• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up fed up fed up.

carol.s

my operation has been cancelled until mid may cos of the junior doctors strike next tuesday.

prepared my kids for me being away. son in law booked time of work to help my eldest look after her brother and sisters.
not to mention getting my-self prepared and mentally ready for the op. only for it to be in vain.

just wandered around Tesco in a daze

carol

Oh no, really sorry to hear too. Do they have any idea of time-scale?

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I dread this happening because I've spent time preparing my kids (and myself) and sorting childcare and work. I know it can't be helped but you must feel so disappointed.
It's not long till mid May. Not much consolation right now I know but fingers crossed for you.

the guy who phoned me booked me in for the 19th and has put me on the cancellation list as well. I think it was the 19th anyway I will have to ring and check. I was so disappointed that I wasn't listening properly.

No Got it wrong its the 17th may

Oh no, I'm so sorry, this happened to me too so I know how disappointing it is. Yes, the doctor's strike having a knock on effect. I'm trying to keep positive about it all, luckily for me no work or young kids to juggle but I can imagine the extra stress of having to reschedule childcare and other commitments.

Oh no .. So sorry to hear this .. Don't get down though , it will happen , so keep your head in the game Hun
Xxxxx

As much as I support the actions of the junior doctors my thoughts Do change when it becomes personal im just sorry your caught up in this tussle lets hope you get a cancellation very soon

As much as I support the actions of the junior doctors my thoughts Do change when it becomes personal im just sorry your caught up in this tussle lets hope you get a cancellation very soon

I am the same but this is personal to me and I was so ready. My son in law can't cancel his time off. so when I do eventually go in he won't be able to take time off to help my daughter and also bring the little ones up to visit me.

Plus we jump through so many hoops to prove we are ready for this. We are told to prepare that we need to get mentally ready and step up. So when we do and then it all changes with no notice it feels unfair.
Your grown up head can understand why the dates been changed but I think you're still allowed to have a vent here. I'm really sad this is going to effect who can visit you after but you can do this.

I really feel for you. I know I would react badly to this having mentally prepared myself, never mind any pre-op diet I will have put myself through! I hope all works out well in the end. x

thanks ladies. my fed up head is still on this morning but by tea time it will have gone, I am sure lol. I indulged last night not went totally overboard just a little bit, a few carbs did me the world of good lol cleared a backlog. then its back to the lrd after all I have a fridge full of yoghurt, veg soup and vegetables to eat and I will need to be ready just incase I get a cancellation. which I doubt very much but here's hoping

carol xx

So sorry to hear this Carol, it is so hard when you are focussing on a specific date and then it is taken away. Yes, I support the junior doctors, but as yet I have been unaffected personally and I am not sure how I would feel in your position. I admire the way you seem to be dealing with this.

This is one of the (many) reasons that I am moving towards going private for my op - the fact that as a non emergency procedure it can be cancelled right up until you go into the operating theatre. I understand that a member of a support group I attend was all ready in gown ready to go to theatre and it was cancelled at the last moment, that must have been sole destroying!

However, I guess it is the practicalities that are the problem, once leave is booked it is not flexible enough to be moved on demand - I will have this issue with my OH. I hope that you manage to arrange something.

I am sure I will Hannah.

I should have been in the ward now. but never mind its only just over 3 weeks before my next date

It will fly carol .. We are all here to bump your sadness up in any way we can ..
Remember your nearer the end than you were at the beginning :)
Mindy
Xx

Brilliant news ! Pleased ?

I'm so glad you have a new date :)

Back