• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diary of cheryls gastric band. Mon 20th october,dolan park

Cheryl if nothing happens today please go to your GP tomorrow. 12 days is too long to go without going! You're risking getting compacted and blocked.

shell...... ... good news. i went!!!!!
never been so happy about a trip to the toilet before.
and never have i told so many people about it!!
i just love this forum and all my new friends. you are all brilliant. i really mean it. thank you all for the support, understanding,advice and general just taking time to read all my moans.
i am going to g p tomorrow anyway to talk about my urine infection, get flu jab, and will tell her about the pain in my side (which incidentially doesnt seem as bad).
confession; i still havent got rid of scales, and i have only lost 1 lb since the frigging surgery. i know, i know, i can hear you all now. i know what ur going to say. but its so hard not to weigh myself and i cant believe that after another week of starvation (practically) i have lost only 1lb.( and that was even after i went to toilet! )
i am a really happy bander though despite my moans.
i have 3 significant dates coming up that i want weight off for
1. my hairdresser apt. i told them i was starting a diet and she challenged me to loose a stone before next apt.i really want them to notice so will need some more off by 18th nov.
2.my brothers wedding , i have bought a dress too small for it! and i am doing a reading so all eyes on cheryl...yipes
3.nov 24th , i see my patient co ordinator for my 1st fill and i want to show off in waiting room.
i never got rid of my small jeans, so when i am back in them i will have reached my goal.
i wonder how dee and cowgirl are! hope they are ok.

Yay great news Cheryl. I should not be so excited about a bowel movement lol. Now keep on the benefibre every day so it doesn't happen again.

Try not to expect too much in the early days. Remember, that once the swelling goes down until your first fill you will have practically no restriction and so it's only willpower that will get you through it. If you struggled to lose weight with willpowere alone before then there is no guarantee you'll be able to this time. The band isn't an instant aid, it doesn't start working until you start having fills x

hi shell, i have actually go brilliant will power.
my daily intake;
1 cup milky ovaline breakfast
1 cup of soup lunch
i bowl of soup dinner
water,cups of tea. thats it.
i just read that unless i exercise my body will use up my muscle first but if i exercise i will burn fat first.
when is it ok to do exercise?

:happy036::happy036: guess what i went to toilet again. it feels wonderful. i have taken so much laxitives tho that i best not blow off. dont want to shart!:sign0137:

i am hoping to loose the weight as quick as you have. by that going i could have it all off by january. by the wat how do you put a pic in under my name.(where you have your wee superman)

See you worked it out ;) nice piccy.

Am going to talk bowel movements now, so if squeamish, veer away!

You should be passing mostly solid stuff at first, to clear the back log. If you are passing just watery diarroeah then keep an eye on it, as if you have a blockage from the constipation you can get an overflow effect where just liquids get past the blockage. Too many years working in nursing homes!

Hi everyone again
i am still here. I have lost 21lb but dont look it or feel like it.the oly place that is noticeable is my face,it looks haggered. Actually maybe it always did! Lol
i had really runny readybrek this morning for breakfast but now feel sick and like i have indigestion.i so look forward to some vegtables on monday. I think i will have a cod in parsley sauce or salmon and asparagus.yummy.does any experienced banders have any ideas?
I have this wedding nov 29th and i have bought another dress because i dont think i will get into the one i bought for it.that deflated me when i tried it on. I think because it is such hard work i was expecting miracles. I am an idiot the weight took 2 years to put on and i expect it to come off in a matter of weeks. Wise up cheryl. I think it is worse at weekends because that when i am used to snacking, indians,kebabs etc. I look foward to Normal diet when i can eat things like that but just little portions. I must seem like a moaney cow but really i am not. This is the only place i can moan, as my family would just say 'i told u not to have it done'. And they did. I am loving it, this little secret that have inside me. Its my key to success in this lifelong problem i have with weight

hi cheryl
i have all those comments i well you shouldnt have had this done then..
i love cottage pie i cook it everyweek and its my saviour it stays down as its mince meat doesnt give me indigestion and its lovely and tasty.
i cook it with fresh lean steak mince and that seems the best one to do it with.
never thought i would be talking about cooking as before the op i HATED it but now i love it and cook all the time lol..
emma

Hiya Em
how did your last band fill go, the one you were due to have on the 20th? are you still on that fill? or have you had another one? how's the weight doing? Do you go to the gym? Have you booked another fill? I am still on the one that I had done at Edgbaston on September 29th and am 5 pounds away from a 3stone loss. I am in that horrible plateau phase at the last couple of days, but the weight is NOT going up, it has leveled. I have decided to give it till Thursday of next week and if I am still stuck, then I probably need to book another fill. When i get a bit of a plateau I tend to follow the milk diet for every other day, and see if that helps to swing things a bit. I am still eating smaller amounts and tend to get that stuck feeling if i eat something too fast or don't chew something enough. I hope you are doing well, let us know how things are with you. ;)

MyNewLife

emma,i think i will make a nice shepards pie on monday.that will be my first day of the soft food phase.what about veg? do they have to be pureed or can they be soft? did u wait exactly 2weeks or did u try the day before.i am ok now but about 5 o clock i was so tempted to try something,but resisted.i am so nervous about putting weight on when i start to eat again. did u put any on?

mnl i didnt have a fill as i was very sick and couldnt keep water down so my next fill is on the 17th nov.. i have lost 21pounds
i have a power plate which i had been using every other day but think that made me sick due to shaking lol
takecare emma

hi cheryl
i stuck to the dates as i was too scared not too. i had mashed veg and that was fine. i put on 2lbs one week but then lost it the following week thank god.. mine is very slow but its staying off
emma

emma,
for lunch i had cod in parsley sauce, mash potatoes,and mashed carrots and parsnips,and mashed peas.it all went down no problem.dont even feel like i have a band! that was about 2pm. but guess what i just did my 18 year old son just arrived home with a kebab on chips covered in kebab sauce, and i ate about 8 soggy chips covered in sauce. so far no problem except the guilt!!! omg i feel like a heifer.i am definately getting rid of my scales to morrow. i will weigh myself every monday from now on.i have been doing wii fit,step aerobics. i am doing my head in. think about band all the time. i need to get out more! lol

i am so happy. 3 kids in bed.2 in family room watching tv (not fighting each other) and my eldest just came up to tell me he lovesme alot. :grouphugg:paul is ironing uniforms, i am going down to make pack lunches.
and i have my nightie on. life is good! oh and did i mention i have a gastric band !:happy036:

Hi Cheryl, glad I read this thread as its put my mind at ease about the toilet situation. I had my band on Tues ( 5 days ) and I haven`t been since the day before so now from reading your thread I am aware that duclolax is allowed so I`ll head upstairs in a mo and have some. Glad your feeling good now after your op. Thanks again x

hi, its so good this site. it allows us to pick up from others about all sorts of problems, and how they solved them. i am still having problems with going to loo, but to be honest i always have. i am taking that bebefibre everyday,but still not much luck unless i get some help from ducolax. as i start eating today iam hoping that i will have more regularity. how are you apart from the toilet situation?
hows your head, is it as filled as mine with thoughts about the band.
i cant believe i had it done. even tho i still have weight to loose my mood has lifted and changed for the better. i dont feel depressed about my weight anymore because i know that something is happening.i am going to treat myself every stone i loose.we are going to do something special.and i managed to keep it a secret from everyone.

i just read someones food diary, what a good idea. let me see what ur able to eat and still ave weight loss. what am i like. paul cant believe how much i want to talk about it. must bore him. at least i have all you ladies to talk too, as we are all doing same things. X

Back