Anyway ....Do something everyday that scares you and all that tosh!

So I hauled my (not quite so) large a**e out of the pool and.......I DID IT!! I ONLY WENT AND DID IT! I'm so proud of my self, well done me!

Went swimming with OH and little girl Wednesday, couldn't do Zumba(Bl**dy toe) had a great time with them. I'm a bit flabby at the top of my legs with the loose skin but I've decided no-one gives two figs what an middle aged woman out swimming with her family looks like anyway:cool: So I'm okay with it.

Went to Zumba class on Friday just went bare foot and kept out of the others way!!!! Great class, more funky than on Weds - not so many people

I've lost another 2lbs Yippee! but its more about how I'm feeling at the moment.

So my exercising schedule is going to be:
Mon - Gym after dropping off to Brownies I'll get an hour.
Tue - 1 hour swimming lesson plus I might pop into to the gym while she has her half hour private swimming lesson
Wed - family swimming at the fun session
Thur - Gym after dropping off at Cathecism could get 45mins in
Fri - new evening Zumba class, smaller class I can see better, only downside its in a dance studio with mirrors:eek::eek::eek: Must get sports bra!!!
Sat - could get 30mins in while she has her group swimming lesson

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and hope that this schedule is do-able, but if I can't manage some of it well I wont beat myself up as any exercise at the moment is better than what I've been doing:D

Business wise, all is going a lot better, I've taken back control, gone back to basics and returned the business to where we started it all....we'd lost our way a bit...being so busy moving forward! I hope it continues I think it will, we must just keep sight of what we want the business to be:D

Dad is doing better, he is still a bit frustrated with all the appointments that continue, but each day he's doing far more for himself and around the house. I try to get him out every day even if its only to Asda and you can see the improvement in him and his mood. We have been told that the infection is still prevalent and he may not be able to have the temporary stoma removed if this doesn't clear...but we'll cross that bridge if/when it comes ( Mum died after a similar operation to this nearly 12 years ago, so its all a bit raw) Wow! I've just mentioned mum and her op and not broke into floods of tears...thats a first, maybe my head is sorting itself out too!!

Anyway, maybe I should write my diary more often then I wouldn't ramble on so much...never kept a diary before so even this is new to me!

a lovely thread hun xxx you have done so well xxx

You are doing incredible! I look forward to when I can be more active. It sounds like you're getting everything figured out! Exercise is so hard to start, but can be fun when you get into it. How much weight have you lost?

You are doing incredible! I look forward to when I can be more active. It sounds like you're getting everything figured out! Exercise is so hard to start, but can be fun when you get into it. How much weight have you lost?

Thank you, I've lost 73lbs so far and would like to lose another 30 or so. Had my op at the beginning of Sept 2011 so not doing too bad for just under 5months:cool:

Oh my god, get you!! Well done on all that exercise!!! Can u send motivation my way? X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Well dun Hun ur doin fantastic :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back