• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fancy meeting this weekend? Manchester

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Anybody fancy meeting for coffee at the Trafford Centre this Saturday? It was cancelled last weekend, though one person did turn up as they didnt get the message not to (feel horrible that he was there alone) and I was just wondering if anyone wants to do it this weekend instead? If there isnt much interest Ill put it off until new year, so just getting general feeling on if anyone can make it.
Let me know.
Steph xx

If there is any interest Val and I would go x

As promised Steph, we are meeting up, as is Jacqui and everyone, but the weather is so unpredictable right now... what I may do is, if hubby and I are planning on a Saturday trip out, we will do our best to try and see if any of you are around .... we'll get around to it and in the new year for sure I'll be heading for my hugs to Salford... so wait for it Karl!

I shall be at all meetings come the better weather... and we can do a bit of belly dancing with our Rebirth!

Love and hugs everyone, thinking of you all xxx

Hubbys working this weekend so I cant make it, deffinately on for New Year though.....it seems ages since Ive seen anyone! XX

Thats fair enough Beverlie xxx
I do still fancy a trip out for a coffee this weekend, doesnt have to be a big formal affair, just enough of us to make it worth while, so far we have Tom and I and possibly Karl and Val...anyone else?
Steph xx

Looking forward to seeing you all at Salford as well Jac... the weather has been unpredictable hasn't it... plus we have our friends here for several days until their daughter is feeling better, but you are always welcome to come here too... we'll get around to it all ... love and hugs to everyone, as always... xxx

He does work most weekends, he works nearly every Saturday and usually 1 in 4 Sundays. I hate when he has to work Sunday as thats the day I like to go out, either shopping or just fro a drive. So once a month on a Sunday Ive usually got the hump :D XX

Haha... Jac... it's difficult, my husbands a shift worker and often has to do very difficult hours... but he's always had his career and we've worked round it, he'll be retired next year so it'll all change then but it's not easy with shift work is it... xxx

Its not Bev, we can never really plan things as he doesnt even do weekly rotas. He does different every day. Today he was on before 5am, same tomorrow and the day after hes on a split-shift. He does lates too, so some days he goes at 4 ish and comes home around midnight! Its a pain, but hes got a job and we are grateful for that in this day and age! :D XX

Tom works 12 hour shifts on a really stupid pattern, you never know where you are and when, so for most of the year I cant get to places (without smiling at nice people for a cheeky lift lol) but his place closes down over the festive season and the way he worked his holidays this year he has a nights to do tomorrow night and then he has 33(ish) days off, so we have plenty of time to get to places, so Im trying to make the most of it whilst I can. But yes, shift work can suck big time...I spend a lot of the spring and summer by myself a lot because of it.
Steph xx

Wow thats a fab break for Christmas .... hubby is pleased that Christmas is Sat/Sun this year as he will get 4 days off.....woohooooo....he usually had Christmas Day, Boxing Day then back in work! :D XX

Those are very long days for Tom, Steph... goodness it's tiring... and Jac... I understand... I've ironed uniforms all of my hubby's working life and it's been a chore I won't miss from next year... he's actually stayed longer than he had planned but has done it for his pension.

We'll be at every meeting then once he's finished work, we have a lot of catching up to do and I can't wait to spend time with my lovely wls family xxx

Yes, Tom is very fortunate that his place close down for so long, even more so this year with saving holidays etc lots of time together (will end up strangling each other hahaha).
Steph xx

Definately Jacqui...as much as I love him, couples NEED time apart lol
Steph xx

I agree lol....when my hubby is off for more than his annual 2 weeks summer hols Im ready for digging a hole and dusting off the Insurance policies ;) XX

I'd be up for making the trip up north to meet up with everyone after Christmas. Been ages since I caught up with the Northern gang.

Please let me know if any meets get arranged in the new year and I'll do my very best to attend.

Back