• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally complained....

Here's hoping they stop messing you about; you have been through the wringer with them. And you have done everything they've asked- they don't deserve for you to be patient anymore!

Wow everyone! I am here at 3am lol. I am overwhelmed by all the amazing support!!! It means the world to me.

Even if the email does very little for me, I hope it goes someday to making them understand some people won't just take it lying down!

I really do hate complaining. I am very nervous about it. Just couldn't take it any longer.

Once again, thank you muchly :D You lot rock and I would be lost without you all!!!

(p.s Laura, Heather and Cathi, it was lovely seeing you all at support group :D xxx)

Fuffs said:
Wow everyone! I am here at 3am lol. I am overwhelmed by all the amazing support!!! It means the world to me.

Even if the email does very little for me, I hope it goes someday to making them understand some people won't just take it lying down!

I really do hate complaining. I am very nervous about it. Just couldn't take it any longer.

Once again, thank you muchly :D You lot rock and I would be lost without you all!!!

(p.s Laura, Heather and Cathi, it was lovely seeing you all at support group :D xxx)

You do right by complaining babe good on you I hope they listen to you, I get scared asking questions let alone complaining so your a brave woman hun go you! Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Tonibones10 said:
You do right by complaining babe good on you I hope they listen to you, I get scared asking questions let alone complaining so your a brave woman hun go you! Xx

I was referred Dec 2009, so I have had enough time to build up to the ability to complain. But it still has made me nervous lol

Thank you for your words of encouragement chick :) xxx

Fuffs said:
I was referred Dec 2009, so I have had enough time to build up to the ability to complain. But it still has made me nervous lol

Thank you for your words of encouragement chick :) xxx

2009!!! My god you are patient I'm the same as you im really nervous if I have to confront anyone even if its over an email etc and not face to face but my sister would have sent letter after letter but that's because she works at the hospital (with my surgeon) and knows what they are like, that and she likes getting the apologys lol she complains as soon as I start moaning to her Haha

Tonibones10 said:
2009!!! My god you are patient I'm the same as you im really nervous if I have to confront anyone even if its over an email etc and not face to face but my sister would have sent letter after letter but that's because she works at the hospital (with my surgeon) and knows what they are like, that and she likes getting the apologys lol she complains as soon as I start moaning to her Haha

Lol!!! Knowing the system makes some people a lot more pro active. Gets stuff done. I have be so mindful of how many people have such a hard journey, I have been loathe to complain. But yesterday, I was pushed that one step too far.

I have voiced my concerns to them directly before, but never an official complaint to PALS. I won't stop feeling nervous until I discover the outcome :)

Good for you, we are all too servile in Britain. We don't ever complain because they are doing us a favour by giving us this life saving op but actually we've been paying into the system for years and are entitled to complain when things go awry.

I really hope you get results from your email. You damn well ought to. I would phone every day to see where I am in the queue if I were in your situation. I had to wait 3 years but that wasn't there fault, I had a heart attack just before I got my date and had to wait an extra year because of the drugs I was on but there's no excuse in your case.

Love Kate x

Thank you so much Kate xxx

If it was the norm at my hospital thar everyone got my treatment I would shut mouth. But I see others who get treated much different and it is boiling my blood.

Knowing others like you understand why I complained has helped me a lot!! Thank you xxx

Well done Fuffs! It's such a pain to have to deal with lists, etc. In my area people are being picked out of the list because they are doing the people without co morbidity first. Great for the chosen. But, sucks for the people still waiting. They don't seem to realise that we talk to each other. There was probably a time when they could do it and nobody was the wiser.

Snow White said:
Well done Fuffs! It's such a pain to have to deal with lists, etc. In my area people are being picked out of the list because they are doing the people without co morbidity first. Great for the chosen. But, sucks for the people still waiting. They don't seem to realise that we talk to each other. There was probably a time when they could do it and nobody was the wiser.

That had crossed my mind. But for this forum and support group I may have never fought so hard in this process. I am continually being armed with knowledge and that is what has gotten me this far.

Thank you everyone :) xxx

Sweetie you have worked so hard and jumped through so many hoops. You deserve it! It sucks you have to complain. But, it's totally gonna be worth it!

Snow White said:
Sweetie you have worked so hard and jumped through so many hoops. You deserve it! It sucks you have to complain. But, it's totally gonna be worth it!

Thank you so much chick xxx And I really hope so :D xxx

Hope they act quickly on your your email.

It's horrible having to complain but I had to over another matter and my letter ended up being 3 A4 pages long.

It did the trick though within a week of writing it I had my pre op done and op a fortnight later. Unfortunately the op didn't work but the letter did

Nanny Og said:
Hope they act quickly on your your email.

It's horrible having to complain but I had to over another matter and my letter ended up being 3 A4 pages long.

It did the trick though within a week of writing it I had my pre op done and op a fortnight later. Unfortunately the op didn't work but the letter did

Thank you for sharing that :) Gives me hope. Sorry if I have missed it on the forum, but why didn't your op work out? Xxx

well done you !! At least you have taken a step and if that does not work, we will work on the next step !!
But you cant sit and do nothing ...
I am sure that you will soon receive a favourable reply xxxx

Unfortunately my BMI is 46.8 and apparently they are doing those 45 and under, so thats me out then!!!

:(

Kim x

Back