• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dolan Park 13th September Banded

Dimples70

I'm going to use this thread as my diary:

I had my pre op with Mr Sigurdson on the 1st September Monday at which mooing I was 15 stones. He seemed a lovely man straight to the point. I asked him loads of questions like you do !

I'm not sure if it was because BMII was 33 that he didn't seem to bother about the pre- op diet - in fact he told me to enjoy the weekend and start eating healthily on the Monday - I asked if the Slimfat Diet was OK - and he said it was - in fact he said you've told me you've tried every diet just pick one and do it for the next 10 days

Being a good girl I did what he said - I enjoyed myself and started my diet that morning - by this time au was 15 3.8 !!! Whoops ! ?

Pre-op Diet:

8am - slimfast whilst driving to work
9am - 500mls water
11am - yoghurt
1pm - Slimfast
5pm - Oxi
7pm - yoghurt
9pm - milky Ciffee

After 10 days my weight went from 15 3.8 to 14 7.4 loss of 10.4 lbs !!!! :)

I've packed my bags remembering to take:

Cotton Pants
Dressing Gown
PJs - should be day case - but just in case !
Toiletries
Dry mouth spray from boots - £2.55
Underwear
IPAD & charger - apparent they have wireless

Got to check in for 7am and at this point I'm second on the list ! - Gone to get ready - wish me luck xxxx

See you on the losers side shortly Dimples. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Good luck hunny I'm there 2 weeks today x x

As I am now official knicker lady on her pls remember they must be 100 percent cotton or ur get paper ones arghhhhhh lol good luck,

Move over peeps ! - I'm bringing my jelly butt on the "Banded Bench"

(I thought I'd list my series of events so that about to banded people have an idea of what to expect)!!

I arrived at 7am there was about 10 people in reception waiting to be admitted
Found out I could have eaten up until midnight but had stopped at around 7pm the night before !!! DOH !!
I was in room 21
Although I had bought own knickers they just assumed I'd use theirs !!! Which was probably a good thing because they was covered in iodine when a changed later
Had shower Changed into my operating gown and support stockings - Very sexy !!!
They supplied little bottles of shower gel and shampoo and towel - but I used my own
Had to give a urine sample
Nurse went through my admission notes and weighed me
Anesthetiser came and went through their checklist
I then had to put on slipper and dressing gown and walked down to theatre 2mins walk
All the staff in the theatre greeted me as walked in which I thought was lovely

(Back in the room)

Hey bought me back in my bed so I didn't have to transfer
They left me with a jug of water - (If you're on your own try and remember to leave your dry mouth bottle on the table before you go down) the reason I say this I couldn't handle the water for the first 30 mins and the spray was brilliant
They checked my BP ,Oxygen levels hourly for about 3 hours
They then offered me either chicken soup or a smoothie - I had soup and it was lovely

(surgeon then came to see me)

He said liver had shrunk fine
He had to fix 2 hernias ! 1 was a hiatus hernia and the other was to the side which required a couple of stitches. !!
Other than that he said everything went fine
Now just waiting to be discharged

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE - YOU'VE BEEN BRILLIANT xxxxx

Thanks guys - Apparently they give you pain meds at the time of operation which was 9-30 and Im just about to take some more - I can't remember who t was hat said to take them whether you need ten on the first day so you get a good nights sleep -I thought that was a brilliant idea - they gave me liquid paracetamol supposedly strawberry flavour STRAWBERRY MY ARSE. Lol

Love you guys x

FIRST MORNING AFTER OPERATION

For up at 3am this morning - I realised I had been sleeping on my stomach and I felt sure so U took some of the liquid paracetamol and went straight back to bed

Woke back up at 7 still a little sore and my mouth feels horrible but other than that I'm not to bad - the shoulder pain doesn't feel as bad ! I only had soup and a bit of an ice lolly yesterday and weighed myself I had put on 2lbs !!! But like my hubby said the next week is about healing and as long as I stick to my sheet I should be ok xxx

I'm stomach still feels sore but I'm not sure if the pain I'm feeling is from the BAND or my HERNIA OPERATIONS - still trying to finish my first 500 ml water - hubby just made me a cup of soup as I'm feeling hungry now - so here goes

Yayyyy your on the losers bench. Hope you have a speedy recovery xx

Struggling to get comfortable at night

Doesn't matter which way I lay it feels as though I'm putting pressure in my stitched - dies anyone have any tips ?

Hi dinky - the bottle of liquid paracetamol only allowed 4 doses which I've now used up - I've just woke my husband up to see if he can go and get some - the problem. I have is be side he repaired the hernias at the same tone I feel like my stitches are going to burst

I found if I used more pilllows I was better at first think I had 4 or 5 and one under my legs. I slept on my back which wasn't comfortable but only way I managed. And I padded myself with pillows x

Wobbly71 said:
I found if I used more pilllows I was better at first think I had 4 or 5 and one under my legs. I slept on my back which wasn't comfortable but only way I managed. And I padded myself with pillows x

Thanks guys gonna getting husband to getting ones out of the spare room x see how I get on x

Back