• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Plication (wrap) booked....in UK!

I went home Sunday….listen to your body…if you feel ready to go home then thats the time to go….

I've had no probs since coming home, I don't currently live in England but I have had excellent support from Mr Ammori I can contact him anytime and he drops me a line every so often to ask how I'm doing. To be honest though the surgery has been just what I needed..I have control and my view of food has really changed….instead of it ruling me….its just fuel to keep me healthy. :)

XXX

Thats wonderful!
I just can't wait for food not to rule me any longer! I am treating this op as a tool to help me change my whole outlook!

I hope all goes well for you both tomorrow…..you're in expert hands….keep me posted on your progress!!! Its nice to have some other UK wrap patients…. :)

XXX

Thank you!

All booked in and waiting to see the nurse. I slept surprisingly well last night! Still don't know what time I'll be in though! Oooh getting nervous now!

KT73 said:
I'm guessing you'll be all done now.....hope you're feeling ok???

XXX

Yes all done and dusted. Bit sore, bit of wind...but surprisingly loving peppermint tea and I'm allowed home today! Not sure if that'll be a good or a bad thing with a 5 year old at home, but I'm missing her so much I don't care!

Thats fantastic….so pleased you're not feeling too bad….the weight will be dropping off you before you know it…keep me posted on your progress...:)

My advice to alleviate the wind pain that affected my shoulder and upper chest area is be as up and mobile as you can manage….and make sure you follow all the post op advice...it lasted about a week for me…but everyone is different

XXX

Glad to hear it all went well Sarah. Take it easy if you're going home, just recovering from the GA will have you up and down with your energy, so rest as much as you can.

Let us know how you're getting on x

Rough! :-( can't shift the wind...walking the carpet bare! Haha! Still can't get much liquid in. how long did it take before you could start getting fluid in?

Awwww...bless you...the wind is a pain....quite literally!! Keep up with your pain relief! And your doing the right thing getting as mobile as you can.

I spent my whole time with a bottle of water in hand....constantly taking little sips....you need to try hard with fluid...if you become dehydrated you really will feel rough. There are sachets you can by....I think I got them from Asda....you add to plain water to give flavour and they also have a certain amount of vitamins...they're called Wahoo...they do citrus and summer berry flavours..
At this stage fluid is much more important than liquidy food. How you coping with your Clexane injections and sexy anti embolism stockings...lol...

Just to keep you focused that you've defo made the right decision....I'm now 9 wks post op and only have another pound to go and I'll be 3stone down...woop woop.. :)

XXX

Awwww...bless you...the wind is a pain....quite literally!! Keep up with your pain relief! And your doing the right thing getting as mobile as you can.

I spent my whole time with a bottle of water in hand....constantly taking little sips....you need to try hard with fluid...if you become dehydrated you really will feel rough. There are sachets you can by....I think I got them from Asda....you add to plain water to give flavour and they also have a certain amount of vitamins...they're called Wahoo...they do citrus and summer berry flavours..
At this stage fluid is much more important than liquidy food. How you coping with your Clexane injections and sexy anti embolism stockings...lol...

Just to keep you focused that you've defo made the right decision....I'm now 9 wks post op and only have another pound to go and I'll be 3stone down...woop woop.. :)

XXX

Wow! That's a brill weight loss! Must say I am becoming quite attached to my sexy stockings! Haha ! The injections are fine, stuff like that doesn't bother me! I'll definitely look out for the vitamin powders....although not sure if I'll be a fan, i remember having something like that as a child...it put be off blackcurrant for life! haha!
At the moment I seem to be full up on my soluble tablets and might get a few sips of peppermint tea in in between, so i'll work on increasing that for the next few days!
I'm not hungry or thirsty at all, but i am getting frustrated when I watch my daughter and husband eat just because I want to taste something! :jelous:

It is tough with the fluid, especially as the wind makes you even less interested in drinking. I'm just over a week post op and can now do about half a tin of soup in one session.

As KT says, keep sipping all day, it will get better.

I'm not hungry or thirsty at all, but i am getting frustrated when I watch my daughter and husband eat just because I want to taste something! :jelous:

Maybe try sucking on an icepop?

I bought windeze for the wind pain, you can get them in little gel capsules and I could take them ok.

Maybe try sucking on an icepop?

I bought windeze for the wind pain, you can get them in little gel capsules and I could take them ok.

I had thought about an ice pop or cube to see if I could manage, might make a few flavours in a mo! I'm sure I've got some defletine here as I quite often suffer with trapped wind in my chest which is why i thought this would be like a walk in the park.....but it's completely different!

The wind pain took me by surprise too....I have quite a high pain threshold.....but its like this intense nagging pain that no matter what you do you can't get rid of...has to work its way out of your system sadly... :-(

The water vit powders were ok...just tasted like flavoured water to me. To be honest I didn't start to miss the texture of food until about 2wks...and by that time I was on puree....

Wobbletogo's idea of the flavoured ice cubes are a good one..you'll get the sensation of eating something.. :)

On a serious note though....REALLY try hard with your fluids...I know how difficult it is....but dehydration is a bad thing....(sounds a bit odd) but your wee tells you how hydrated you are...nice and clear means well hydrated....straw coloured and strong smelling means you need to drink more...

XXX

Forgot to say….hope all goes well for you both.. :)

XXX
Hi there only just seen your message - must try harder to find my way around this site! Thanks for good wishes. All done and dusted now and feeling good so fingers crossed I get same weight loss as you! How do tou feel now? Are you back on solid food? x

XXX

That's a fantastic weight loss, did you start exercising too? Are you on MFP so your daily diet can be seen?

Back