• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dolan Park 13th September Banded

The pulling feeling your getting will last a few days it's just because your healing if pain get to much try the para/co dissolvable ones they really help , hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks Snacks - My husband has bought me some so Im about to take some and go and have a lie down. - thanks for your advice hun x

I'm Day 4 post op after having it done on the 11th September at Dolan Park. Finding the pulling/tugging sensation a little painful but managed to get up out of bed this morning by myself and even had a shower. One of the dressings on my right side has come off but the wound is healed but there is another one that looks a bit "open". I've steri-stripped it because the bit of glue that's on it doesn't seem to be sticking.

I'm glad your feeling stronger each day- overbooked a week off work - hope its long enough ! They had to repair 2 hernias whilst they did the band . Have you received your dietician appointment yet ?

Dimples70 said:
Thanks guys gonna getting husband to getting ones out of the spare room x see how I get on x

I'm now 4 days post op - the nights are definitely the worse - I took your advice with the pillows - hubby said I looked hilarious - but I had a much better night xxx - thank you x

Co codamol, 500/7 paracetamol and codeine will give you some relief. Paracetamol isn't enough on its own. Don't take for longer than 4 days as codeine can be addictive but it will help you sleep in comfort. Goodluck!!!! :)

THE REALITY OF THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF BEING BANDED.

I think because there have been so many amazing stories of weightloss - so much info re pre-op and post op diets and also what to take to hospital etc - I had forgotten to ask about pain management especially in the early days.

My first few nights have been uncomfortable and broken sleep - thankfully you guys have been amazing re how to manage it I.e pillows - dissolvable pain killers etc and it has definitely worked.

SUMMARY - you have to expect some pain in the early days so be prepared because there are things you can do BEFORE - ie increase of protein to help muscle repair AFTER - Take pain killers as soon as you can and keep taking them regardless of you're in pain or not for the first 2 days so that you can get a good couple of nights sleep

I think if I had done the above I wouldn't of had the doubts I did the first couple of days because of not getting a good nights sleep. This morning, after topping up with pain killers last night - I feel soooo much better DBS excited about the future x

Weight loss summary:

1 September - Consultation Weight - 15 stones - told to enjoy weekend
3 September - Pre op Weight - 15 3.8. (Gain 3.8lbs enjoying the weekend) !!!!!

Did slim fast diet -

10 September 14 stones 10 lbs - LOSS 7.8 lbs
17 September 14 stones 4.4 lbs - LOSS 5.6 lbs

Completed first week post op

I cannot believe that a week has gone by already! - the first few days was about pain management -the next couple of days were a lot better as I feel I'm getting my mojo back although I have to say I'm so tired of milk, yoghurt, smoothies and soup ! That's all Ive been having since the 3rd Sept ???

POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:???

I'm half way through my post op diet that's only :
: 7 Small tins of soup
: 14 Slimfasts
:7 Smoothies
: 1750 mls of milk
: 7 Yoghurts

Including pre-op I've lost just over a stone - (In 16 days)???

MY FOCUS FOR THIS WEEK IS TRYING TO INCREASE MY PROTEIN

According to Internet a women needs 0.8 your weight in KGS in protein - which means I need at least 72 and my existing diet is no where near this.

My husband who use to do a lot of body building before I bought him over to the dark side of over eating and lasting about ! Has bought be a gigantic tub of Whey Protein Powder - 1 scoop = approx 20g of protein -

I'm going to try mixing a scoop into my slimfast drinks so that's 40g plus the 2 x 15g already in the slimfast - in total that's 70g

THOUGHT - I wonder what strawberry powder mixed with chocolate is going to taste like ???

Way to go dimples ... Loving the positivity and focus. You will do great !! :)

Dimples70 said:
Completed first week post op

I cannot believe that a week has gone by already! - the first few days was about pain management -the next couple of days were a lot better as I feel I'm getting my mojo back although I have to say I'm so tired of milk, yoghurt, smoothies and soup ! That's all Ive been having since the 3rd Sept ???

POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY:???

I'm half way through my post op diet that's only :
: 7 Small tins of soup
: 14 Slimfasts
:7 Smoothies
: 1750 mls of milk
: 7 Yoghurts

Including pre-op I've lost just over a stone - (In 16 days)???

MY FOCUS FOR THIS WEEK IS TRYING TO INCREASE MY PROTEIN

According to Internet a women needs 0.8 your weight in KGS in protein - which means I need at least 72 and my existing diet is no where near this.

My husband who use to do a lot of body building before I bought him over to the dark side of over eating and lasting about ! Has bought be a gigantic tub of Whey Protein Powder - 1 scoop = approx 20g of protein -

I'm going to try mixing a scoop into my slimfast drinks so that's 40g plus the 2 x 15g already in the slimfast - in total that's 70g

THOUGHT - I wonder what strawberry powder mixed with chocolate is going to taste like ???

Wow you're well focused, good on you! My latest fad is I've bought some protein water to drink....40g in 1 bottle! Mental :)
(just in case you need any extra lol). I tried the powders but couldn't get on with them whereas the ready made weider body shaper chocolate in a tin is to die for if you have a sweet tooth like me :) like having liquidisers cadburys chocolate (well...almost) :D

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Mmmmmm me too :D

Well done on your 1 week post op! Very positive post! Can feel the vibes lol can't wait for mine although I'll have to stop eating like its the last supper! Xx

JO28172 said:
Wow you're well focused, good on you! My latest fad is I've bought some protein water to drink....40g in 1 bottle! Mental :)
(just in case you need any extra lol). I tried the powders but couldn't get on with them whereas the ready made weider body shaper chocolate in a tin is to die for if you have a sweet tooth like me :) like having liquidisers cadburys chocolate (well...almost) :D

Hi Jo what's the name of that water ?

Here you go!

Got it from my protein website, mixed berry flavour, as following research consensus was this was the best.....it's sweet, some dilute it further but I'm managing....just keep having a few swigs versus trying to drink it all off in one go....like a strong robinsons summer fruit drink :) but 40g is a winner!

Attachments

• image-2167550173.jpg
    image-2167550173.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 84
Back