• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One week today...

Hi Kat,
Thanks for your lovely message. I am on C31 too! How organised are you, thinking about thermals? I'll let you know if you'll be toasty or not!!
See you soon
Lisa x

hehe so you will have caraline and me arriving on Monday! How are you doing hon? Got my fingers crossed for you. Heaps of hugs and a speedy recovery to you xx

Kat x

Thank you! I'm totally fine and calm. Not nervous at all strangely. I've had a wobbly week, swinging between snapping everyone's head off to crying over the slightest thing so this zen-like state's a welcome relief! Can't wait to see you both, you've both kept me going so it'll be nice to have a chance to thank you in person xx

Massive hugs lisa, I will need a hug be-leave me, I am shitting myself now. excuse the French x

I hope that's why.. as I have no other medical problems (apart from the odd sore knee, underactive thyroid & PCOS) but none of these conditions are deemed serious from an operational point of view. The bariatric nurse said that in her experience sleeve patients need to be monitored that bit longer. She said by day 2 all my drips will be out and I will be fine for visitors so assume it's just a precaution. She added that if I'm really feeling well enough I can go home then if I want so suck it and see.

Oh and they want me to come in the night before surgery as I'm first on the list in the morning and will struggle to get there by 7.30am and get my kids to school so hubby will drive me down there Monday night and I will be all ready to go first thing Tues morning.

Hi Triedeverything, i will be right behind you, having my band at 2pm in the QA so will be in with you, good luck, see you on the other side! x

Hi Kat,
Thanks for your lovely message. I am on C31 too! How organised are you, thinking about thermals? I'll let you know if you'll be toasty or not!!
See you soon
Lisa x

Lol not that organised.. Bit of scatter brain to be honest, but I try to be organised to combat it! I have to have lists else i am like a headless chicken. Squarking and panic overload lol. Seriously freezing, I think is the worse part of the milk diet. Just can not get warm. Good luck tomorrow with your op hon.

Hehe monday afternoon when you hear a Southerner with yorkshire tones that will be me!

Take care

Nervous Kat
x

I ya will lisa x

So, here I am in ward C31, waiting for tomorrow. My op's at 1.
So far I've had bloods taken, had an injection into my stomach for clotting, had my chest sounded and...that's it!
The wards are warm, the staff are lovely and at the minute I'm not scared at all! X

Thats great lisa, at least you warm. Did the needle in ya stomach hurt. Lmao am a wimp I no x

So, here I am in ward C31, waiting for tomorrow. My op's at 1.
So far I've had bloods taken, had an injection into my stomach for clotting, had my chest sounded and...that's it!
The wards are warm, the staff are lovely and at the minute I'm not scared at all! X

Good luck for tomorrow Lisa xx

good luck for tomorrow. we are all right behind you. literally!! most of us ladies are due for the op around the 21st. have been out today and got a few bits and pieces as recommended by the ladies on this site. all eventualities have been covered. well I once was a girl guide so you have to be prepared for these things. ha ha. actually i'm bricking it. now its here I cant believe I only have 3 more sleeps. been hot then cold today. my body has been like my mind. confident then not. seen my oldest daughter with grandson. big hugs and a little tearful. my other daughter has finally got an appt on Wednesday for her broken wrist and I'm sad not to be there for her. had a horrible dream last night that in the op I could feel everything and couldn't tell anyone. has anyone else had these type of dreams? well i'm babbling again. once again good luck to everyone and see you on the other side. that seems a bit spiritual but you all know what I mean....

Angela

Angela, you're feelings are totally normal. My dream was that I argued on my way to the theatre with the surgeon because he wouldn't let me wear knickers!!! X

Bloodyhell Ang! I would be past myself having a dream like that. But I think its because you are thinking about the opp more. Not much longer to wait x

Lmao lisa! X

Good luck on the 21st, I am scheduled on the 22nd for the sleeve as well.

Here in the US I have not heard of the Marmite drink, I have to start on Monday consuming full liquids only and then the day before only clear liquids.

I started this journey (1/11/13) only feeling excited but now that it is only days away my strongest feeling is anxiety.

Thanks ready4life2, There is quite a few of us getting done on the 21st. Good luck on your opp too x

Good luck Lisa your gonna be fine :). Hope you have a speedy recovery. x

Back