• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The best and worst bits of having a bypass

Nanny Og

Worst bits the gas pain and sicky feeling

At 8 days post op the best bit is trying on my fav pair of size 18 jeans (tried these 3 weeks ago when started pre op and couldn't get them up) and they went up and buttoned with no probs and I could get my hands in my pockets easily. And I have a jaw line again

Weirdest bit is under my chin, I used to pull and play with the fatty bit under my chin now there's hardly anything to grip onto.

tea towel

This is a great thread...
I am a pre-opper, hoping it will be June.

I went to Chessington last week and I was too paranoid I wouldn't fit on the seats so I didn't go on some of the rides, and I had to sit for over an hour at each time and watch my husband with my two boys......
But all the time I kept thinking, not for much more...........

Nice to hear all you positive comments.

me_but_better

tea towel said:
This is a great thread...
I am a pre-opper, hoping it will be June.

I went to Chessington last week and I was too paranoid I wouldn't fit on the seats so I didn't go on some of the rides, and I had to sit for over an hour at each time and watch my husband with my two boys......
But all the time I kept thinking, not for much more...........

Nice to hear all you positive comments.

I've done this for years!! Always my hubby taking my girls on the rides, can't wait for our next visit... Hopefully I'll be on with them!!!

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
I went on some slow rides Tueday. Wouldn't risk fast ones yet. But wanted to scream, look people, I fit and it's not even a squeeze lol

tea towel

Oh that's great!
Can't wait to do these things however it's doubly alward as I am 6ft so where my legs supposed to go with a podgey bottom?! Lol

tea towel

Just thinking, with the weight loss being really quick is it a dramatic change in your body shape or does it catch up with what it says on the scales? Does that make sense?
Does it feel great?!

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
tea towel said:
Just thinking, with the weight loss being really quick is it a dramatic change in your body shape or does it catch up with what it says on the scales? Does that make sense?
Does it feel great?!

My body is losing size faster than my weight at the moment. Lost 2 inches of my waist and an inch off each thigh.

And I am 6ft 2.5, so I feel your pain lol

Last edited:

tea towel

Wow that's great to see your body change shape so quickly. Fantastic!
Gosh, I thought I was a tall lady!
Horrid being tall and fat, and when I was pregnant that was just another terrible combination! Lol x

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
tea towel said:
Wow that's great to see your body change shape so quickly. Fantastic!
Gosh, I thought I was a tall lady!
Horrid being tall and fat, and when I was pregnant that was just another terrible combination! Lol x

I totally understand. Just one big mass of a person! Lol. Never can hide or blend in x

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Daphne Cotton said:
I love your message. I hope I am going to be able to put the same message on after next Thursday (day of my operation) lol Daphne

Good luck Daphne!!! Xxx

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
Hi thank you so much for a great thread. I'm just waiting for funding but I'm with you all. I don't want to inject myself anymore and to not be diabetic any more seems like a miracle. I haven't told anybody this but, and please don't laugh, what I can't wait for is to be able to run again or even jog. Last year I hobbled round the race for life but next time I want to run and get a stitch and look terrible but it will be my own little miracle. And you will see me on the pictures I will have a big sloppy grin on my face x

chubby funster

Not sure if this has been put down yet, but a new discovery for my is my Bum now very comfortably fits with considerable wiggle room, in those white plastic patio chairs!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Yvessa

Hacing the confidence to get my hair done and go out in public in a dress.

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
chubby funster said:
Not sure if this has been put down yet, but a new discovery for my is my Bum now very comfortably fits with considerable wiggle room, in those white plastic patio chairs!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I like that too lol.

And the bath water can still fill behind me while I am sitting in it without me rocking to the side lol

Plus, not sweating half as much in the heat :)

Now I am settled into my bypass I love a lot about it:

Eating a small amount without worrying. Actually feeling proud its all I can and want to eat.

Feeling some bones starting to come through. Imagine what I will be like near goal! Lol

Compliments are nice.

People happily sitting in the seat next to me on the bus. The seat next to me was the last one anyone would perch on at my biggest :(

I spend a lot less on lunches and eating out. That's a good bonus for me :)

Knowing this summer I can go to theme parks :)

There are more, but I won't thread hog :)

Juicieluce

Hi this is the first time i have used anything like this so im not 100 per cent sure what i am doing... i had a gastric bypass 18 months ago and just wanted to no if anyone has put on weight since there op as i have put on a few pounds :-((