• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why are people soooo rude?

CHUCKY

hi all
I was in tesco this morning minding my own buisiness and this woman said bold as brass "AND I THOUGHT I WAS FAT"
well i was so upset i couldnt reply normally comments dont upset me that much but been bit emotional lately and could have cried.:cry:
Good job my hubby wasnt with me he would have kicked off he get really defensive bless him.
he said just ignore her sad stupid woman:(
anyone else had things like this said to them?

Some people just can't keep their mouths shut. Anyhow just wait til you have your wls and hit your goal weight, she won't recognise you and you won't recognise her cos she's insignificant.;)

I can understand why you were upset. I would have been too.

Just remember they are the one with the problem not you

Irene xx

im so sorry you had to experience that silly cow. Not had that said to me but the worst was on a night out with my OH at a local pub. Had my hair cut and done, makeup was lovely, nice new dress, was feeling good and the whole time we were there a table of people were looking at me and laughing. I just sat there and gave the impression I didn't care. Laughing and joking with OH and staring them down. I think you got to show these people that their narrow mindedness doesn't mean sod all. Of course I was very upset, but I didn't want to show them that.
Isn't it a shame that people who do not fit the media image of beautiful or 'normal' cannot be accepted by everyone? I work with physically disabled people who not only have to suffer a very life limiting disease, paralised in a wheelchair, with a life expectancy of around 20, they have to put up with being stared at and called spastics. It's a sad, sad world when you are faced with people like that. But chin up and only give your love and attention to those that deserve it.
xxxx

In my 47 and three quarter years on this planet (ugh) I have had just about every insult thrown at me - Fat Cow screamed from cars, getting on a bus - careful you dont tip it up - and the list goes on and on - I have developed rhinohide to cope with it but I can snap sometimes - I would have gone up to Mrs Ignorant Pig and said to her ' are you addressing me - I may be overweight but I am not deaf' - sometimes confronting the amoebas is the only way to stop them - its ignorance coupled with god knows what else and yes it hurts but rise above it because she was obviously of subnormal intelligence and get her off your radar cause she aint worth the hassle.

i think we all have at some point in our lives,they are just sad ignorant people please dont get to upset they are not worth the bother .just remember a few years down the line she will be looking at you enviously and you will have the last laugh .these people have no idea what has gone on in our lives an how we have struggled with food ,she was after all only trying to placate her own insecurities take care luv debbie x:wavey:

its true what everone has said, her comment said far more about her that it did you. she's so worried about her own appearance she needed to pick on you to make herself feel better, only problem is she showed how ugly she is on the inside in the process.

hi all
I was in tesco this morning minding my own buisiness and this woman said bold as brass "AND I THOUGHT I WAS FAT"
well i was so upset i couldnt reply normally comments dont upset me that much but been bit emotional lately and could have cried.:cry:
Good job my hubby wasnt with me he would have kicked off he get really defensive bless him.
he said just ignore her sad stupid woman:(
anyone else had things like this said to them?

Hi Chucky,

Sorry to hear what happen to you.

Similar happen to me few weeks ago in Ikea where I was called Fat C**t, I've never been spoken to like that in all my days. Though I say I'm over it I am weary if people are looking at me and I'm the first to apologise if some bumps into me.

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/92655-insulted-today.html

hi there it used to happen all the time to me.i used to reply by telling them they had a big mouth and i walked off,dont let them bother you at all,as when your looking and feeling fab,they will still have a big mouth x x x sarah

I have had similar experiences over the years and outwardly i make sure that i give the impression that it doesn't bother me (inside is different). On one of these occasions i had a very surly youth tell me i was just a fat evil cow and my reply to him was "I can lose weight tomorrow but you will always be ugly so go back and crawl under the stone you just crawled from"

You just have to let these small minded ignorant people get on with their lives because they are nothing better than dish water and you are much better than them 10 times over so don't you pay any attention to them.

Do you remember the scene in 'Pretty Woman' when Julia Roberts goes into a shop to look at a dress and they looked down on her like a piece of s**t?? When she went back dressed nicely they didn't recognise her until she pointed out who she was - and then she told them "Big mistake - HUGE" - well that's you. Your Julia Roberts and one day you will be the other Julia Roberts and for those people who didn't accept you for who and what you are (a human being with feelings) then "Big mistake - HUGE"

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you happy x

Remember, what goes around, comes around. She will get her come uppance. I loved the comments about being able to lose weight but she will always be a loudmouth - I will remember (and use) that one! Zxx

I too have suffered at the mouths of these ignorant people most of my life. Always being the last to be chosen for sports teams at school because nobody wanted me on their team. An insident in Sainsburys from 2 teenage boys laughing pointing and saying horrible things about me and my twin sister. At the end of the day nothing stops what they do and say from hurting but as others have said we can loose the weight and are all doing something about it. They will always be unkind individuals. Here is an example somebody I went to school with that was never very nice to anybody outside her possy of friends had a son in my sons class and whenever she saw me she just seemed to cringe because of the way she was at school. Even other people that went to school with me noticed this too.

well all those opinionated ignorant people will be eating there words in the near future ! (pardon the pun) ;)

Tesco must be the place where ignorant people hang out. I was walking down the biscuit aisle, looking for biscuits for my husband. He has a very sweet tooth. I picked up a pack and went to put them in my basket when a total stranger came over to me and said "do you think you need those" I was about 19 stone at the time. I was so dumbfounded that a total stranger would would walk over to me and say that, that I got defensive, and said "Oh these aren;t for me, they are for my husband". What I should have said, had I had enough to think about it would have been something along the lines of "F**k off you wino, the alcohol is two aisles over", as he stunk of beer. Good job my husband wasnt with me at the time or he would have laid him out, wino or not:p.
When I got home, I just cried. Still I have lost weight since then, but no doubt he is still a wino, so who has the problem ----- not me.

MNL

i once bumped shopping trolleys in asda and this woman and she called me a stupid fat cow, so i followed her and asked her if she wants to say it again out side, as i proceeded to follow her my husband was restraining me by my coat and he wouldnt let go of me so i slipped my arms out of the coat and left him with just the coat in in hands lolol, she wouldnt challenge me by the time i caught up with her and she walked away rather embaressed as id kicked up that much of a fuss she was the one that ended up looking stupid.

i suppose she didnt really fancy a punch off a 20st angry woman in public :8855:

had a similar experience in the street with a drunk - he said 'you are fat' and I said 'you are obviously an alcoholic, get your own house in order' - well drunk at 0930 in the morning - he got very upset - cant take the truth dont dish it out - see, fighting back is the way forward.

Back