• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

does my mutt need wls ? LOL

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
MY pet dalmation Rocky is very food obsessed hes very focused when food is around........ is it just a greedy thing or are animals just like us humans if allowed to get away with it ?

:eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 86
Yeah Liz,Rocky is stocky!dalmations are notorious for being greedy *******.One meal a day or two small ones and no treats.Watch the kids slipping him toast too!lol Maz x

I think all dogs will eat until the cows come home if allowed.

My two border terriers are getting really bad when my little grand daughter is around waiting for food to drop, plus they've started begging....mind you they've worked out there is always food left on my plate

I agree. Josie my little Welsh Terrier is getting so fat these days. She is SO obedient when you have food around, she will give her paw, sit, lie down and roll over for a treat any time of day. If no food around then forget it :D:D:D

She has also started waiting beside me when I am eating as she knows that I will leave half my food and she usually gets it :rolleyes:

With six mad mutts the best advice i can give is check the protine content on the food, we feed Wagg and they get 2 meals a day and with labradors who are prone to weight gain they are all trim. They get 2 treats a week and any veggies left over, dogs are easy to slim down as its in our hands what they eat but check the food !!!!!!!
The best way to judge if a dog is over weight is to look at the base of their tail, if its storing fat there they are over weight.

I agree. Josie my little Welsh Terrier is getting so fat these days. She is SO obedient when you have food around, she will give her paw, sit, lie down and roll over for a treat any time of day.

:D LOL me too haha :8855:
If no food around then forget it :D:D:D

She has also started waiting beside me when I am eating as she knows that I will leave half my food and she usually gets it :rolleyes:

Rocky's fav past time is watching people eat his bed is in the dining area and we say in the viewing area meaning his bed, he now knows what that is and goes and sits there to watch its sooo funny lol :D

The best way to judge if a dog is over weight is to look at the base of their tail, if its storing fat there they are over weight.

:sigh: his base of the tail is fat lol, we have had him 3 months now and his weight is coming down his bum is like a big spotty balloon hehe even tho its getting smaller :eek:

Attachments

• rocky 031.jpg
    rocky 031.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Yeah Liz,Rocky is stocky!dalmations are notorious for being greedy *******.One meal a day or two small ones and no treats.Watch the kids slipping him toast too!lol Maz x

:eek: he gets sneaky treats lol .....ive got to constantly tell my son to stop doing it lol.... but could you resist these eyes looking at you ? awww bless hehe :chores016:

Attachments

• rocky 038.jpg
    rocky 038.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 60
Lucky Rocky finding you, he's certainly knows how to pull at your heart strings with that hang dog expression:)

Awww bless him!! i have had some dogs brought to me so under weight they almost did not make it but i know its a fight to get there weight down but he will get there :)

Awww bless him!! i have had some dogs brought to me so under weight they almost did not make it but i know its a fight to get there weight down but he will get there :)

do you run a dog shelter ?

This was the last little girl we rescued in a VERY bad state she could not move her ears, or open her mouth much due o her coat being matted like felt :(
2nd pic is after i clipped her face out it was like finding a little treasure and we kept her as we love her so much :)

IMGP0959.jpg

IMGP0963.jpg

do you run a dog shelter ?
No i used to be a foster mum but never wanted to let them go LOL but by word of mouth i get some brought to me but i don't advertise it.

This was the last little girl we rescued in a VERY bad state she could not move her ears, or open her mouth much due o her coat being matted like felt :(
2nd pic is after i clipped her face out it was like finding a little treasure and we kept her as we love her so much :)

IMGP0959.jpg

IMGP0963.jpg

bless her shes absolutley beautiful x

Hi Liz

Rocky is so cute! I love dalmations, my friend has one and he is as mad as a box of frogs ;)

I have 2 basset hounds and a westie, all 3 are on the slim side because they only get the one meal a day. They would no doubt eat more but they really dont need it.

We feed them Wagg as recommended by our vet as the bassets have sensitive tums. One of them in particular is greedy and finishes his dinner in seconds, then hovers round the others hoping for left overs! He also likes to sit under my daughters chair at mealtimes incase there is some spillage. The other basset is a rescue dog and he had no table manners when we got him! we had more than a few face in the dinner instances at first :eek:

They get the occasional treat when they do something I want as they are notoriously stubborn! they even turn their back on you if they dont want to do what you ask lol

They usually get some leftover veg on a Sunday as an extra treat too :D

Hi Liz

Rocky is so cute! I love dalmations, my friend has one and he is as mad as a box of frogs ;)

I have 2 basset hounds and a westie, all 3 are on the slim side because they only get the one meal a day. They would no doubt eat more but they really dont need it.

We feed them Wagg as recommended by our vet as the bassets have sensitive tums. One of them in particular is greedy and finishes his dinner in seconds, then hovers round the others hoping for left overs! He also likes to sit under my daughters chair at mealtimes incase there is some spillage. The other basset is a rescue dog and he had no table manners when we got him! we had more than a few face in the dinner instances at first :eek:

They get the occasional treat when they do something I want as they are notoriously stubborn! they even turn their back on you if they dont want to do what you ask lol

they sound adorable Maz, plz post some pics of them id love to see them :)

They usually get some leftover veg on a Sunday as an extra treat too :D

;) Rocky did indulge in a sunday lunch yesterday too hehe :D

There is a picture of Ozzy the rescue one in my album here. And a whole album on my facebook. Ozzy has his own page with over 1,800 fur friends lol x

Baxter is totally food obsessed but fortunately he's on three long walks per day. I now use his dried food as training treats when we're out and then give him less in his bowl to compensate. But he has had a lot of my leftovers since my op. It's just so hard to say no to him. I give him chews now which will last him days and keep him occupied and that generally stops him from begging for food in the evening.

IMG021.jpg

There is a picture of Ozzy the rescue one in my album here. And a whole album on my facebook. Ozzy has his own page with over 1,800 fur friends lol x

ive sent ozzy a friends req lol ;) x

Back