• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2015 Surgeries

Aww I'm so glad you're out and okay Blob, I hope you're taking it easy. You're officially on the loser's bench now!

Hi all thank you all for the well wishes. Feeling ok really, I had quite a bit of pain at first from were my port was for the band (revision surgery) but normal apparently and they quickly got any pain under control, I was up and out of bed within 2 hours of being back on the ward so that surprised me. Have to say I could quite easily go home today so all good. Having my first cup of tea in a min and I am so excited!! Ha ha

Rest well x x

I managed to surf scare stories and had a yoghurt .. Safer but not on list. I must say I am so disappointed with checks before operation. I sense that so much has the potential to go wrong because there are so many gaps in care. If I hadn't paid already upfront I would back out based on quality of care I have seen so far. I'm going to keep my mouth shut and hope things go ok on the day.
Well here's hoping that it goes well despite everything! Maybe the care will be better once you're there?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone how risky is this operation xx

The care manager has just come to see me and said that like every operation there's a risk but it's miniscule. Don't worry, my op is tomorrow morning and I keep asking myself about the risks, I'm freaking out but I'm trying to remain as rational as possible :) Let us know how you get on!

Back