• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Foods that stick

snack

Hi could anyone help with food that might stick I'm frightened too death about food getting stuck as I've just had my first fill too 3 mls ,know it might sound stupid but I'm paranoid about it ,how bad is the pain and how long will it take to go and know meat bread and pasta can be a problems but any useful info will be much appreciated thank u xxxx

In the early days mine was eggs, and toast. But also had it randomly happen with salad lol. Don't worry about what yets to happen, stress only tightens the band increasing the likelihood of it happening!
As for pain etc I wouldn't say it's painful but you know that it's not going down and to ease it, it has to come out! Leaning over the toilet is sufficient to pop it back out and then it's instant relief...sometimes band does then need a day a day to calm down as again it can cause it to tighten. It's not like being sick normally, no wrenching etc lol
We know to take small bites, chew loads, and rest inbetween mouthfuls but do we always do it?! Get engaged in mealtime conversation and you easily slip back into old habits! Focus is key xx

Thanks joe I've been a nervous wreck since getting a fill , thanks so much for your help ,and the coming up part doesn't sound so bad after all I thought I'd be heaving my head off lol , thanks again xx

I'm having problems with not eating enough as I'm on shifts consisting of earlies lates and nights all in same week! Have had several things stuck and it is right when u say the only way to ease it is to bring it back up! Getting quite a master at it now!! I must remember to eat !!!

Tanychance wish I had too remember too eat lol ,do u have certain foods that get stuck or is it just when u forget too chew ? Good luck on your Weight lose journey xxx

Bread is a definite no no for me no matter how much I chew or take my time! Pastry also! Pork!! Slimming world home made chips...no!! Thankfully it's the things that aren't so good for me that seem to get stuck so I'm not too fussed!! Good luck to you too!!

tanychance said:
Bread is a definite no no for me no matter how much I chew or take my time! Pastry also! Pork!! Slimming world home made chips...no!! Thankfully it's the things that aren't so good for me that seem to get stuck so I'm not too fussed!! Good luck to you too!!

I've not tried pastry as don't want to go back there, but yes I've sometimes struggled on homemade chips too....not a bad thing....I never have potatoes these days (nor rice or pasta)
Mini scotch eggs stuff me but not that they need to be brought back...good for protein that's my excuse!

I know it's sick (literally) but there's something interesting in the slime pouch it comes back out in. Lol ! :D

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I did think that too Jo !! How on earth in such a small time does it turn to a slime bolus!! Haha! I'm gLad all those things have got stuck tho as it is less tempting to try again! Although I would love a bacon butty! Does that sound terrible??

Slime pouches omg it gets worse !!! Think I ll be staying away from all of the above think I can do without a gift wrapped in slime reappearing blahhhh ;) xx

tanychance said:
I did think that too Jo !! How on earth in such a small time does it turn to a slime bolus!! Haha! I'm gLad all those things have got stuck tho as it is less tempting to try again! Although I would love a bacon butty! Does that sound terrible??

Oh god the smell of a bacon butty.....!

snack said:
Slime pouches omg it gets worse !!! Think I ll be staying away from all of the above think I can do without a gift wrapped in slime reappearing blahhhh ;) xx

Hahahahah it has to be seen for your interest to kick in! :D

Hello there - everyone is different on what foods they can tolerate and so forth - for me personally I cannot tolerate eggs ( of any kind, boiled, scrambled, poached, fried etc, cauliflower, broccoli, bread, rolls etc , beef burgers ( even thought I can eat mince in chilli/spag bol etc lol) sliced ham, noodles - I think thats pretty much it off the top of my head - Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

Snack i have been giggling a way reading this thread, sometimes we can have too much info and your reactions to the slime ball whateva it is precious really precious lmao xx I was thinking of a cat bringing up fur ballsxx good luck with your journey and hope you get nothing stuck xx

Thanks ladies I hope I don't get anything stuck too , sure if I do I ll be on here cry about my slime parcels , had some dodgy gifts in the past but gotta say I'm sure a slime parcel would be the worst !!! Lol good luck too all u lovelies with your weight loss journey and bless me and me slimy gifts :)

Hi I ate a couple of big mouthfulls of cooked cold spaghetti with no sauce and it got stuck, was in pain for 15 mins til i brought it back up, I'll not do that again. The only other things are steak and raw peppers. So if I feel tightness in my chest I stop eating. Good luck with everything. Xx

Back