• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FACTS

mandy-1975

I feel I have to come on here and state a few facts, some information came to my attention at the weekend, which i do not wish to go into........

But i wish to make it clear to everyone on here, that n matter what people may think, I am not in cahoots with Georgina I have not spoke with georgina since the last episode of what happened on here...

Georgina helped me threw my byapss, just like many of you have helped each other.... I do not agree with the silly and stupid games that were being played, and if truth be known actually was disgusted by it!!! I main concern is i do not want people thinking that, I am in anyway aprt of it......

I use minis, as it helps me with my problems from the bypass and also helps me write things down! I also get to meet alot of fantastic people, I think there is too many school playground antics - we are all meant to help and support each other!!!!

I am sorry but just needed to get this of my chest!

charliegirl

Mandy I totally agree with you, there are some people on here that like to cause upset by sending private messages and being abusive. I for one will not tolerate this. I am here to ask advise and to give support and if possible have a laugh. I have never wanted to cause upset to anyone and if people have taken my posts the wrong way then they should just ignore them as we are so often getting told the written word can be misinterpreted....lets make a resolution to try and be nice to people, obviously we cant all get on but thats why we have the ignore button. xx and pls no abusive messages if you dont like what I have written...

mandy-1975

I do agree Linda!!!! at the end of the day, we don't all like each other, and some get on better with others!!!! for me it is the fact that people think that because i am/was friends with someone then it means I agree or am in on the petty and vindictive games!!!!! I don't agree i find it disgraceful....

We are all grown ups, if you don't like someone then don't write on thier thread, it is quite simple.........

For me it is about making it clear where i stand on victimisation and on bullying!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I agree with what you're saying Mandy. I've no idea what you're talking about specifically but i wish everyone would just forget about Georgina and her childish mindgames once and for all.

It saddens me when some people on here display flouncy over-reactive behaviour and take offense when none is ever meant, when friendships get thrown out of the window because something is mis-understood or mis-interpreted.

Still, some people on here seem to enjoy playing mind games, being two faced, and turning what should be a support forum into a popularity contest. I guess that will happen anywhere, and at the end of the day there is no stopping it.

So Mandy, ignore what anyone says, rise above it, and take reassurance from the fact that you know the truth about your own behaviour and actions. If anyone chooses to think otherwise, screw 'em.

honey-dd

I agree with what you're saying Mandy. I've no idea what you're talking about specifically but i wish everyone would just forget about Georgina and her childish mindgames once and for all.

It saddens me when some people on here display flouncy over-reactive behaviour and take offense when none is ever meant, when friendships get thrown out of the window because something is mis-understood or mis-interpreted.

Still, some people on here seem to enjoy playing mind games, being two faced, and turning what should be a support forum into a popularity contest. I guess that will happen anywhere, and at the end of the day there is no stopping it.

So Mandy, ignore what anyone says, rise above it, and take reassurance from the fact that you know the truth about your own behaviour and actions. If anyone chooses to think otherwise, screw 'em.

have not got a clue what this thread is about or who georgina is ??

but i agree with shellbell's post . there are people on all sites that have issues and play mind games its awful but its a fact that those people get there kicks out of being nasty on line.and you just have to rise above it as long as you know your better than these people there is no problem

wobbles

Yes i too have noticed a lot of rubbish going on, but you do get it everywhere you go. I'm not interested in playing games either Mandy, i just can't be bothered with it. Life's too hard and too short without that sort of codswallop.

xx

alliecat

frustrated bander!
OMG did I miss something??? Can't be done with playing games - there are too many wonderful, helpful people on here who are here for the right reasons - to offer help advice and support to people at all stages in their wls journey - just in the same way as we have all benefitted from the advice, support and help from others in what is after all not an easy decision to make and a roller-coaster of a journey. No more games girls and boys eh - JUST A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL AND AN EVEN SKINNIER 2009 XX

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
The best piece of advice I was ever given when embarking on internet forum use was - 'stand back from the keyboard'.

If you read something that tees you off, do not respond immediately - remember, 'anger' is only one letter away from 'danger'.

If you feel the need to batter off a response in fury, by all means do so. In a word doc. Then sit on it for 24 hours. Usually by then you will have lost the interest in responding or at the very least, calmed down sufficiently to give a measured response.

An remember, there are real people reading and contributing here, not faceless drones.

Flaming on a forum just leaves it charred with a lingering nasty smell and taste.

Merry Christmas and a svelter 2009!

mandy-1975

The best piece of advice I was ever given when embarking on internet forum use was - 'stand back from the keyboard'.

If you read something that tees you off, do not respond immediately - remember, 'anger' is only one letter away from 'danger'.

If you feel the need to batter off a response in fury, by all means do so. In a word doc. Then sit on it for 24 hours. Usually by then you will have lost the interest in responding or at the very least, calmed down sufficiently to give a measured response.

An remember, there are real people reading and contributing here, not faceless drones.

Flaming on a forum just leaves it charred with a lingering nasty smell and taste.

Merry Christmas and a svelter 2009!

Well said Hunny!!!!!!!!!!!

charliegirl

Failing that there is always the ignore button....its the ones that send the private messages that annoy me if you have something to say and you believe your comments are valid why send it privately....xx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Because this is a support forum not a discussion board. So if someone disagrees with a post often it's best to discuss that privately rather than an argument starting on the boards. If people disagree on the boards then everyone else jumps in with their two pence worth and things get out of hand.

But then some people like the attention of onsite arguments.

phatgirl

I agree with both Shel & Charliegirl.

Shel, I agree that sometimes a personal disagreement should be taken off the forum and into private message so as to discourage people not involved from getting involved. It is tempting to weigh in when it is not about you. I believe it is a responsible thing to remove personality disagreements from the support forum so as not to disrupt the friendly and advice-seeking atmosphere.

Charliegirl, I agree that sometimes you just have to let things go and move on. It is a wise person who avoids conflict with virtual strangers over matters of opinion. I myself need to learn this lesson and walk away when I know that saying something is not going to change things or help the situation.

Both of you ladies offer some good advice and people would be better off to take these suggetions to heart.

Thank you!
Nic;);););)

honey-dd

Because this is a support forum not a discussion board. So if someone disagrees with a post often it's best to discuss that privately rather than an argument starting on the boards. If people disagree on the boards then everyone else jumps in with their two pence worth and things get out of hand.

very very good post shel ,to be honest i only reply to pm's, but if a person speaks to another using pm's about things then good it keeps it off the forum rather than silly comments that can not be backed up or thoughts that are later regretted being on a forum. and pm's are personal and private ie private message lol and as there private have nothing to do with anyone but sender and responder xx

Last edited:

honey-dd

i am intrigued though like others have said lol feel somthing has been missed so what is this thread about ???

and dont jump on me for asking im being nosey lol

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser

I agree to a certain extent, but then sometimes support bends into discussion. I agree that dirty laundry should not be aired publicly; that certainly isn't supportive to anyone.

And sadly, yes, some people do relish online spats. Those are the ones I tend to steer clear of.

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
i am intrigued though like others have said lol feel somthing has been missed so what is this thread about ???

and dont jump on me for asking im being nosey lol

I read it that Mandy has received a PM or something that says she colludes or is aligned with Georgina, whoever she may be.

The general trend of the thread then seems to be in support of not getting involved with flaming, online nonsense etc.

phatgirl

For those who don't know Georgina is a prior member of the board who was banned. That is the extent of my knowledge of Georgina.

mandy-1975

Hi guys......

Thanks for all the messages!!!! Yes georgina was a previous memeber.... and from what i have been told she neither ahs anything to do with what has happened other than she showed care for a friend!!!!

I was told of something and then it came about that people thought, because I was a freind of Georginas that I too had some thing to do with it!!!!

I personally just wanted to clear up the fact that i was not involved in any of it!

But also to say that we are all a long time dead and that what we are all goign threw is hard enough without the back biting that seems to take place on here..... we are all memebers for the same reason TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!!!!