• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For post-oppers please - a Q

slimmerkay

I'm back with a quick question.

Because of the weather today and the kids being sent home from school I didn't get to Asda and didn't get anything for tea so it was the pizza shop. Not the best choice but we'll skip past that.

I had two traingles of a 12" pizza (about 2.5" each along the long edge of the traingles). I was full. But hubby said that was too much and I am eating too much.

I know this question has been asked dozens of times and there are numerous answers but do any post-oppers agree that 2 triangles was too much?

Well, first of all; it's lovely to see you posting here again. You're missed sweety.

Golly. I can't eat white bread at all, it makes me feel sick. So that pizza would be too much for me from that point of view.
But no, I don't think that sounds a lot in terms of volume. One thing I've discovered recently is that I can eat a lot more if I'm enjoying something!

Honestly Kay, I still cant do 2 slices of pizza and im 15 months post op. Ive managed one slice once, but felt so sick afterwards.

Probably not what you wanted to read, but just being honest.

Honestly Kay, I still cant do 2 slices of pizza and im 15 months post op. Ive managed one slice once, but felt so sick afterwards.

Probably not what you wanted to read, but just being honest.

No, don't worry, it would explain why I'm not losing weight anymore.

I had 3 slices of a 9in thin crust on monday and was stuffed. It was a frozen one and I took off as much as the cheese as I could whilst still frozen

Well we have a pub near us that does fantastic pizzas, they make them while you watch, and I can eat two slices, and a few chips as well. Naughty but nice. Yet when I try to eat meat, I have real problems xxx

That does sound rather a lot to be able to eat just over two months out, but to be honest honey I'm twenty odd months out and wouldn't dream of eating even one slice of pizza

For me it was a trigger food and would take me back to a place I wouldn't want to re visit. Even if it has to be quick food there are always better alternatives to pizza

Hi Karen, pleased to see you :D I havnt tried pizza so I dont actually know but it doesnt seem a lot to me volume wise. Im not sure if I could eat it as its doughy and I havnt had any bread or anything yet. XX

Maybe you need to try to eat a lot slower, and chew, chew, and then chew some more !! You will get full and not feel like you have over done your limit.

Karen, i could probably eat two slices of pizza but then i've done nothing much but complain that i am eating too much hence doing the 5 day pouch test.

I think Karlos has a great point as does Terri. Sometimes it's easy to go down the quick and easy route, especially with children. Maybe get a few extra 'good choice protein based' bits in that you can keep on hand for bad times like this...

But then again, it was a 'one off' and you did something you wouldn't normally...........

And i'm sorry to say this, but your hubbys a cheeky buggar telling you you're eating too much, you know what you are doing. If he says something again send him to the kitchen to cook and plate it up for you :) xxx

Good to see you posting again...

Karen, i could probably eat two slices of pizza but then i've done nothing much but complain that i am eating too much hence doing the 5 day pouch test.

I think Karlos has a great point as does Terri. Sometimes it's easy to go down the quick and easy route, especially with children. Maybe get a few extra 'good choice protein based' bits in that you can keep on hand for bad times like this...

But then again, it was a 'one off' and you did something you wouldn't normally...........

And i'm sorry to say this, but your hubbys a cheeky buggar telling you you're eating too much, you know what you are doing. If he says something again send him to the kitchen to cook and plate it up for you :) xxx

I'm keeping a part of the freezer and fridge as 'mine' and have already started to work in this mindset... got my brain in training early... thanks to listening to you experienced bypassers... xxx:)

Keep smiling Karen! :)

Well I have to agree with hubby and others that I am eating too much.

As for choosing pizza - well as we all say my head wasn't bypassed and I obviously don't have the willpower to change.

Part of my trouble is that I can eat almost anything (barring fish, ham and some dry meats). I don't dump easily (or even at all usually) and I still crave all the bad things. Having a bypass hasn't changed that - they didn't flick a switch whilst they were in there to solve those issues. And lets face it, if I could have overcome cravings and bad choices myself I would have done it and saved £10k not needing the surgery.

So I guess what I'm saying is SOD IT! If I stay this weight now then fine. I wont allow myself to gain any more but I refuse to spend the rest of my life fretting over what I eat. I'm sick of the whole bleeding thing to be honest :(

Oh Karen... I have to say I would be able to eat 2 slices of pizza in one sitting, I seem to be able to eat much more than others at the same stage, I don't dump either but in a way I see that as a blessing, I can go out for dinners etc & not worry too much. I don't feel restriction not like I did in the early days & I'm getting in loads of protein, yesterday had 102g so I'm eating the right things to feel restriction but its just not happening!!

I'm back to logging everything in myfitnesspal & keeping my carbs below 40g per day which is the only way I lost weight before my op... I keep telling myself that if I have to diet to loose the weight then I'm hoping that wls has given me the tool to maintain when I get to goal as if I take my eye off the ball I only maintain & thats the bit that I struggle with the most!

I can't imagine how frustrated you feel but please I hope you feel better knowing that there are people out there just like you hun that can eat what I would call normal size portions. xxxx

(((hugs babes)))

Thanks Linzi hun.

It's nice to know there are other people on here that post-op struggle with portion sizes or the wrong choices. I really wish I was one of the "perfect" ones that could say no to anything remotely bad but I'm not.

Getting our heads in check is by far the hardest part... last week I spent a fair bit of time with my hand in the biscuit tin & its really hard when you don't dump like we don't but we are also learning babes & it will happen for us just maybe slower than the rest!

I have no doubt that you will get there but we'll just have to keep with the dieting mentality... I also feel its good to know that there are others out there feeling the same.

Please feel free, to text, pm or email me when ever you need too & we can help each other. xx

Thanks Linzi. I have a new mobile number - I will pm it to you.

Can I pick your brain too because I think you'll know the answer to this. Is it the more you are bypassed (ie 1.5m as opposed to 1m) the less you absorb? Or the other way around?

Back