• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Divorce!

dinkydink

Unexpected side effect!

So I had my band on Wednesday and now if you squeeze my left shoulder I burp! My husband thinks I've turned into a frog!!!! Just thought I'd share as its making me giggle :)

Lol. It will pass though :) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Human whoopy cushion lol xx

Hilarious !!!

Is it normal to want a divorce ten days post band!? My emotions are all over the place. One minute I'm top of the world, the next I'm arguing with my husband. I don't know which way is up at the moment :(

Poor you. Just after any kind of op or life changing event is a very emotional time and not a good time to be making big decisions. Hang on in there for a few weeks yet and you'll then be in a much better place to make decisions.
xx

Just sit tight for a bit. You have just experienced a life changing event by having your surgery. This can be mentally and physically draining. It's early days yet and it's perfectly normal for you to feel the way you do. You need to give yourself time to adjust to your new life.

Just remember your hubby loves you and is probably terribly worried about you. It can't have been a nice experience for him, having to watch the person he loves go through what you have. He's there to help you. Hope your feeling better soon xx

It foes seem normal. It is a huge change, and a little hard to get used to. I think our husbands also feel the same, because they may be worried about us leaving after we look fab.

Your hormones and feelings are all over the place. Heh, at least you are only wanting to divorce him at the moment, not all the time!!! It will get better, just hang on in there x

Thanks for your replies! It's nice to know I'm not alone. I don't want to divorce home today, but he is at work so that may change later!!!

I've not been there yet but just imagine the feelings you go through post op. One thing to remember even the anaesthetic has a big impact on your emotions. When I woke up after having my arm set a few years ago I cried for days, the doctor told me lots of people gets post anaesthetic blues, then of course add on the major life change and the fact it's such a build up before the surgery...it's no wonder some people feel this way for a while post op. Give your self a break and let your husband know this is temporary whilst you adjust. Hopefully you will be feeling more your self soon x

I wanted to throttle my boyfriend all this week! (had my op on Monday!) it's defo normal, last night I was so angry I wanted to cry. We sorted it this morning though and I like him again this afternoon lol x

Back