• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diary of cheryls gastric band. Mon 20th october,dolan park

I had a spoonful of mashed swede in tons of gravy last night, it was lovely! Dont feel bad about eating, we still have to eat but I bet its nothing compared to what you used to eat! The weight is coming off and thats all you have to worry about!x

gina,i am one week ahead of you and same weight loss. you are defo doing something right.
today i had half a can of scotch broth for lunch
and cod in parsley sauce,with mashed turnip and potatoes. i feel stuffed but also very bloated.
in 15 days i have only went to toilet 2 times both on same day, after ducolax . i really hope like shel said , i havent a blockage. are there any other symtoms?
i finally got rid of my scales today. will only weigh myself every monday.
oh and i ahve done something silly tonight, i had a wee pick at one of my scars, the scab came off easy and it seems a wee bit oozy behind. has anyone else had this?

boy i am well and truely pissed off tonight.
cant believe that i am losing so little weight. in nearly 3 weeks post op i have only lost 7lb. that is ****in bad. i eat low fat, i exercise 20 mins a day, i reisist everything. in the past i have always lost weight much quicker than this. very disheartened now:break_diet:

Cheryl dont get down hearted and dont compare yourself with someone else because that will make you feel worse, give it time to settle in everyone is different.....((hug))...xx

try not to get too disheartened, just think ahead to when you start having your fills as i'm sure it will start to get easier then x

boy i am well and truely pissed off tonight.
cant believe that i am losing so little weight. in nearly 3 weeks post op i have only lost 7lb. that is ****in bad. i eat low fat, i exercise 20 mins a day, i reisist everything. in the past i have always lost weight much quicker than this. very disheartened now:break_diet:

Oi u, I thought you was going to hide those bloody scales!!!!!! You have absolutely great and this is without a fill. You cant go comparing with anyone cause we are all different and Im not being funny but you have got about a third of what me and Gina etc.. have to lose so your bound to lose it a little bit slower.

You will be at your goal in no time, surely if it takes that little bit longer at least you would have got a bit of value for your money!!!

Just carry on the way you are cause in 3 weeks if youve lost 7lb another 3 weeks is 14lb another 3 weeks is 21lb etc.... you are looking on getting to you goal weight by about end of Jan!!!!! That is absolutely fab!! I would love to be in your shoes.

Cheer up misses text me ;0)

Dee xx

:D i am still here!
feeling all positive. starting to notice the weight loss. so is everyone else. clothes looking better on me than before i started. some jeans too big now. makes me feel good.
it has taken me these past few weeks to realize that i will loose the weight, persaverance, self control and exercise is a neccessity for me to acheive my goal as quickly and comfortably as possible.
i have no problems with the band, if i could get the toilet issue sorted life would be honkey dorey.

well all my girlies,
i am still here. i seem to always be hungary, the weight loss is really slow, and i feel no restriction. i had my xray on wednesday, and it showed that i have no restriction, but that everything is ok.
it was a funny sureal experience. i arrived at clinic at 10am. got taken straight away and had to get into a gown. was taken into xray room. asked to stand up on the xray machine, the xray monitor was in front of me so i was able to see what dr could see. the nurse gave me a tablespoon of white powder to put to the back of my mouth and swallow it down with a lemon water stuff. the water makes the powder foam up, and you have to swallow it without burping (very hard as burp is exactly what you want to do!), then she gave me a tumbler of chalky liquid which the dr tells you to drink and swallow while he watches it go down on the monitor. i seen my band and i also seen that no liquid even paused at the band it went straight to bottom of big stomach part. he looked at band from several angles, and all was well. it all took about 15 mins. felf fine. and went straight home.
i had to ring my co ordinator to tell her that all was fine and she gave me my confirmed fill date for monday 24th...yeah....
i told her that it was willpower that was getting me thro as i had no restriction, i told her i could tolerate anything. she said that will most likely change from the fill and there will be things that i wont tolerate again.
a weird thing happened after that conversation, my sneaky mind readjusted itself into thinking that it would be ok to eat a bit more of what i like in case i wont be able to again from monday.bad mind, as i have eaten chips, nuts ,crisps, a french fancy. i still havent eaten as much as i may have normally but even so i have nibbled on lots of naughty things. bad girl. thank goodness fill is tomorrow and the money that i paid for my band will start to pay dividends!!!
i will post after fill , which is at 10am. yipes. seems real now. and a bit scary.

How exciting! Good luck for tomorrow hun!xxx

Hiya Cheryl, cant belive I have only just come across this thread!! Talk of sex toys and farting are just my cup of tea, can only think my spidey senses were not working lol!
Well done on your weight loss up to press, I could never have done the band my willpower is s**te.
Im off to get myself one of those wii boards now, they sound like fun!

wow cally,
that is some weight loss. thats amazing. good for you. you must think your brilliant.
i do!:p
i am quite nervous about tomorrow. its weird really because i should really really want this fill but i cant say i do. maybe its because i got another taste of food again for a couple of days and the thought of having to do liquids again for 3 days followed by mush for 3 is really daunting. especially when my weight loss had slowed down considerably anyway. its disheartening. although at least when i have fill i wont be able to stuff my face to cheer myself up.( which as you all know doesnt really cheer us up at all).
my head is sore and i havent got the toilet thing sorted yet, so i am bloated and feeling sluggish.:sigh:
i am going to bed shortly as i have to get up early and do my hair etc, i want to look my best for my fill. my fill is done by the nurse having to find the exact place of the port, as my xray was done last week. hope she doesnt have to poke too much. and as i pay for my fills i hope i get value for money tomorrow. :D
mixed emotions tonight so girls think of me tomorrow at 10am,lying on a bed getting poked by a big needle.
i am off to bed now, please dont think about me tonight, lying on a bed etc etc.:8855:

Hi Cheryl, good luck for your fill tomorrow. I`m having my xray and fill on Tuesday so u`ll have to fill me in on what they did etc... I`ve no restriction either hun and weight loss is very slow so I`m hoping they`ll do a good fill cos I wanna lose some weight b4 xmas. Your doing really well hun, keep it up xxx

hiya cheryl, good luck with the fill today we look forward to seeing how you got on. Did you book the band fill yourself so that it tied in just after your x ray, and have you been signed off yet from the hospital?

HI,
well thats it i have had my first fill.:D i had myself all worked up, but really i had no need to. it was quite easy.
arrived at clinic at 9.45, got taken quickly by nurse. actually i was at toilet :sick0019:upstairs by her room when she went to waiting room for me! so when i came out she was waiting on me, which foiled my plan to take paul in with me for support.:doh:
she took me in , made a couple of calls to the hospital to find out my xray results. which were ' band lying at 20 degrees, and small 9 ml band fitted'. so she was happy to start.
she lay me on bed, wiped my tummy with antiseptic wipe, said "you do this is a needle, dont you":eek: and felt for port, said "small jag now" and that was it really. she informed me that there was already 3mls in band as she syringed it out and then syringed it back in mixed with another 3.5mls. i had to sit up with needle in belly, take a big drink of water and then lie down to see if water stayed down. it did. so she removed needle, stuck a plaster on and that was it. nothing to it really. definately not painful but did have a weird feeling as she was emptying it and filling it gain.the whole process took about 15mins! i wish paul could have seen needle sticking out of my tummy, it looked gorrey and sore, he would have felt so sorry me and would have thought i was so brave. but instead i have described in detail to him but its not the same. hehe.
i have only had a cup of tea, a cup of soup, and a small glass of milk. it is quite uncomfortable when i do drink ,and i am hoping when i have mushy tomorrow it wont be as uncomfortable.but i will let you all know.
i didnt book any of my appointments myself, co ordinator did it all.
so my advice to you girls going soon, do not worrry about fill, its nothing bad. i cant believe i have just took my next step, up until today i havent really felt i had a band but now i do, its time for band to do some of the work instead of all me!! it was hard the last few days i have been bloody starving so this should help.:17729: watch this space. x:party0011:

:Dhi friends,
i went to my brothers wedding yesterday. i managed the soup,some potatoes ,veg, and gravy, then two strawberries and cream. i was killed with indigestion and wind. mum gave me some rennies which helped. but didnt feel better until much later in day.
i definately cannot have toast! its is a killer. gets that stuck feeling. so i have decided to leave that.
Dr sigurdsson nurse rang me tonight to see how i am getting on after my fill.
she advised me to take a wind tablet 30 mins before i eat. chew more, and eat slower.she said i shouldnt need a fill for a while, but for me ring if i need her.
i had some noodles and curry sauce, and have been drinking milk. so am feeling much more satisfied tonight.
my weight has been coming off again, great news.
i have posted some pictures of me at wedding.in my purple dress. thought i was great.
this band is great but it is true, you have to work with it!
i am really hoping to have 6lbs off by christmas.
unfortunately my auntie who was walking with me in morning( sometimes) has decided that now wedding is over she cant be bothered anymore. and i am a lazy cow, when it comes to exercise, so i probably wont go on my own.

Back