• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Disappointed in myself

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
I am sat here in tears after eating over half of a chicken breast, i was so hungry and it was left spare from OH's tea and I ate it, im on my 4th day of the pre op diet

I really didnt want to cheat im so annoyed with myself, will this cause the liver to be fatty?? im so scared ive ruined my chance, its 10 days to my op

Thanks
PD x

hun, youve got plenty of time before your op. don't be upset. chicken is low fat anyway. as others on here have said they had chinese night before the op and they were fine, just don't do it again ! xxx

Don't worry - unless it was a KFC!! You may find you want to eat other stuff, and that is the danger. But a grilled, steamed or microwaved chicken breast does not contain fat - or it has minimal fat - so I am sure just that won't harm you.

Lordy! There's a lot worse you can do than a chicken breast! It's what you do the majority of time that matters. Cheer up chuck xxx No harm done I'm sure xxxx

Forgive yourself and get on with the rest of the diet. Good luck with your operation, a speedy healthy recovery is wished to you xxx

I was the same- had my op on 25/07/09 and managed to stick to pre op diet for most of week- but I cheated , and had alcohol and was also worried that I might get there and they couldn't do the op- but there was no problem AT ALL. Don't worry. Good luck for your op
xx

Thanks guys, just worried i had blown it, i guess if a chicken breast stops me having an all out pig out then its worth it as a safety net, thanks guys ur all gr8 x

Thanks guys, just worried i had blown it, i guess if a chicken breast stops me having an all out pig out then its worth it as a safety net, thanks guys ur all gr8 x

I think you are right, chicken obviously is full of protein and as you say, it stopped you from bingeing. As others have said lovely, it's in the past - move on and take it each day as it comes. x:hug99:

Thanks jenni,means a lot x

You will be fine. As the others have said at least chicken is low fat, it wasn't a whole chicken breast and tomorrow you will be focused again. Good luck for the rest of your pre-op.

Just put it down to a little blip, it wont do any harm at all;).Just stick to the diet from now on, and you'll be fine hun:D

please dont worry it was a tiny slip in the grand scale of things and you know you wont do it again. i did pre op 4 10 days as i had a weding to go to and ate a small amount at the reception.
you will be fine and good luck with the rest of your journey.xxx

I only had 10 days between my consultation & my Op so i'm sure you'll be fine!!

Last edited:
What I'm going to say is n't ideal and really should n't happen but 3 weeks before my surgery my baby boy became very ill and it was touch and go for a while so I was spending so long at the hospital and I did n't even know if I was going to be going through with the surgery. I was meant to do my preop diet for 2 weeks prior to my op but due to my baby boys illness I only did it for 3 days :eek: and when I did have my surgery my surgeon said I had a fab liver that was well and truely shrunken :S Maybe I was just really lucky but I'm just trying to show you that you don't need to be worried over half a chicken breast. Don't beat yourself up, you have plenty of time left to carry on with the diet.

Best of luck

Alia xxx

Im so relieved to hear all ur storys, so kind of u all to take the time to re assure me.

Thankyou!
Verity x

Just wanted to add...It's chicken anyway and that is protein and surely it won't hurt.

Don't beat yourself up about this...You are going to do fine...You really will.

(((hugs)))

whats done is done, it cant be changed now, move on dont do it again and you should be ok xxx

Back