• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Date for 2nd December an nervous

Well i took a call yesterday from Mr Shroeders secretery offering me a date for bypass on 2nd December......OMG. I had my endoscopy on 2nd September and was told the waiting list was approx 6 month so this call came as a shock, especially as until tonight i hadnt told my husband a single thing about this. Ive made myself ill worrying about telling him, expecting the worst and generally just putting it off because there was never a good time. Tonight i bit the bullet and told him whats been going on for the past 18 months and i am blown away by his response, his words were "I will support you 100% whatever you do". That has just made what i am facing a whole lot easier. now all i have to worry about is that i gained 7lb on holiday last month and have lost 6 lb of that, will have to knuckle down this week an get a couple more of as i think i am still 1 lb heavier than my last appointment and im worried they wont go ahead if i am.

oh thats great!! both the op and your hubbys reaction, good luck :) xxx

That is fabulous news, Lea :) So glad you have your husbands wholehearted support, honey ... it will make such a difference ... good luck xxx :D

Fantastic all round , good luck hunni xx

Yay congratulations... another SRH person on their way ;) x x

congratulations lea i'm over the moon for you! knowing you have support must have lifted a massive weight (so to speak!) already x

That is fantastic news! I'm not telling anyone other than my husband and parents but you are so brave to have kept it quiet - you must have been so thrilled with his response. Good luck x

:party:

Thank you all for your messages of support and i see a few of you are SRH patients to. ANNA GOOD LUCK FOR TODAY i'm thinking of you, please let me know how you get on.

i phoned Mr Schroders secretery today to confirm the date for 2nd Decmebr, she said that a nurse will be in touch to appange a pre op and i will be posted out details of the pre op diet. can anyone who is with SRH give my any info on what to expect next? x

Congrats on getting your date, I got my date last Wednesday for the 9th dec can't believe it lol not long now to go for us both.

They told me that I'd get a letter confirming date and nurse would ring directly with details of pre op diet and when to go in for my pre op tests.

I'll keep you informed if I hear anything else. X

LET.ME.OUT.OF.THIS.BODY said:
Well i took a call yesterday from Mr Shroeders secretery offering me a date for bypass on 2nd December......OMG. I had my endoscopy on 2nd September and was told the waiting list was approx 6 month so this call came as a shock, especially as until tonight i hadnt told my husband a single thing about this. Ive made myself ill worrying about telling him, expecting the worst and generally just putting it off because there was never a good time. Tonight i bit the bullet and told him whats been going on for the past 18 months and i am blown away by his response, his words were "I will support you 100% whatever you do". That has just made what i am facing a whole lot easier. now all i have to worry about is that i gained 7lb on holiday last month and have lost 6 lb of that, will have to knuckle down this week an get a couple more of as i think i am still 1 lb heavier than my last appointment and im worried they wont go ahead if i am.[/QUOTE
I am sure you will do it Hun. You have the right support and your goal is In sight. X

whoopee, fantastic news, I cannot wait to feel how you are now xxx
ps does everyone have endoscopy and what is it ???

yes everyone has endoscopy before they are put on the waiting list. it is a camera on the end of a long tube that the surgeon inserts into your mouth and down into your stomach. He takes a look around to make sure everything is ok in there. Most people just have their throat numbed with an anasthetic spra but you can be knocked out if you are particularly anxious about it. It isnt pleasant but a necessity and only lasts a few minutes. x

Congratulations! It makes a world of difference to have the support of our nearest and dearest. We underestimate them at times, don't we?

I know that my husband is more worried than I am. I feel bad for putting him through it, but I know we will both benefit in the end, and that will be the same for you.

Good luck!

Lizzo is a big step, and you wil have doubts but for me now that it is done is a relief. Everything will be fine, just relax

I had my pre op assessment today and i have lost 7lb since my last appointment so was pleased with that. it s day 3 of the milk diet and that too seems to be going suprisingly well. Went to the Sunderland support group tonight which was really great to meet everyone and it put my mind a rest a little so thanks everyone who was there. x

I had my pre op assessment today and i have lost 7lb since my last appointment so was pleased with that. it s day 3 of the milk diet and that too seems to be going suprisingly well. Went to the Sunderland support group tonight which was really great to meet everyone and it put my mind a rest a little so thanks everyone who was there. x

Glad all is well with you, lovely ... not long now xxx :):)

Thanks Twinkle, ive done 5 days of the pre op diet and i feel like i have just switched off to food, not necessarily a good thing as i had a yogurt for breakfast today and wondered why i was feeling a bit unwell around 17:00 then realised i had not had a thing since 07:00. x:)x

Thanks Twinkle, ive done 5 days of the pre op diet and i feel like i have just switched off to food, not necessarily a good thing as i had a yogurt for breakfast today and wondered why i was feeling a bit unwell around 17:00 then realised i had not had a thing since 07:00. x:)x

Ah, well ... try harder tomorrow to space them out a bit better over the day leaving a yogurt for later on so you are not hungry at bedtime. You are doing well though, hun, at this rate your liver will be tiny .. xxx :):)

Back