• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Furry Teeth Argh!

Deets

hello all,

ive got an issue thats really begining to annoy me!

im 2 weeks post op (had a sleeve), started puree yesterday. For the last 3 days ive had furry teeth :( Feels like i havent brushed them!

Ive brushed my teeth so much ive made my gums bleed now :eek:

Can anyone help? Why are my teeth furry? And how can i stop them being that way?

thanking you :D x

I haven't come across that before Deets.. have you tried a different toothpaste precious? xxx

ive used the same toothpaste for about 5 years and no probs - im certain its something to do with the surgery!! feels like ive got plaque on the inside of my teeth :( x

Hi ya I got a very dry mouth all I can suggest is that u keep sipping ur water sorry that's all I can think off good luck on ur journey i'm 6 week post op now going on to normal food Monday that should be fun ..... Not still struggle to get some food down .
Anyway good luck xx

Janelouise is right. Keep brushing your teeth and getting your fluids in. I remember when i first joined mini's that people complained of furry mouths/tongues/teeth and it is not uncommon amongst post oppers although i've not heard it lately.....

It will pass. Get yourself some sugar free mints to suck and be patient sweet xx

I remember after surgery my mouth was horrible, I used to clean my Tongue with one of those tongue things..lol
It helped as it made my mouth feel fresher x

Reactions: Bev
I know what you mean, for me its just behind my 2 top front teeth.

I'm just brushing and using mouthwash and it does seem to help, but hasn't removed it completely. I can only imagine its because we're not having to use that part of our mouths the way we used to. No food really goes near there while I eat.
We haven't got too long to wait til we can chew again so hopefully that will get them back to normal. Don't be too rough with them. Have you got any boiled sweets you could try sucking, that might help.

Furry teeth.....hmm nice :eek: lol....I hope you get rid of it it sounds horrible....I know when I was on the milk diet my mouth was rank! But since surgery Ive been ok XX

Hi there, I had a furry black Tongue which had me a bit worried. But using an electric toothbrush got rid of it and the furry teeth. Hang in there it gets better xx

I have a very dry mouth and wake with what feels like a mouthful of sand!I am trying to up the liquids but feel so bloated a sick of water/nas!Maz x

Hi there, I had a furry black Tongue which had me a bit worried. But using an electric toothbrush got rid of it and the furry teeth. Hang in there it gets better xx

so far my tongue is fine! i may have panicked if it had turned black! Why did it go black jinjanut??

I have a very dry mouth and wake with what feels like a mouthful of sand!I am trying to up the liquids but feel so bloated a sick of water/nas!Maz x

Im constantly drinking trying to get my water in, but i wasnt much of a drinker before so im struggling. An options hot choc helps my mouth settle in the morning :D x

my teeth the same it must be surgery or the fact we on pureed food and not chewing i hope anyway xxx

oo jinjanut, liquid iron hey? sounds lovely...:jelous:

im sucking all day long...shame im single really :8855:

Seriously though, smints all the way, they're sugar free and make my breath smell less :D have resigned myself to the fact my teeth will feel this way for a little while x

Back