• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

:-D

Kazziehill

Hi there moi sorry I've not been in touch sooner, as you know this is my 10th day of the milk diet, and I'm doing well was weighed tonight at weight watchers as I've been going there since last September and I lost 6 lb this week on the milk diet. That takes my total now since September . I want to wish you lots of luck and you can do this. I promise you I have always given on on healthy eating (diets) before but this time even I've managed to loose the weight. When you first start your pre op diet u do get hungry I wont lie to you but as the days go on you seem to just go straight for the milk and water and no food. I never thought I would say that lol?
I think this is also a good test to see how we will manage when we have had our surgery. I have had mixed emotions like im sure you are? Excited, nervous, anxious, sad, looking forward to the future, worried about family and friends, even crying at times but I assure you this is just a rollercoaster. I'm telling you this now to help you as I'm going through this all now as my op is wed 24th august. 2011. Just think it will all be worth it in the end and hey we can do this and with the support of all the lovely people on this forum I'm certain we can do it. Good luck and ur welcome anytime 2 get in touch luv kaz x x x

Mio

Hi Kaz

Thanks for your post!

I'm lucky that I'm doing the low fat/low carb diet (similar to this one - BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association) so I'm getting some proper food in me - but in about 1/3 of the size that I'm used to!

The first day or so was really hard, and I felt really dizzy and lightheaded for a while, but I preservered and not feeling too bad now! And I've already lost 2lb this week :-D

Ooh, so your op is next week! Good luck, I hope it all goes well (which I'm sure it will!) I am still feeling really nervous but most of all I'm determined to make it work for me. I will do it - and so will you ;-)

Kazziehill

Hi there mio, thanks for your reply, I'm sure you have got mixed feelings sweet, so have I especially as my bypass is on Wednesday I can't believe it's here nearly. I had a cry in middle of the night I won't lie, I am a bit scared but worry about my boyfriend family and friends. But we can do this and think this time next year ? Yes the milk diet is hard but I've got used to it. Weekends are the hardest I've found when family etc around but hey if it means we will be healthier happier then I'm going to stick to it. Keep in touch get in touch anytime lovely to chat. Keep smiling and remember we can do this. Luv kaz x x x

Mio

So. Am feeling a bit better this week, and just starting my second week of the LRD.
Saw my doc on Monday and, I have to admit, I got a bit tearful with her. She was very udnerstanding, and gave me lots of support, and my meds have been upped temporarily jsut to give me a bit of a boost. I've also now spoken to my dietician who has said I can have one day off this coming weekend when I'm going away with friends (seeing as I'm on it for four weeks I was really hoping they'd let me!) so am now an awful lot better than I was before and feeling much more positive.
Funnily enough, I'm also finding that even the food that I'm meant to have is too much - a bowl of stirfry veg and 6 tablespoons of rice doesn't sound very much, but it took me 20 minutes to eat it the other day! I'm taking this as a good sign and hope that it continues :)

Mio

Well - 2 weeks today I will be in the hospital! It's getting really close now and I feel ok. Maybe that's partly becuase I had (under my dieticians allowance) a day off at the weekend when I was away seeing friends, and I was wonderful *lol*
Amusingly, I had one alcoholic drink and felt really ill so ended up drinking water all night XD Was nice to have proper food though. Am now back on the diet but feel really energised about it, much more than I was before! Ten more days at work before my op... :)

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Woohoo good luck!!! :) x

Mio

Well, today is the last day that I'll be using this diary, as I'm going in for my banding tomorrow!

It seems like time has flown by, seems only last week I was trying desperately to speak to someone at the hospital, after months of being told to "call back later". Then when I got my date in July it seemed to be so long in the future it didn't bother me. Now, in less than 12 hours, I'll be in the hospital, maybe even already in theatre, on my way to a new beginning.

I'm really anxious but also excited about it. Am really hoping that it works for me!

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Ohhhhhh good luck :) xxx

Mio

Thank you! :-D

Am quite glad I'm in work today as it's good to have something to focus on. Saying that, it's also good that my manager is out for the rest of the day as my mind is all over the place *lol*

Going to have a lovely quiet night in tonight - hot bath, good book and even going to raid my DVD collection to see what I can put on. Am up at 5:30am tomorrow (I have never been up at that time in my life XD) so it will be an early night too!

This is going to be a very strange week but, hopefully, a good one as well :)

Tray3004

Good luck for 2moz Hun :) xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery