• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Compression Stockings

TR_Wolf

(just call me Adam)
How long do I ACTUALLY have to keep these stupid surgical stockings on for?! There's no way in Hell I'm keeping them on for 6 weeks! I've only had them on since Friday and I'm thoroughly sick of them, plus my toe keeps popping out of the stupid hole!

I'd love a night in bed without feeling like I'm wearing knee socks!!

You're meant to wear them for a reason...& I'm sure you know that!!! Now I've finished sounding like your mum:D, I agree with you, they are really annoying & uncomfortable. I managed to keep mine on for a week but I was up & about straight after my op & kept myself very mobile in the following weeks....I would have a chat with your care provider & see what they recommend depending on you DVT risk xx

I wasn't told to wear mine when I left the hospital but I was given 14 days of clexane injections

I'd wear them for the rest of my life if that meant I won't have to be injected in my tummy lol !!!

My friends wife died a few months ago, just 6 weeks after having the bypass. She died of a blood clot.

You're told to wear them for a reason. Why go through all this surgery and all the risks involved with it, just to end up being back in hospital because you didn't wear your socks?
Do as you're told young man! ;)

yorkiegal said:
My friends wife died a few months ago, just 6 weeks after having the bypass. She died of a blood clot.

You're told to wear them for a reason. Why go through all this surgery and all the risks involved with it, just to end up being back in hospital because you didn't wear your socks?
Do as you're told young man! ;)

Sort to hear this how truly awful, I'll deffo b keeping mine on xx

I found that they looked very fetching with open toe sandles!
Poor you, as a bander, I only had to keep mine on for a day. The ridges in my legs have just about disapeared now! xx

To all the people that were told hey have to wear then for weeks were you given the blood thinning injections to do at home?? if so how long for?

Lol i hated every single one of them I had 14, my hubby done mine for me, how long were you told to keep your stockings on for?

Oh right, I wasnt told to wear them, i left without them on and they were never mentioned again, it strange how much it differers, I would have thought this would be the same throughout!

Back