• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Frustrated

Jacwat

Hi Everyone

I had my appointment at Sunderland on the 21st January and I was told that I would be discussed at MDT in next week - 10 days. I still have not heard anything and I am really starting to worry now that I have been turned down. I cant stand this not knowing what's happening, I feel like my whole life is on hold! Sorry to whinge but feeling so anxious! :(

Isnt there a coordinator or secretary that you could call and ask?

Thanks Llora
I think I will give them a ring tomorrow. Not sure who I need to speak to but I am sure someone should know! its just the not knowing!

Thanks Llora I think I will give them a ring tomorrow. Not sure who I need to speak to but I am sure someone should know! its just the not knowing!

I'd just ring the consultants secretary, but be warned they fobbed me off loads xx

I'd just ring the consultants secretary, but be warned they fobbed me off loads xx

Thanks Sally, how you doing? Did you wait long from MDT? Hope your doing ok. Jackie
x

In total it took 14 months from group seminar for me. I'm 2 weeks post op but things are going well thanks x

Just wanted to say good luck x

I must admit I've been really lucky at North Tees, although I still have to wait for appointments, my appointment for the next time has been made on the day, so I have never had any of the 'will I hear something today' worries! It has certainly made things less stressful!

Hope you hear something soon

Aud xx

I must admit I've been really lucky at North Tees, although I still have to wait for appointments, my appointment for the next time has been made on the day, so I have never had any of the 'will I hear something today' worries! It has certainly made things less stressful!

Hope you hear something soon

Aud xx

Thanks Aud
I rang them yesterday and my notes were still in MDT and had only been discussed on Monday! So frustrating! I have loads of things coming up in next couple of months with work, so would be ideal if like you, I just had the appointment dates. My life is on hold!
Anyway, how you doing? x

At least you know you've definitely been discussed at mdt - that's a step forward!! Once you've got your letter confirming (I think mine took 1-2 weeks) you can hound the appointment line for your next appointment.
Fingers crossed they don't keep you hanging on too long x

Don't know if you've seen but we've been planning a meet up next week, Wednesday 10.30 if you can make it??? There's a thread called hartlepool coffee time.....

WLS I'm ok - if I haven't put any weight on ( I haven't ) I'll be listed next week. The consultant told me this at my last appointment and I also have it in writing! He said surgery will probably be the end of April beginning of May time, which suits me perfectly. I've been able to organise my life around these dates.

On the downside I've developed high blood pressure, which is giving me a terrible headache, my BP has historically always been low, so it's a bit of a concern. I've also had pains in my chest and shoulder which I put down to gastritis, GP not happy with this so having lots of tests this week!
I'm sure it's all probably weight related!

Hope you can make next week for a proper catch up! Xx

Thanks Aud
I rang them yesterday and my notes were still in MDT and had only been discussed on Monday! So frustrating! I have loads of things coming up in next couple of months with work, so would be ideal if like you, I just had the appointment dates. My life is on hold!
Anyway, how you doing? x

Hi, I am not from your neck of the woods but I could share your frustrations! It is a drip feed isn't it - I my MDT meeting was scheduled for 2 weeks ago and they called me today to say I would be getting letters in due course with pre op appointments in March and surgery might be April/May or June depending on the beds/theatre space etc. Then they said my pre ops last for 6 weeks and if surgery is later than 6 weeks I will be booked back in for more pre op swabs. My employer will eventually have a fit and I will run out of annual leave to cover the appointments!!!!!!
All worth it - I got myself into this mess - I guess I have to expect it wont be easy to get myself out of this mess - hope you hear soon :):jelous:

Hi, I am not from your neck of the woods but I could share your frustrations! It is a drip feed isn't it - I my MDT meeting was scheduled for 2 weeks ago and they called me today to say I would be getting letters in due course with pre op appointments in March and surgery might be April/May or June depending on the beds/theatre space etc. Then they said my pre ops last for 6 weeks and if surgery is later than 6 weeks I will be booked back in for more pre op swabs. My employer will eventually have a fit and I will run out of annual leave to cover the appointments!!!!!!
All worth it - I got myself into this mess - I guess I have to expect it wont be easy to get myself out of this mess - hope you hear soon :):jelous:

Hi Debs
Nice to know your not the only one going through this isn't it? I got a letter today and it said, 'your case was discussed by MDT and next course of action is to be reviewed in clinic'. That is it!!!!!!! What the hell???? Then I got a further letter asking me if I would like to take part in the By-band study? Does this mean that surgery has been approved? Good luck to you x

Who knows honey - I am thinking its a fog knitting experience! lol
What I cannot quite believe is how this part of the 'journey' is affecting me. I've regressed to the emotional helpless foot stomping teen who is demanding and self absorbed. One minute I am quite pragmatic - next minute I am more dramatic than ruddy Eastenders!!
I am normally a nice fat middle aged bird who works in a responsible role drama free.
Now I am like sesame streets big bird tripping on LSD!!!

Please put us out of our misery soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Who knows honey - I am thinking its a fog knitting experience! lol
What I cannot quite believe is how this part of the 'journey' is affecting me. I've regressed to the emotional helpless foot stomping teen who is demanding and self absorbed. One minute I am quite pragmatic - next minute I am more dramatic than ruddy Eastenders!!
I am normally a nice fat middle aged bird who works in a responsible role drama free.
Now I am like sesame streets big bird tripping on LSD!!!

Please put us out of our misery soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ha ha ha!, this made me laugh Debs! I know what you mean, I cant make a decision at the minute. I am trying to keep focussed at work and its impossible. I cant wait until its over and its not the first and last thing I think about during the day!
Keep me posted
Jackie x

What surgery do you feel you want ? I am consented for the sleeve as I outlined that was my preference - but we all have different ideas and I find that fascinating also - is weird how we all take the same facts and information and map it very differently into our own worlds

Lets hope tomorrow we can not think about it for 1 minute.

I am obsessed!!

Back