• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diary of cheryls gastric band. Mon 20th october,dolan park

if you ever have any questions i will be happy to assist..
i also used to loose weight very quickly (starvation in a way)
and found it hard to get my head around this procedure

sorry about that little rant. the affair floored me. especially when he left to live with this little young girl who promised him the earth and promised him a stressless life. he was going through midlife crisis and believed her.

i have got another man who worships the ground i walk on,it feels wonderful. he has been with me as i have got bigger and bigger aned he really doesnt care. but i do. i want to be slim for me, i am doing this for me, for my future. for my health.

thats great news!! i am only doing it for me also i hate being overweight and i have allways been able to loose the added weight after pregnancy but this time i discovered i had high bloodpressure and was diabetic. i made my choice then to have the band for my health

husband left almost 3 years ago. 1 month after an ectopic pregnancy where i nearly lost my life, but didnt ( obviously) however i did loose my last fallopian tube! (as i had a previous ectopic and lost 1st tube then). two months after leaving his new girlfriend was pregnant. so it has been hard.

but **** it. my new man is 10 years younger than me. we have been together 2 years now.he has never ever critizised me, my parents adore him and so do my children. i never ever wanted my children to come from a broken home, but i am proud to say that he didnt break me and my children are happy.

thanks for reminding me i want to watch that too. what channel?

Cheryl just remember when u don't eat much its a shock to the system and your body will try and hold on to the stores it already has hence why weightloss isn't always as quick or as constant as we want. Also yes it took me ages to go to the loo. I took Dulcolax....one tablet and i was very relieved ! if u want an instant fix for the constipation i took that and yes it was painful ( but only a bit mind! not cus of the op tho ! ) u can get it in boots. Was really gentle on the stomach and didn't give me any griping pains . Well done on your success so far especially after the trauma of your Ex Husband. I married one of those and now i'm happily divorced and with a great guy nearly 2 years coming up too. Happy days and look forward now to a slimmer healthier u ....cus once the after effect of the op go.....thats what u'll be !!! Yipeeeee xxx

olivia,thanks for the kind things you have pointed out. i cant believe i spilled my guts last night about my past relationship. ah well, must have needed to get it all out to someone.
i bought senokot liquid today, took some of it, also glycerin suppositories..stuck one of them in, also benefibre sachet in my tea. still nothing. but my tummy is now really sore. so maybe soon. if not i will try a ducolax tomorrow.
my g p rang about 15 minutes ago about the urine sample i was asked to leave in because i thought i had cystitis....well i dont, i have
a full blown infection so paul gone to get me my antibiotic.
i also rang the hospital today because this pain is getting worse in my side, they said it is probably inflammation of the stitches inside being pulled ut that i may need to see g p inn case of infection. so i suppose this antibiotis should do both. happy days, two for the price of one.
that reminds me when i had my and in dr sig found that i had a hernia so he repaired it.
oh another thing....... when i came round from my anesthetic my top lip was slightly swollen on right hand side, i presummed that i had bit it while drugged..however it is still quite numb, i am hoping that this will rectify itself.
i am a bloody moan tonight.
i think i just am feeling a bit down because of the infection.
i will be as bright as a button once antibiotic kicks in. cant wait. i hope the girls who were having op's done today are ok.
arent our new men a breath of fresh air. and little wonder we couldnt wait long after op for some of their special lovin...

Aw your welcome. ok First things first....my mouth was swollen too in fact for about 2 weeks my lip felt so weird in the left corner like it had no feeling in it. I forgot about to be honest and when i spoke to my surgeon he explained that the instrument used to hold the throat open is stainless steel and in the Hour and a bit i was under maybe he'd pushed it rather tight ....BIG GOB I HAVE !! HA HA. of course if u were awake u'd have shouted oi oi that hurts but knocked out they just do what is needed and he apoligised and said its perfectly normal and will rectify itself . which it did and now my lips feels back to normal. The only problem with Senokot and Benfibre is that u need a build up in your system to remove a serious blockage. Ducolax works like putting a firework up there ha ha ...get my drift ! So see how u get for the next 24hrs, drink as much water as possible and if not tomorrow night take one before bed and in the morning.....u should get relief . take 2 if need be . remeber with constipation at the top of your bowl ( near your anus) will be like a dried cork and once the pressure builds up that should move HOWEVER in some cases it is needed a slight movement and i hate to be graphic but a very lubricated finger may help move that blockage otherwise u may need to seek medical help for that mate and give u an enema. See how u get on first but as its about 10 days now u may need some extra help. Don't be shy, tell your GP or clinic and see what they advise. Yes seek advice about the pain, if its an infection in your stitches the antibiotics u'll be tking for the Water Infection will help that but best get them checked. With what u have had done everything is best worth checking, your health is more important than worrying !! If u can sip some cranberry juice and take a pain killer do what u can to relive the symptoms. Your doing so well, everything u feel seems normal and of course if u had a hernia repair your poor tummy has really been thru the mill eh , just rest, drink fluids, take your painkillers and get as much rest as u can . here if u need me x x x

the hospital said that the pulling sensation is the stitches inside thro the muscle keeping band in place. its my body saying slow down a bit. she said the pulling on the stitches can cause them to become inflamed and sometimes inflamation can lead to infection. she said if the pains gets worse or i get a temp and feel poorly, i will need an antibiotic.
i have a funny feeling that the antibiotic i have been given for my urine infection may do the trick. i am going to take it easy and if tomorrow doesnt see an improvement i will go to g p on wednesday. the glycerin suppossitory moved nothing ,it just melted and got blown out with wind! i didnt think we were able to swallow ducolax. but i do have some in my bathroom. i would love to take one tonight.
oh and guess what paul came back with my antibiotic.. they are tablets. i had to mush it up. it was stinking. how may weeks post op are you?

The dulcolax i have is a tiny tiny tablet so was so easy to swallow and yeah was told by people ...mmm its strong stuff !! But when u are desperate for a Cr*p i'd have swallowed a Nuclear Bomb ha ha ! I was fine so its up to u. Yeah you'll have to crush the antib's up. I used to crush them up and stick in onto a spoon of vanilla icecream, went down so easy and the taste was slightly disguised. I had my op on 7th of July so about 15 weeks now feel so well and happy. You'll be the same i promise u xxx

hi emma,
today i am not feelin so great. its this blasted pain in my left hand side, it takes the breath from me.
plus the fact that i havent been to the toilet for so long.
to date i have taken syrup of figs,senokot,ducolax,benefibre,glycerin suppositories and nothing has worked. however my stomach now feels like a washing machine so maybe something will move! fingers crossed

Back