• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Day of my pre-op diet

Kimboski

So here we go! This is my first day of the pre-op diet :eek:

Also given up smoking!!!!:eek: So all in all a bit of a shock to the system :rolleyes:

All those usual feelings are there, as per every diet I ever been on in my life, excitement, nerves, hunger pangs, determination, elation, hope.

I must admit though, one thing is different this time round.......and thats the dawning realisation that this time, for the first time, the diet is not the 'end' in itself, but a 'means to an end'. In fact it's very much the start of the process for me and all of you that have gone before me.

Now THAT is a new feeling..... and I think I quite like it :D

Wish me luck x

Good luck on your journey! :) xx

Good luck. You can do it :)

Good luck - I hope all goes well. It's a very good way of looking at it as the start of the end. I look forward to seeing your after pics!! x

Ahh I assumed you were doing the milk diet. I apologise. Both are tough, but I chose to do the milk diet as personally I would rather eat no food at all, as opposed to teeny tiny bits.

Hi Kim I had low cal pre op and I had a milky drink once a day :) I was allowed approx 800 calls a day I also had bovril drink which is quite filling a Muller light yoghurt mostly for breakfast tuna in brine with salad for lunch and then a piece of chicken breast at tea time with a couple of new potatoes and veg but no peas or sweet corn :) I also has very lean mince with I oxo cube onion carrot and very thinly sliced potato done in the oven it's all about taste to me and don't really like salad plus had to get myself used to protein first and then eat whatever I can fit afterwards xxx I cooked chicken in tinned tomatoes with peppers onion and a little pasta just ideas that might help x

Thanks Paula and Angie :) . On reflection I don't think i could do the milk diet as I hated the old lighter life experience!

Those tips are very handy Angie, I do love lean meat (and not so lean haha) and tuna so I think I'll work it into my meals.

Thanks for the help!

Mind over matter :) try to drink water when you're thinking about food it kept me thinking this is the right thing to do :)

Keep going Kim you'll be fine :) you seem to have the right head on for all this and every day is a day less :)

Back