• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel a bit of a fraud for being here now...

well done gerry you are doing great hun xx

Thanks ladies. Getting a bit nervous now. Have to be at the Hospital for 7.30am appointment, so will be leaving here at about 6am. Hope we manage to get a parking space this time.

I'm just so worried that they are going to try and drag up something like me needing to try other things or do weight management or use my disability against me or there being some psychiatric reason for not doing it or something. Bet I won't be able to sleep tonight.

:bliss:

Just got back from seeing the dietician, psychiatrist and consultant.....

Other than the collective opinion of them all that I'm a fat nutter who wants an operation (sorry, couldn't resist that one :giggle:) They have all passed me and I should hear from the surgeon with a date for hopefully early in the New Year :D That suits me fine, as I didn't want it before Christmas anyway.

They were all very impressed that I'd put myself on the Slim-Fast diet before seeing them and managed to loose some weight that way, and also that I'd kept a diary of what I've eaten over the past three weeks, and have put that in my file.

The other piece of good news is that I won't have to do their Pre-op diet, as I can do my Slim-Fast one using my two shakes and one meal a day for a fortnight, so once again I'm really happy about that too, as I know I can manage it. If I wanted, I could have the odd day where I do their diet, although I don't think I'd be able to stick to it, so will stay on my present one.

The consultant has also put me on Xenical to help, so things are looking good so far.

Was shattering getting up at 5am to get there for 7.30, and was out by about 11am, so all sorted and at least I didn't have to faff about with parking today.

I'm a happy bunny.

Hi Gerry
I've literally spent most of my day reading your thread from begining to end. What a rollercoaster. Congrats for being passed for surgery. I hope the days fly by for you between now and the new year.
xxx

Great news Gerry :) nothing to worry about ;)

Hi Gerry
I've literally spent most of my day reading your thread from begining to end. What a rollercoaster. Congrats for being passed for surgery. I hope the days fly by for you between now and the new year.
xxx

Awww thanks for being a devoted reader and to have spent so much time on it :)

You're right, it is a roller coaster, but I certainly don't think I am the only one who's been through it. Seems to be common practice.

I'm sure the days will pass all too quickly. Meanwhile I want to stay on my Slim-Fast and Xenical diet in the run up to it and see how much I can manage to loose before the actual op date.

I'm also made up tonight as I have managed to get my Wedding and Engagement rings on for the first time in several years :D. Hubby's pretty impressed too.

Just wanted to share my excitement with you all.

Having lost my first stone I've found I have more energy, and when I've needed one or two bits in Tesco's I've actually managed to walk in and get them rather than use my scooter.

Well, I had to go in there today and as it was shopping day I thought "let's try it", so I done the whole weeks grocery shopping all on my own and on my own two feet :eek: :D

Admittedly it took me over two hours and I got three quarters of the way round and was fit to drop. By the time I got to the checkout, I had to say to the checkout operator that I was going to be rather slow as it was the first time in about 10 years that I'd managed to do the shopping on my own two feet, let alone on my own. She was brilliant and let me take my time and shut the gate behind me so that no one else joined the queue to make me feel rushed (I was looking very weary it has to be said). Anyhow, I managed it, got it all in the car and just flopped into the drivers seat for a rest. I know hubby will be surprised when he gets home later and I tell him the shopping has been done! We normally go together on a Wednesday evening.

Feeling so proud of myself, and can't wait until I loose more weight after the op to be able to do more things like this.

Wey hey ! ;)

That's great Gerry, well done! Make sure you take it easy for a bit now though and recover :)

Thanks :) I'm grinning like a cheshire cat right now :D. I took it really slow going round the shop, and have been sitting down since I got home. Even my daughter couldn't believe I'd done it. She said she was waiting for me to come back from dropping hubby at work so we could go together.

My legs ache like hell though, so going to have a cuppa and rest up for a while now.

Feel a bit pathetic getting so excited over doing the shopping standing up, but it's been so long I forgot what it was like.

Hiya Gerry!

That totally rocks about the shopping in tesco's, and it is not pathetic to be excited about it at all. It is great that they shut the checkout off for you so you could do it in your own time, normally i always feel so rushed when i am paying for something.
I have got HMS too (i have been reading through your thread!), and have recently come back from a 3 week residential pain management course and i have just started trying to walk short distances without my crutches- and i am enjoying all the things i can do without them, i got so excited about buying an umbrella the other day!!:rolleyes:
Congratulations on being passed for surgery:D

Lizzie x

Major success Gerry with the shopping its those little hurdles that make such a difference in your daily life.

M

Back