• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

I just googled syntrax and a list of suppliers came up, I think I went with Powerbody.com in the end as was the cheapest

A so called friend of mine said I looked like a bit of a tramp cos I'd lost weight and my clothes were too big! Not seen her for a while, she saw me last week and has said she is shocked at how much weight I've lost and that I shouldn't lose anymore! I did speak with her but someone else told me!
You find who you're friends are don't you!

Anyhow, on a much cheerier note, I'm getting married on Christmas Eve! Xx

Congratulations ! How exciting, I've been with my partner for years, we keep talking about marriage but never quite got round to it.... Ooh just imagine what a fab outfit you will be able to get, I bet you're really excited!

As for your "friend" - never fails to amaze me how grown women can be so catty. What is the point?

A so called friend of mine said I looked like a bit of a tramp cos I'd lost weight and my clothes were too big! Not seen her for a while, she saw me last week and has said she is shocked at how much weight I've lost and that I shouldn't lose anymore! I did speak with her but someone else told me! You find who you're friends are don't you! Anyhow, on a much cheerier note, I'm getting married on Christmas Eve! Xx

Wow, congratulations to you both. Cant wait to hear about your outfit :D

I suspect someone got gobbled up with the green eyed monster, which real friends don't let happen so she was just someone passing through.

Hugx ,

Oh congratulations Cherub! how exciting!
Go and get yourself new outfits girl, you deserve it. I am utilising the dresses from previous years and they are also getting loose - how lovely is that!

I have some Boden dresses that I love and will take them to the tailors to get them taken in. Too expensive to give away. The only thing I bought recently was a pair of bras, and a crisp white shirt which was always my dream to wear with jeans.

Siana, still no photo?

x

Congrats Churub!!

A check out woman at the supermarket who knows I have had the bypass asked "are you still on a diet?" !!!!!

Thanks ladies for your support and good wishes.
I did wonder as you say Chrissy, about whether there was a glimpse of a green eyed monster! She's advised me not to go really skinny, perhaps aim for a 16 which is what she is but I'm only 5ft 2in and she's much taller!

Shall I ask her if she wants my new casts offs when I get there!
She won't be coming to the wedding. Since she knew she upset me she's not spoken to me, other than saying hello when I was infront of her. Not a friend! You always learn the hard way eh!?!

I've noticed that my weight loss has stopped and I'm stuck at the same weight for a few weeks now, hair loss isn't as bad either. Though clothes a feeling bigger, having to adjust bra fastening to a tighter fit etc......is anyone else finding this?

I've got my consultant appointment on weds, I've found out that he has lied to me more than once! Advice please......
He hasn't followed the Trust policy about duty of candour, I so want to confront him, some say I should make a complaint, others say I should sue him after what happened to me.

What are your thoughts and advice?

In the meantime, making lists of wedding plans and what we want, don't know wether to go for a white dress or a suit. Feeling excited though.xx

Hi Cherub,
Yes offer her your cast offs...how wicked we are.

My weight loss is very slow too and feeling of hunger back. Trying best to make sensible choices. My hair loss has just started...scary. Hope will stop soon.

I do not have a recommendation regarding your treatment Cherub. I really don't know what to say. Perhaps you can check his track record.has he done similar mistakes before? See what others did.
Good luck!

What about PALS Cherub? They can liaise on your behalf, less stress, can't get fobbed off and its formal

Thanks ladies. I feel so angry now and I wasn't before! I was glad I survived and grateful that he brought me back, I was so close to dying apparently.
Now, as I piece everything together, learn more about his lies, I want to rant at him!
We work for the same trust, he hasn't followed policy and has lied soon many times.
Found an incident form on the system from last dec when he took my band out and was supposed to convert to the bypass during same op. He told me that he couldn't do bypass as I had scar tissue. The incident form was created because there were no staples for him to do my bypass and it said for this reason patient will have to return for bypass surgery.
I want to challenge him on so many levels. He hasn't accepted any responsibility for what happened nor has he apologised. He thinks I'm stupid!

Last edited:
Lol Tules! Now you mention it, I'm getting feelings of hunger, which I wasn't before. But my hair loss started in May and is only just stopping.
You e done so well and are so close to your target. I've still go and other three and a half stone to lose....... I had more to lose than you.

Thanks Siana. I wanted to see him to try to talk through things with him before going formal. PALS have sent me a form and have said I have grounds for a complaint. I have a medical negligence solicitor on standby, just wanted to talk to him first.
Knowing how he is he will walk away and refuse to talk.

I don't know you but maybe you are too angry/upset to talk to him? You know what his response is likely to be so why it yourself through it? If you talk to him (if you do make sure you have someone with you) anything you say may get misquoted, formal is always best in my opinion

Did you measure as well as weigh Cherub? A lot of people report stalls where they lose inches. Seems the body needs time to readjust so thats normal.

Re your consultant, it sounds to me like you know he wont give you any answers anyway so PALS sounds like the sensible route to me. Keep him at arms length so can think straight and let them look into it.

Good luck, you do deserve to know the truth. Hugx

Last edited:
Chuerb08 I keep saying it about bad practice put a complaint in its the only way mistakes are corrected and practice is improved. All the equipment should have been there for your operation first time and if it wasn't then it shouldn't have gone ahead. Your the one who has been hurt, your the one who has suffered and like I need to tell,you your the one who by the sounds of it could have died. I've been told of on here more than once for slating NHS workers but it's not acceptable bad practice. Not all patience have a negative experience but there are more than enough who do and it's not good enough. There are some wonderful NHS workers from the lowest to the highest and they don't get the recognition they deserve and I think we are all very lucky to have such a great institution but a mistake is a mistake and surgeons are not God and the need to stop thinking they are. Anyway on a mother note, I have been the same weight for months,I'm just stopped loosing for no reason, and last week I put on. It does seem that the bypasses seem to go through this little blip. I think I was lucky because my hair fell out by the handful for several weeks, it wasn't noticeable to others just me, every time I brushed or shook my head ( why you could ask lol) I looked like I'd just brushed the dog but I increased my pristine and it stopped and that was the only thing I did differently as advised by others and it stopped.

Ok so a bit peeved on the slow weight loss, but people keep commenting on how well I look. Only lost 4 pounds in 4 weeks (booooo!) But in the same time frame.....1.5 inches off each arm, same off each leg, 3 inches off hips and 4.5 inches off waist!!!! So chuffed...

Well done Sinia!! I'm in the same boat, not lost much this month but am in size 14 trousers!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well done Siana and Tina. You're doing so well. Wished I had measured now!
Saw my team today-surgeon said I looked well. Had my appointment and conversation with him. Will be taking it further, letter of complaint started and so far on page 6 and they're A4 pages! Solicitor should be phoning me tomorrow to see what happened and advise, but basically he's continuing to lie! Going for the jugular.
Thanks mouse 57 for you post and support.
The nurse and dietician all walked in to clinic together, they saw me in the waiting room. Got a hug and told how amazing I looked. One of the dietician so didn't believe it was me!!
All went well with them. But then it always does, they are fantastic.
I asked about my weight loss slowing down and stopping and was advised that it depends on how big you are at the start but was told that it does slow down for a bit then picks up again. I checked that I am eating the right things in the right amounts, all good. Feel reassured. I'm still noticing my clothes are getting bigger though even though I'm not losing much.
My hair loss has normalised again so am going to get a colour next month.

Went to see a spiritualist medium last night, a friend came through who I was very close to, she knew all about what had happened to me, that my bp dropped so low and that I went cold, she said I went to the light and left my body, but there was no way she was going to let me die. She was with me in theatre holding my hand. She described the surgeons physical appearance and described how he acts. She said he has had cases against him before and should be struck off! She got lots of others things too, including our getting married.
I'm back at the gym this week now the weather has cooled down, was too hot last week. I needed to go tonight after my appointment with him and did I really good work out ;)

Back