• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Election day concerns

I have pretty strong political opinions especially regarding the NHS. I will try to be good and not share too much but does anyone else worry about what the results of the next election might mean for WLS? I know the conservative are planning even more cuts for the NHS.

I MUST NOT FORGET TO VOTE

Last edited:

FeeBee

I hope you remembered to vote :)
I'd be dead a couple times over without the NHS and it is already so stretched they nearly missed one of those deadly things. I rely on it to keep me going in just about every way you can imagine, I'm married to a man also living with a chronic health condition who is just starting regular monitoring for signs of cancer as part of that and a child living with an inherited condition so I'm very worried about it facing more and more cuts in every department. There was a programme a few months ago about WLS and the surgeon was very passionate about how it's not a vanity procedure it's life saving, helps directly treat as well as prevent multiple conditions like diabetes and it was great to see someone stand up for us. I fear so many of the decision makers don't get it through so understand your concerns.

After the last election, Britexit and Trump I've told my husband he's the one breaking the news to me tomorrow for a change! I'm prepared for the worst but hoping for the best :)

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I've deactivated my Facebook account over it. At almost 48 and a long term public servant (we are banned from any political activity during an election campaign) I'm so fed up of all the racism, hate and ignorance.

My lovely mum was an original hippy and I'm slowly turning into her. Love and peace man :hugs:

I'd be dead a couple times over without the NHS and it is already so stretched they nearly missed one of those deadly things. I rely on it to keep me going in just about every way you can imagine, I'm married to a man also living with a chronic health condition who is just starting regular monitoring for signs of cancer as part of that and a child living with an inherited condition so I'm very worried about it facing more and more cuts in every department. There was a programme a few months ago about WLS and the surgeon was very passionate about how it's not a vanity procedure it's life saving, helps directly treat as well as prevent multiple conditions like diabetes and it was great to see someone stand up for us. I fear so many of the decision makers don't get it through so understand your concerns.

After the last election, Britexit and Trump I've told my husband he's the one breaking the news to me tomorrow for a change! I'm prepared for the worst but hoping for the best :)

I am guessing that you are no less concerned this morning then?

I've deactivated my Facebook account over it. At almost 48 and a long term public servant (we are banned from any political activity during an election campaign) I'm so fed up of all the racism, hate and ignorance.

My lovely mum was an original hippy and I'm slowly turning into her. Love and peace man :hugs:

I wish everyone was the same. At least we said goodbye to UKIP, at least a while.

SAM55

Very disappointed at the result and struggling to see any positives in it at the moment, particularly for the NHS. :(

SAM55

I share your concerns Feebee as I am also one of their best customers at the moment, and too saw that programme you mentioned which I thought was very good in portraying the positives of WLS.