• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Plication (wrap) booked....in UK!

Hi Gillykit & Wobbletogo….I followed the dieticians instructions to the letter….It'll be 10wks for me on Friday…..lifes pretty much back to normal for me…I eat the same as the rest of the family…only much much less!! Strangely my diet is much healthier…it has to be with little room for anything more. I have had chocolate…but instead of every day…and craving..it is a small treat.

With regards to exercise…I really need to up this…as apart from walking….I haven't endeavoured on much more than this…but in my defence I do work long hrs. I plan to start swimming now I fit into a swimming costume…lol… :)

The first 4 wks were the hardest…but now its easy…food doesn't rule my life anymore. I hope this surgery does the same for all of you guys as it has for me…its truly changed my life…but it is only a tool.. :)

Lotsa love and I hope your all feeling well… :)

XXX

I feel much better today :)
I have managed a petit filous with a touch of milk for breakfast and a glass of tomato juice for lunch and I've been a good girl sipping my water all morning. Might treat myself with an ice lolly later!
I feel really weak still but that is down to my extremely heavy period which I have had for 3 weeks. I have been advised by the nurde to stop the clexane injections to see if that helps.

Sararob23......feeling weak is very common as I'm sure you'll know due to lack of calories...and with surgery like we've had....it often affects periods....it sounds like you're doing much better with your fluid intake....Jenny (prof's dietician) advised me to try 'latte' coffees etc to build up the calories and attempt to help the 'weakness' side of things.

Honestly...each day will get better and better.....and all the time you'll be losing weight... :)

XX

Sararob23......feeling weak is very common as I'm sure you'll know due to lack of calories...and with surgery like we've had....it often affects periods....it sounds like you're doing much better with your fluid intake....Jenny (prof's dietician) advised me to try 'latte' coffees etc to build up the calories and attempt to help the 'weakness' side of things.

Honestly...each day will get better and better.....and all the time you'll be losing weight... :)

XX

:) Today has been much closer to the type of day I was expecting. I feel like I have actually had something at meal times which has relaxed me a bit. I feel like I am on the right track now I am able to manage slightly thicker liquids! Can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow to see what my first weeks weight loss has been!

Just wondering how Sararob23 & Gillykit are getting on??? Good I hope...and things are getting much easier :)

XXX

KT73 said:
Just wondering how Sararob23 & Gillykit are getting on??? Good I hope...and things are getting much easier :)

XXX

I'm fine thanks. x
Seems to be healing well, wind all but gone and having structured meal times. I have even made myself a lovely fish soup for tea as I'm making salmon for the rest of the family and was feeling jelous! I can't wait to eat it now. Put plenty of garlic in for an immunity boost and of course for a big flavour kick.
How have you been doing?

KT73 said:

XXX

I'm good thanks KT73 Felt a bit tired all weekend but probably because I did a coup,e of hours gardening on Thursday :) Making lots of soup and yearning for mashed potato! Roll on next weekend. How are you doing? x

sararob23 said:
I'm fine thanks. x
Seems to be healing well, wind all but gone and having structured meal times. I have even made myself a lovely fish soup for tea as I'm making salmon for the rest of the family and was feeling jelous! I can't wait to eat it now. Put plenty of garlic in for an immunity boost and of course for a big flavour kick.
How have you been doing?

Ooh that sounds yummy. Enjoy! :) x

Ladies....sounds like you're both doing really well....Gillykit...don't get over doing it...build up as you will get extremely tired. Sararob23....fish soup with tons of garlic sounds just the job...and structured mealtimes is good...brings normality to eating.. :)

Weight wise I appear to have stuck....but not to worried as I've had good losses up until now and most say that this happens...need to up my exercise now and hopefully that'll kick start things again...

Been on my exercise bike yesterday and will go again later....food wise I'm doing good like I said..eating the same as the rest of the family...only smaller portions.

XXX

sararob23 said:
I'm fine thanks. x
How have you been doing?

Hi Sararob how are you doing on your purée? Hope you're having a good week and are feeling good x

Gillykit said:
Hi Sararob how are you doing on your purée? Hope you're having a good week and are feeling good x

Feeling great thanks!
Back to work this week :-(
Puree seems to be satisfying me much more, although not sure if I'm having enough to eat so making a concerted effort to have my 6 small meals today.
I'm still having problems with my infected incision site. It's still yucky and the antibiotics have finished so may need to go back to the dr!
How are you?

sararob23 said:
Feeling great thanks!
Back to work this week :-(
Puree seems to be satisfying me much more, although not sure if I'm having enough to eat so making a concerted effort to have my 6 small meals today.
I'm still having problems with my infected incision site. It's still yucky and the antibiotics have finished so may need to go back to the dr!
How are you?

I'm doing great thanks :)
Had a very long day working last Friday - the downside of being self-employed! Tired me out for the weekend but working from home most of this week so easing myself in gently! Hope it's not too awful for you.
Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your incision site :( hope it clears up soon.
I'm trying to stick to 600 calories and some days have actually been over, which is a bit scary, and others I really struggle. Jennie didn't call me last week so will give her a ring this week to check I'm doing what I'm supposed to!
Got my 6 week check for 17th October - have you had yours through yet? x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm doing great thanks :)
Had a very long day working last Friday - the downside of being self-employed! Tired me out for the weekend but working from home most of this week so easing myself in gently! Hope it's not too awful for you.
Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your incision site :( hope it clears up soon.
I'm trying to stick to 600 calories and some days have actually been over, which is a bit scary, and others I really struggle. Jennie didn't call me last week so will give her a ring this week to check I'm doing what I'm supposed to!
Got my 6 week check for 17th October - have you had yours through yet? x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm having around 500 - 600 cals roughly! I'm forgetting to eat sometimes, but tend to feel more hungry in the evenings. I emailed Jennie last Friday to see if I was OK to go onto puree. She emailed back and said yes, but said she'd call this week. I had a missed call yesterday but nothing today.
My 6 week check is for 10th October.

Sounds like you ladies are both doing well…..keep up the good work….it only gets better and better… :)

Yeah doing well. Although struggling to find any puree foods that take my fancy.
Any ideas would be appriciated :)

sararob23 said:
Yeah doing well. Although struggling to find any puree foods that take my fancy.
Any ideas would be appriciated :)

I was struggling too but home made corned beef hash puréed was lovely and I've just puréed a small tin of M&S stewed steak and some mash which was yummy but will
probably last me all weekend LOL Tried some Weight Watchers fish pie puréed but it tasted too chemical so been making my own stuff. Low fat custard and apple purée is nice too :) Glad you're doing well - how's the infected wound?

I had this idea when it came to pureed food that it had to be all mushy like baby food, but have since discovered that as long as it's soft and chewable it's fine.

I have brought my steamer out of retirement and had steamed salmon with brocolli and cauliflower cheese, yum! I often have scrambled egg, with some form of meat or fish. I have melted cheese into some soups and had spaghetti bolognese and sausage casserole with baked beans :)

My dietician said whilst struggling to get enough calories, to worry less at this stage about levels of protein and carbs. Otherwise you won't have any energy.

One tip she gave though is to add skimmed milk powder to soups and sauces, it doesn't change the flavour but increases the protein level of the meal.

My main problem now is the food is so yummy I end up eating just that bit too much and feel sick for about an hour after, so have to pull back on amount (even though my dinners sizes are about the size of a tangerine!!)

Good luck, hope you find soft foods you like.

Gillykit said:
I was struggling too but home made corned beef hash puréed was lovely and I've just puréed a small tin of M&S stewed steak and some mash which was yummy but will
probably last me all weekend LOL Tried some Weight Watchers fish pie puréed but it tasted too chemical so been making my own stuff. Low fat custard and apple purée is nice too :) Glad you're doing well - how's the infected wound?

Corned beef hash is on this weekends menu, and will probably last me for 5 or 6 meals, as well as feeding my hubby and daughter. I did the same with shepherds piece last week. Just got a bit bored of it....especially as I'm more into spicy meals.
I agree with the ready meals, they just don't taste right pureed.
Lf custard has been my saviour, think ive had some most days. Ive been having it warm because it seems more luxurious :)

Wobbletogo said:
I had this idea when it came to pureed food that it had to be all mushy like baby food, but have since discovered that as long as it's soft and chewable it's fine.

I have brought my steamer out of retirement and had steamed salmon with brocolli and cauliflower cheese, yum! I often have scrambled egg, with some form of meat or fish. I have melted cheese into some soups and had spaghetti bolognese and sausage casserole with baked beans :)

My dietician said whilst struggling to get enough calories, to worry less at this stage about levels of protein and carbs. Otherwise you won't have any energy.

One tip she gave though is to add skimmed milk powder to soups and sauces, it doesn't change the flavour but increases the protein level of the meal.

My main problem now is the food is so yummy I end up eating just that bit too much and feel sick for about an hour after, so have to pull back on amount (even though my dinners sizes are about the size of a tangerine!!)

Good luck, hope you find soft foods you like.

I felt like that last night! I treated myself to a couple of spoons of my hubbys chinese chicken curry. I did puree it and did the rice separate. I only added a tiny bit of chicken to avoid the horrible texture but had quite a few onions. It was flipping amazing. I probably could have carried on eating it because after pureed broccoli 3 nights in a row, this was a taste sensation :)
I did stop myself though and managed to leave enough to do me another meal. So it's In the freezer waiting for me when im in another flavour drought!

Like you my dietitian said not to worry too much at this stage about cals etc. there are things to avoid like chocolate and ice cream but the odd treat to keep me satisfied is ok.

I'm avoiding having the sofer foods that you mentioned because I have to do another 2 weeks on those types of food after puree and I don't want to find myself fed up of them before hand! But thanks for the ideas for when I am :)

By the way gillykit, the wounds is getting there slowly. The dr has given me dressings to dry it out and a really thick hypoallergenic one to cover and strengthen the area, so it hasnt hurt too much sat at my desk the last couple of days either :)
Thanks x

Back