• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

clothes sizes and weight

chrisa said:
Hope we all get there soon be lovely we can all audition to be the girls parading round the boxing ring with the numbers on a card xx

Funny you should mention this , my son boxes and I told him I would never watch him fight but I could surprise him one night and become the new round lady !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

lol ive told my mates that if im a size 12 by xmas ill run down the street naked on new years eve at 12 lol i think they are hoping it wont be !!!!!

Funny you should mention this , my son boxes and I told him I would never watch him fight but I could surprise him one night and become the new round lady !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I told my 9 year old that once I lose weight, I'm joining his karate class lol

5ft5 (well 5ft 4.5 lol) 11st 10lbs, and size 14. i think id need to be in the 10stones before I am size 12. working on it!!!

xx

I can't even aim for a size because I have never been slim as an adult. I am a smidge over 6ft 2" and around 21st now I think. I am about a size 20. Wore 2 size 18 dresses. Not size 18. Well my bottom isn't anyhow lol

Started off 28/30 on 12th April last year. So I am going in the right direction.

Size 14 feels impossible for me as I sit here. Can't even contemplate size 12 lol

I can't even aim for a size because I have never been slim as an adult. I am a smidge over 6ft 2" and around 21st now I think. I am about a size 20. Wore 2 size 18 dresses. Not size 18. Well my bottom isn't anyhow lol

Started off 28/30 on 12th April last year. So I am going in the right direction.

Size 14 feels impossible for me as I sit here. Can't even contemplate size 12 lol

With your model height size 16 is going to look slim! i'd love to be tall!

angeeb said:
With your model height size 16 is going to look slim! i'd love to be tall!

Aaww thanks Angee :) The smallest I have been as an adult was 16 in the top and 18 on the bottom. I was age 21 and 15st 8lbs. Had lost weight at SW. My shape has all changed now though. My body is smaller at a higher weight than it was back then. Unless clothes have changed a lot. Like when I was 20 and 19st 12lb I was size 22-24?? Strange lol

It all confuses me something terrible.

It was only in the latter end of my twenties I came to terms with my height. Now I at 30, I actually like it :)

I'm currently a 26/28 and weigh a little over 21 stone and am 5ft7

People don't think I'm as big as I am as I do carry it well.

I doubt I'll be a 12 but would love to be a 14/16 like I was when I was 18.

Apparently I have tiny ribs so should slim onto them well.

sammyc said:
size 12 clothes will deffo be cheaper looking forward to getting into primark lol how sad is that !!!!!

Not sad at all hun, I can't wait for the day I can get into primark clothes lol x x

I've never been a size 12 so don't know what weight I'd need to get too. When I was in my late teens I was 11 1/2 stone and only just squeezed into a 14 on the bottom. I do think shops have changed their sizes though. Plus, as a nation and our lifestyles now body shapes have changed so shops have had to change their clothes sizings.

In fact, dress making pattern sizes are still set at the measurements for each size as it was set out in the 50's whereas ready to wear garments are at least 4" bigger with the same dress size.

I think sizes are getting bigger too, seven years ago I did lighter life and got down to 10 st 4lb and was a size 12/14 at 5'8", but this time I'm down to 14st 6lb and can get into size 16/18 whereas last time I was this weight I was more a size 18/20

I'm between sizes nothing fits my bottom half. My jeans are either too big or too small. I'm 5'6 16st9 and in-between a 20 & 18. Can't wait until I'm comfy in my 18s

Nellyphant said:
I've never been a size 12 so don't know what weight I'd need to get too. When I was in my late teens I was 11 1/2 stone and only just squeezed into a 14 on the bottom. I do think shops have changed their sizes though. Plus, as a nation and our lifestyles now body shapes have changed so shops have had to change their clothes sizings.

In fact, dress making pattern sizes are still set at the measurements for each size as it was set out in the 50's whereas ready to wear garments are at least 4" bigger with the same dress size.

That has cleared up my confusion for me. Thank you very much :D

Back