• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The best and worst bits of having a bypass

I am 21 weeks post op, I can honestly say the worst things about having a bypass are:
Not being able to drink diet coke or lager ( but I'm not drinking any alcohol at the moment anyway I'm waiting 6 months)
The hair loss (but I've been told it grows back)

The best things are:
The compliments (I love seeing someone I haven't seen for a while - It's normally WOW look at you!)
I see a glance of myslef in a mirror or window and have to look twice, I can't believe its me
Everyone says I look 10 years younger
I can wear anything and I look fantastic
So energetic, excercise is no longer a chore
I feel so much healthier
The kids are loving the new me
My fiance is really loving the new me (LOL)
I can cross my legs
I went on holiday and didn't have to ask for an extension
I go on all the roller coasters with the kids
I can go upstairs without being out of breath
I have no aches and pains anymore
I can wear killer heels again
I've started wearing dresses again
I've lost 5 stone 9lb but I still want to lose another 4st 12lb so I can't wait to see what this list will be like 1 year post op x

Wow, I can not wait until the day I can share a similar story. Thank you and I am delighted your now living life to the full.
Xxxxx

11 weeks post op
Bad bits;
  • The problems eating I had to start with.
  • The constipation which put me in hospital.
  • Feeling tired.
  • I had a lot of pain after my op :cry:

The good bits;
  • I no longer use crutches.
  • I am over 5stone lighter.
  • The support my fab hubby has given me.
  • Getting on a wii fit and it not saying 'get off'
  • Being able to go for walks.
  • Not thinking about food all the time.
  • Finding I can get cloths in Asda, Tesco and other shops, NO more evans for me :D
  • Having what feels like a new life.

And fingers crossed now my body is getting healthier I will get my dream of being a mum (once my year is up and my team say we can try):family2:

I like their coats, they are nice. Everything else I am SO looking forward to shopping everywhere. I don't know what I will do with all the choice. I always wants to shop in Next but nothing would ever fit me the best thing about bypass will be all the clothes I can buy.

Does anyone actually LIKE Evans?? ;)

This may sound bad but I hate it as my mum shops there so people think we are sisters...... which is good for her but make me think I must look 50 also :cry:

Best bit today, fitting in to a bath. Actually having my first bath in over 5 years. Feels like heaven.
Worst bit today: panicking after having 3 cappucino's and 1latte. 410 calories added. And not needed.

Ruthiep said:
Does anyone actually LIKE Evans?? ;)

No!!! Expensive and nothing is on trend. I love shopping on George and new look. Nice, trendy clothes that cost less. Evans needs to move with the time and cater for younger and older people instead of for no one lol

ryanrara said:
Best bit today, fitting in to a bath. Actually having my first bath in over 5 years. Feels like heaven.
Worst bit today: panicking after having 3 cappucino's and 1latte. 410 calories added. And not needed.

I bet the bath was awesome! I love a nice bubble bath :)

I guess Cals not bad if a one off matey xxx

What a great Thread!
I had my bypass on the 24th Feb 2012, and still feel very up and down, i worry i will not loss the weight. I hope to feel like you guys as soon as poss! So will post again in this thread asap. xx

Audrey said:
What a great Thread!
I had my bypass on the 24th Feb 2012, and still feel very up and down, i worry i will not loss the weight. I hope to feel like you guys as soon as poss! So will post again in this thread asap. xx

Good luck Audrey!! Hopefully all the benefits will hit you ASAP :D

Great thread, thank you all

:talk017:

Lots of great things to celebrate well done everyone.

Spare a little time to focus on keeping that feeling going and what and how you will change and build new habits for the future. As the golden year finishes it gets harder for most and very hard for many. As I say enjoy but spare a mo to focus on that because it is can be very hard further out if you don't grasp the messages at the beginning and learn how to use your bright shiny new tool to best advantage both now and in the future.

Good luck everyone

M

CCPM said:
Lots of great things to celebrate well done everyone.

Spare a little time to focus on keeping that feeling going and what and how you will change and build new habits for the future. As the golden year finishes it gets harder for most and very hard for many. As I say enjoy but spare a mo to focus on that because it is can be very hard further out if you don't grasp the messages at the beginning and learn how to use your bright shiny new tool to best advantage both now and in the future.

Good luck everyone

M

That's a great reminder. Thank you :D

What a great thread !! It's lovely to read the best and worst bits. Gives me something to look forward to, as I'm still waiting for my surgery date.

6 weeks 4 days post-op and after wearing 56"+ jeans all those years,i can now get in 42" and these are getting to big fast, that it hard to keep up with all the shopping as now can get jeans in asda and tesco's only a fiver a pair whoop whoop :eek:

That's excellent, I am a 54" waist at the moment so looking forward to buying smaller cheaper clothes myself.

Huracaneal said:
it's a great feeling to buy clothes of the peg sort a speak
down to 40" this morning and now weight 19st 8lbs
from 26st 12lbs
and can't wait to get on a plane and fit in that seat with no extention belt :)

Wow!! Well done!

Back