• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2015 Surgeries

Hi guys. Just remember with the bypass there is a physical reason why we are sick in the early stages it may seem like it is all the time. It certainly was for me - probably six to nine months before I stopped being sick regularly. It is because we cannot get any quantity of anything down and certainly not at anything like the speed we used either. It takes a while for us to adjust to accepting what the tiny limit is - for example, we can never guzzle a drink again (I can't and I am 2.5yrs bypassed), and anything fizzy will just come straight back up unless we let it go flat - drinking from bottles and cans will not be possible, in my experience anyway. Fluids in the first weeks need to be sipped in tiny mouthful in order for them to stay down, and then foods in teaspoons (you will only manage a few). Once you feel full, the leftover food needs to be discarded as revisiting it once we have space is not what this is about!! Mine goes straight into the bin if I am at home, and if I am out then I empty the salt pot over what I have not eaten to ensure I do not continue to pick. Obviously if there is a surgical issue identified through tests which needs correcting then this will add additional problems. The limits are not rules, they are hard physical facts. Food and drink in any quantity is a thing of the past, but the consequent rewards are worth the goodbye! Come the late Spring/early Summer each and everyone of you will be considerably thinner and looking (and feeling) awesome, that it will all make sense. I am here in a supportive way, as someone who knows exactly how it feels to seemingly no longer we able to eat and therefore feel terribly weak and generally 'unwell'. And I found the transit back to solid food hugely distressing and challenging, it seemed to be without end - everything I ate I regurgitated. It was ghastly! But I got through - I can now eat everything more or less, but in tiny quantities, so job done for me. The head stuff over the 2.5years has been the biggest surprise and challenge, and I continue to learn day to day - I think that probably all the long-termers on here would agree. We have been given an amazing tool to use as we see fit - we can crave our old life-style and needlessly and foolishly (sorry, but we would be fools!) gradually get back to stuffing ourselves into an early grave blaming the WLS for not working for us (??!!) or we can jump onboard this amazing gift of a journey and see where it takes us. I can honestly say that I do not regret my decision to have 3hrs of surgery in July 13, but by heck to regret not doing it sooner. You are all doing brilliantly. Don't panic and try not to get too freaked by it - chill! Happy new year and new you, everyone xxxxxx
Thank u LGG your advice and support mean a lot and it's great to know that it's not abnormal I do not regret it one bit and as u said only regret not doing it sooner lol
I find that I have to remind myself to eat as I don't feel hunger and when I do eat I don't feel the fullness I used to feel but a feeling that it's not going to go down so I stop at this point.
Anyway happy new year and one again thanks u for the advice :) xxx

Excellent Caz. You are exactly where you need to be. I find that when I do genuinely feel hungry, knowing that I cannot eat much I get really hacked-off if it is not 'nice'. Usually it is not - which is not about the standard or quality of the food itself, but about my attitude and not needing to enjoy what I eat anymore. I think that is a positive thing ... xxxxx

Sorry been quiet but as I went to my appointment NYE they kept me in hospital with severe dehydration and possible hernia, got to have an ultrasound tomorrow

Jesus caz sorry to hear you're having such a rough time do they think they have missed the hernia at op x
They think it's from the operation itself, will find out more tomorrow, sick of being in hospital, I've spent 10 days in total so far, 5 days last week and 5 this week!!

Awh thinking of you I was under Salford royal myself fora good while with problems with my band hope they sort you ask to see prof ammori himself if your not getting anywhere fast x

They think it's from the operation itself, will find out more tomorrow, sick of being in hospital, I've spent 10 days in total so far, 5 days last week and 5 this week!!

Sorry to hear the news caz. Glad they're taking it seriously and know what's going on. I'm thinking of you. Take it one day at a time.

Awh thinking of you I was under Salford royal myself fora good while with problems with my band hope they sort you ask to see prof ammori himself if your not getting anywhere fast x

It was prof ammori that saw me in clinic NYE and he was the one that admitted me again

Waited all day yesterday for an ultrasound but no spaces so maybe today, just want to go home now xx

Hope you get your scan today Caz, can't believe how much you have suffered. Hope they get you sorted very soon so that you can start your new journey. Xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Doctors have just done their rounds and it's going to be tomorrow for my scan now as it has to be my consultant that does it and he is off today, so tomorrow at 1pm then hopefully I can go home tomorrow afternoon xx

Thanks guys, u will be glad to hear that I'm finally home :) I have to go back tomorrow for the scan as they cancelled it again today. Just glad to be at home xx

Sending huge hugs Caz

Well I had my scan today and I'm so happy to finally have some good news, the lump they found is just a blood clot and that will eventually go, had a worrying couple of weeks that made me question myself did I do the right thing but deep down I know I did do and the weight is falling off and I'm eating soup now and trying my best to drink more, thank u all for your kind words, this site has kept me going strong when I wanted to fall apart xx

Back