• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

:-D

Mio

I haven't posted in here for ages as I've had a lot of trouble with my hospital - people losing test results, no-one answering the phone and not replying to voice messages and generally making me feel like I had been totally forgotten.
So two weeks ago I decided to go on the offensive - logged every phone call I made, what time, whether I left a message and sent it to the hospital PALS service.
An hour later I get an email saying they's spoken to the consultant's secretary and now, a week after that, I have my date!! :D

I go in on September 13th (unlucky for some, but not for me!) with my pre-assessment with the nurse on 9th August, where i'll get my lovely pre-op diet plan (joys *lol*) No-one else I've told will really understand the significance of this, so I wanted to just go yay with people who do!

Excellent - really pleased for you xx

Mr Sufi's away for all of August so they must have REALLY put their foot down with the team to get you in that soon after xx

Fantastic and well done for taking matters into your own hands!! It just shows it pays to fight back. Congratulations and good luck x

Excellent - really pleased for you xx

Mr Sufi's away for all of August so they must have REALLY put their foot down with the team to get you in that soon after xx

:-D Thank you!

I've been under process since around May last year, and had my last procedure around March/April this year - then I've just been waiting and waiting and waiting. At one point they even "lost" my endoscopy results and I flat out refused to have another one done as I hated it so much *lol*

They probably found a space for me to shut me up ;-)

Fantastic and well done for taking matters into your own hands!! It just shows it pays to fight back. Congratulations and good luck x

I got tired of feeling like I was being ignored and decided to take matters into my own hands - and it just goes to show what happens when you don't give up! I will remember that over the next few months...!

I got referred for the surgery over a year ago, so will be almost 18 months from first appointment to actually getting it done, then I have another few months getting used to it all. I look forward to when this is all done and over with *lol*

Great news glad u got ur date at last lol good luck wiv it all Ull soon be on the losers bench :) and starting ur new long n happy healthy life x

Thanks everyone - it's so lovely to tell people who know what I'm going through and what it all means *gets a bit teary* :)

Can't wait to start losing the pounds! I have so many things I want to do once I've recovered, like start dancing lessons again and horse riding and buy lots of silly clothes just becuase I can ;-)

And I'll try to remember all that when the going seems tough!

brilliant news ,just before mine ,will be watchin and wishin you well,all the way !,,,i keep smiling , exciting aint it? haha xxx good luck!

I keep forgetting about it, then remembering and panicking, then getting excited, then forgetting about it and going on this big cycle *lol* I think it will really hit home after my pre-op assessment with the nurse in a couple of weeks... That's when it'll all suddenly feel very real.
Am so glad I found this board though, it's been invaluable with all it's support and lovely people :)

Time flies o_O And I feel a bit like I'm talking to myself on here, but it's nice to get everything out!
Got my nurses pre-op appointment tomorrow and I'm feeling really nervous. I have no idea what to expect, though the nurse at my last appointment sad something about taking "femoral blood" which is just a terrifying thought (I am so scared of needles :()

It's still 6 weeks to my op but I'm not quite sure how I feel right now. I wish it was closer to the date, so I could get it done adn over with. 18 months is a long time to wait...

Thats Brilliant news and shows it pays not giving up. Good Luck with you wls and the rest of you wls journey x

Thank you :-D

Went to pre-op appointment, got told I have to be on pre-op diet for four weeks :-O Luckiy it's the food-based one - if it was the milk one I wouldn't be able to do it, I know for sure!

Good luck with it all. I have started the milk diet 2day for 2, weeks I found it hard to drink all the milk if honest. But day 1 over. Your feelings are nomad as my date is getting nearer I'm getting excited, teary, etc your not alone sweet keep in touch luv kaz x x x

Awh - keep going and good luck! I'm not a great fan of milk at the best of times so really couldn't do it for four weeks *lol* I think the first week is probably the hardest - after that I'm hoping it gets better...! ;-) x

Mio said:
Awh - keep going and good luck! I'm not a great fan of milk at the best of times so really couldn't do it for four weeks *lol* I think the first week is probably the hardest - after that I'm hoping it gets better...! ;-) x

Thanks very much mio, well day 3 down just 11 days to go? It's not been as bad as I though it's just making sure to drink plenty of water 2. Keep in touch luv kaz x

Pre-op diet starts tomorrow! Well, tbh, I've been slowly winding up to it over the previous few days really. Been eating salads and fruit during the day for the past month and have slimfast for breakfast most mornings, so it's hopefully not going to be as hard as it could be. Evening meals are going to be hard though, and I am having a Last Supper of chicken chow mein tonight *lol*

Been trying to make my meal times more regimented, which is surprisingly hard - and I can't seem to get enough carbs into my daily allowance >_< I don't eat bread or anything with wheat in if I can help it (am lactose intolerant and suspect I'm also gluten intolerant too) so don't eat bread, don't like potatoes, so it leaves me pasta (which has gluten in) or rice! Not much to choose from really.

Am hoping I'll be ok though - will try for a few days and if it's really not working I'll give my dietician a call to see what she suggests.

I just want to say that I have never looked forward to eating fruit before than I do today. Grumbly tummy after a small bowl of what was basically leaves for lunch, and eyeing up the plums I have for my snack in a bit.

At least I'm skint atm (payday friday!) so can't buy anything bad *lol*

Only my second day on the diet and I have discovered things already!
Went to the pub with my new partner last night and managed to have a chicken wrap and salad (all within my allowances) and a coffee then a lime and soda water, while he scoffed down burger and chips and two pints! I felt really pleased with myself, especially as I had no desire for alcohol at all (in fact, the thought made me feel quite ill!)

The second thing is I've discovered I really like apples! Ran out of plums to eat for my snack and grabbed an apple on my way in this morning. Wasn't too looking forward to eating it but realised it was that or nothing, and was amazed how nice it was.

Am really looking forward to the next few weeks - it's going to be hard but I know I can do it!!

Ur doin great moi well dun :)

Back