• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2015 Surgeries

Great news butterfly, take it a day at a time and rest and sip. Welcome to the losers bench xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thank you, I just wish I could carry on and not have to have the surgery, but I know it will never happen on my own xx

Thank you, I just wish I could carry on and not have to have the surgery, but I know it will never happen on my own xx

I know exactly how you feel. I've lost just over a stone by myself since early November, so I keep thinking perhaps this is the time that I'll do it and keep the weight off. But deep down I know it's not that simple, I've regained and lost weight more times than I can count. Like you said we need a tool like the op, it won't happen on its own. We can do this!

I know exactly how you feel. I've lost just over a stone by myself since early November, so I keep thinking perhaps this is the time that I'll do it and keep the weight off. But deep down I know it's not that simple, I've regained and lost weight more times than I can count. Like you said we need a tool like the op, it won't happen on its own. We can do this!

Agreed - I think the real threat of cutting myself open and removing a bit keeps me moving forward. The threat of doing it and then failing I am hoping will keep me on the straight and narrow... I hope. I'm terrified that if I eat the wrong thing I will end up internally bleeding.

Agreed - I think the real threat of cutting myself open and removing a bit keeps me moving forward. The threat of doing it and then failing I am hoping will keep me on the straight and narrow... I hope. I'm terrified that if I eat the wrong thing I will end up internally bleeding.

I'm scared of failing too but we just have to go for it and try. I'm sure you won't eat the wrong thing, you sound so determined to keep on the straight and narrow. You've already taken the decision to get this operation, you won't mess it up!

How is everyone doing? I completely messed up my pre op diet the other day but I'm back on track today. I hope you're all well.

Hi everyone
Well finally made it. On morning of surgery I was 1st to go down. I was quite in control of my emotions surprisingly. (Prob helped the day before I cried alot)
When I came round after I said 'is it done already' the pain was OK at that point. As time went on my pain was more muscular. Then had to start on 30 MLS of water each hour and increase to 125 MLS in 2 days (i tried warm milk, tea, clear soup) In the beginning warm drink was more tolerated than cold. Now I'm preferring cold lol.
I got home after 2 days in hospital, had a drain in which was clear so that was good news.
It's really a challenge to make sure I get enough fluids. I feel like I never stop drinking lol. Anyway that's some of my story. Those on the pre-op think of it as a medical requirement as it's all about the liver. You have got this. Xx

Welcome back. Take it easy.

Hi everyone
Well finally made it. On morning of surgery I was 1st to go down. I was quite in control of my emotions surprisingly. (Prob helped the day before I cried alot)
When I came round after I said 'is it done already' the pain was OK at that point. As time went on my pain was more muscular. Then had to start on 30 MLS of water each hour and increase to 125 MLS in 2 days (i tried warm milk, tea, clear soup) In the beginning warm drink was more tolerated than cold. Now I'm preferring cold lol.
I got home after 2 days in hospital, had a drain in which was clear so that was good news.
It's really a challenge to make sure I get enough fluids. I feel like I never stop drinking lol. Anyway that's some of my story. Those on the pre-op think of it as a medical requirement as it's all about the liver. You have got this. Xx

What's the pain like now? I'm trying to work out if I'll be immobile or capable of studying just after. What do you think?

I would say day one and two when you get home after surgery rest In bed but remember to get up and walk Around doing your toe exercises and then you should be fit enough to study. I was off calpol within days it's just like period craps but higher up....in my view, everyone if different.

9 days and counting so excited now
I know the feeling I have 2 days left eeeekkkk excited and nervous all at the same time. It does feel though like my stomach is so empty it's touching my back bone though ha ha

Hi marz, everyone is different with the level of pain. My pain is very muscular. But big difference since Tuesday. I've been sleeping much better since leaving hospital. As always been disturbed, people snoring, obs.
I'm sure study wise you will be fine as you will your mind occupied. Xx

Hi marz, everyone is different with the level of pain. My pain is very muscular. But big difference since Tuesday. I've been sleeping much better since leaving hospital. As always been disturbed, people snoring, obs.
I'm sure study wise you will be fine as you will your mind occupied. Xx

Thanks beepbeepcat and butterfly. I'm glad. I didn't want to waste the entire holiday. :) looks like I might be more effective.

I've had meal out in midst of Pre op and survived. So chuffed because any other diet and I would have caved in. Im almost one week pre op now and I like the discipline the structured diet is giving me. One day at a time.

Hi everyone I'm on day 6 of pre op diet and so sick of milk yogurts and jelly so much that I'm not having most of what I'm allowed the thought of it is knocking me sick I'm at a point where I would rather do without than have that it's making g me have no apatite how are all of you's getting on xx

Back