• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One week today...

Lisa-Em

I will have been done by this time next week. I'm 95% terrified and 5% excited. My main worry now is a leak, I've convinced myself that the anaesthetic will be ok (nearly), but I don't know whether SRH do a leak test or not, which is fuelling my terror. I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow afternoon at SRH so I'm planning on asking there. So far on the liver-reducing diet I've lost 9lb in 5 days. It's the non-milk one.
Sorry for rambling...it's nerves! X

I am thinking the same as you hun. So nervous right now :( I'm starting my low carb pre op diet tomorrow.

Good luck with your pre op and op hun xx

Girls you'll be fine. Think positive :)

Good luck to you both, Glad your non milk diet went well Lisa-Em because that's the one I'll be doing hopefully , as I hate milk, I'm sure you will both be fine

lindy62

I will have been done by this time next week. I'm 95% terrified and 5% excited. My main worry now is a leak, I've convinced myself that the anaesthetic will be ok (nearly), but I don't know whether SRH do a leak test or not, which is fuelling my terror. I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow afternoon at SRH so I'm planning on asking there. So far on the liver-reducing diet I've lost 9lb in 5 days. It's the non-milk one.

Aww Good luck hon x x x

Thanks Kat and Lindy.
The pre-op went fine, I had to answer some questions, was weighed, had bp taken (which was initially through the roof with nerves :-/ ), had swabs taken for MRSA (and had to swab myself in an intimate area) and had about 7 lots of bloods taken.
I feel less anxious about the anaesthetic now, as all of the bloods are to establish what's going on internally so the anaesthetist can do his/her job properly. I didn't know any of this before, so I hope I'm not boring you all!! Still didn't get a chance to ask about the leak test, so I'm going to ring and ask in a while.
X

Glad the pre op appt went well hun x

Good luck for Sunday :)

Thanks JoJo. It's coming up scarily fast! x
Just wanted to wish you all the best for Sunday hon. Will be thinking of you.
Kat
x

Glad everything went well at your pre op. Thanks for that tel number, I rang and they said I should'nt have long to wait because the waiting time for sleeve is much shorter and also if I have no problems and am able to do a weekend it may be quite soon, so good news for me, but I'm still keeping an eye this time so they dont forget again.

lindy62

That's great news Lindy. I'm having a weekend operation and haven't waited long at all, so keep ringing them! X

Day 1 of milk diet... urrghh feel really really hungry. Not had my 'dinner' yet of a marmite drink and still have 2 pints of milk to go. Still had to cook the kids tea, that was tough. Band rehearsals tonight, no idea how I'll get through it as am a bit grumpy! Honestly I should be able to cope a day without food, dear me. I hope this improves!

You can do it triedeverything x

Me too, 2pm on the 21st, am so v v nervous and a little bit excited, just trying to hold out on the milk diet, my nerves come in bouts one minute I am okay and getting on okay, the next I am considering cancelling!

Ramble away - I may well join you!

ems x

Wont be long now lisa. Good luck hunny x

Back