• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

thinking of going private

sarahlove

Hiya im currently on the nhs waiting list for a gastric band.. to be honest I have been treat very bad and im considering going private.. can anyone suggest any hospitals im the midlands and give me any information on this as im concerned I wont get much after care ect.. thanks

I went private with THG (bypass) I have been very happy with my aftercare so far - ok I've had no issues but if I have needed to speak to anyone theres always been someone on the end of a phone. I am in the West Mids

Hi Hunni and welcome I was banded by the Nhs back last month so understand the process, i don't want to go thru the ins and outs with whats happened, but if your on the waiting list already, the funding must have been agreed, so could you not just transfer to a different hospital? once you have the funding it can be transferred to which ever hospital of your choice :) so far my after care has been just fine :) x x x x

Hi.. which private hospital dud yiu us if you dont mind me asking as there is so many out there and as for funding they keep telling me I wont get funding till I have done a year and then I might not get it. I can't risk my health for a maybe so im stuck and very confused. . So after speaking with my partner we have decided to go private..

I went with healthier weight who are based in Birmingham and had surgery via them at spire Solihull :)

Will have look thanks

Hi.. which private hospital dud yiu us if you dont mind me asking as there is so many out there and as for funding they keep telling me I wont get funding till I have done a year and then I might not get it. I can't risk my health for a maybe so im stuck and very confused. . So after speaking with my partner we have decided to go private..

Ah i see :) thought you was on the list with funding in place already........ can understand your thinking my wait via the NHS was almost 3 years total. I had to attend several group sessions along with dietician appointments before funding was agreed but everywhere is different these days with how they work, some places the wait is not as long at all. Unfortunately there are a lot of hoops to jump thru via the NHS route, but for me the time waiting was invaluable, and wouldn't changed it for the world. Good luck on your decision to go private. there are loads of peeps on here who have bee banded privately, im sure they will only be glad to be of help hun :D wishing you all the best on your journey x x x x

Thankyou for you time and advice.. I am just sure this is my best option..I cant have all this uncertainty from the nhs...
Can I ask how much is healthier weight roughly.. someone did say the spire is very exspensive..

Thankyou everyone

I have emailed healthier weight so fingers crossed

I went to the Spire in Solihull its a nice small Bupa place

Yes I have been looking at the spire solihull.. pricing seems a bit high though.. not sure what I should be looking at for a gastric band private. ..

Ring up a few companies, don't be afraid to haggle I got over £1k knocked off the price of my bypass

I had my surgery with Mr Paul Super at the hospital group, it cost £4995, he works at spire too but the prices were so much more there. The hospital group own Dolan Park Hospital so their prices are more competitive. I chose Mr Super because he is the Head of Weight Loss Surgery at Heartlands Hospital, he has a very good reputation. Hope this helps a little.

sarah i see your northamptonshire if your northampton try three shires down cliftonville i think they do it though not 100% but could be worth asking

heartlands have no beds they are sending the nhs patients to spire solihull not sure if the surgeons go there from heartlands though

Thankyou for you time and advice.. I am just sure this is my best option..I cant have all this uncertainty from the nhs...
Can I ask how much is healthier weight roughly.. someone did say the spire is very exspensive..

Thankyou everyone

My BMI was over 50 so my op was more expensive, and was £7995. It's less if your BMI is under 50. They aren't the cheapest but their pre op, during and post op care has been good. I had experiences with THG during contact that really left a lot to be desired and I liked GW with how they were when I went to see them.

My surgeon mr super was excellent too :)

Thankyou everyone. I phoned them today top kat and they were lovely.. im looking at 5950 but there after and before care seem very good. Going to think everything over and look at finances and go from there. Thank you fir ur advice

Well.. booked my consultation with healthier weight 16th april.. eekk cant wait but also a little scarey.. im seeing a david ashton.. can anyone tell me what to acspect.. gosh moving very fast..

hard to say what to expect as every provider differs slightly but i would think mainly discussion on your options when you would want it etc etc might need tests ordered

Back