• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

Only one week to go before I get my balloon. Does anybody have any tips on what to eat during the soft food stage? The directions at my hospital seem to be 3 days liquid, semi-solids day 4-7 and then introducing solid foods from day 8.

I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the people who will be severely nauseous for quite some time so want to stock up a week's supply of food since I doubt I'll be in a position to go grocery shopping! :) Other than yoghurt, thicker soups and porridge, what should I get?

Hi tilli
Good luck next week! So exciting!!!!
I was on tea and cuppa soups and jelly for the first while! I'm not supposed to have dairy but I think I did have a few yogurts!!!
I was on soft foods for the ten days ad far as I can remember!
Then after that I was grand. But I had got sick quite a few times on day 1 that I refused to push it from there on coz I dispise getting sick and will swallow it down rather than allow it back up!!!!
I don't eat much carbs so I didn't have porridge, instead I had protein shakes made on water.
The only thing that effected my balloon has been pushing the amount of water I drink! I get pains from that!
I have not heard of the coke cleaning the balloon!!! I do drink caffeine free diet coke! Can't have caffeine or dairy!!!
Had a potatoe yesterday for dinner! Couldn't enjoy it at all!!! It way yuck! Lol!
Wish I could be turned of chocholate!!!!!

carol b :)

I'm off on a cruise in less than three weeks!!!

Broke my toe last week so can't go running or walking, can't get my runners on!!!!
But I've swapped to kettle bell workouts! Feels good! Tummy a tightening up!!!
Hope I keep going at them!
I haven't weighed myself in over three weeks!
Don't think I've lost anything but that's a big thing that I haven't weighed in!!!!! I was doing it daily!!!
I am looking forward to weighing in soon ?
I don't have a scales where I am right now!!!
Any way! Time for a workout xx

Thanks Carol! Have fun on your cruise! I think it's good that you don't weigh yourself daily though..I find I always do better if I don't weigh myself often (simply because I lose my drive if I think the weight isn't coming off quickly enough). Or maybe that's just how my brain works :)

Have a fun cruise CB4 .. I have to wait till October. Sweating a bit worrying that I am going to be ok to go as I will be roughly 7 weeks post op by then. Not flying but have to drive down to Southampton. We have had this planned and paid for back in July 12 before I had even started on the path of WLS.
I have heard of soda water to clean the balloon just before they take it out but not as a regular thing. I was actually told no fizzy stuff at all...ever as it could stretch the stomach too much as well as be uncomfortable to do so.
Can't preach what I don't do myself ...I'm an out & out scale addict :eek:

Have a fun cruise CB4 .. I have to wait till October. Sweating a bit worrying that I am going to be ok to go as I will be roughly 7 weeks post op by then. Not flying but have to drive down to Southampton. We have had this planned and paid for back in July 12 before I had even started on the path of WLS.
I have heard of soda water to clean the balloon just before they take it out but not as a regular thing. I was actually told no fizzy stuff at all...ever as it could stretch the stomach too much as well as be uncomfortable to do so.
Can't preach what I don't do myself ...I'm an out & out scale addict :eek:

Thanks femfrankie ?
I can't wait to go!!! I would kill to be a half stone lighter!!! But it's just so hard at the minute!

My Piccie update

Tomorrow is the big day that i found out if this has all been worth it and if i will go on to have the bypass. So here are a few before & after pics :).. Wish me luck for tomorrow folks x

POINT OF NO RETURN.jpg Before

Next 3 are me where taken yesterday as I have reached the halfway point in my loss.

2013 JULY 23 & Halfway (1).jpg

2013 JULY 23 Halfway (2).JPG

2013 JULY 23 Halfway (4).JPG

Last edited:
Thank you Lozer :)

Good luck tomorrow Frankie! I am confident you will get your funding - but regardless of what happens this HAS been worth it. Just look at the difference in those pictures of yourself!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow sweetie. Let us know how it goes xxx

Oh frankie! Even without the added bonus of funding surely this has been worth it? Well done!

You are two lovely ladies ..thank you :) .. I am so glad that you can see the difference as I only see a little difference... Losers blindness I guess. I would be fibbing if I said I didn't feel it though because I most definetly do ..I don't feel like my legs are fighting gravity when i lift them now. My Cpap pressure has been reduced so it dosent sound like a train is about to crash into the bedroom hahaha. Most of all is avoiding the wheelchair and being able to enjoy my 10mth grand daughter :)

You are two lovely ladies ..thank you :) .. I am so glad that you can see the difference as I only see a little difference... Losers blindness I guess. I would be fibbing if I said I didn't feel it though because I most definetly do ..I don't feel like my legs are fighting gravity when i lift them now. My Cpap pressure has been reduced so it dosent sound like a train is about to crash into the bedroom hahaha. Most of all is avoiding the wheelchair and being able to enjoy my 10mth grand daughter :)
Ah Hun I know only too well what you mean. But there is a huge difference. And I am sure you will get your funding.

Thanks Yve. I'm actually feeling quite sick thinking about it to be honest. Had all family over tonight so that kept my mind occupied & my favourite tv prog is back on tonight so something else to distract me for an hour :)

Thank you Melissa :) x

Back