• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One week today...

Lisa-Em

Me too, 2pm on the 21st, am so v v nervous and a little bit excited, just trying to hold out on the milk diet, my nerves come in bouts one minute I am okay and getting on okay, the next I am considering cancelling!

Ramble away - I may well join you!

ems x

Gems I'm exactly the same, thinking if I've done this well on the pre-op diet then maybe I can do this myself, then remembering how many times I've thought that over the last 20 years. I'm less anxious today than yesterday but Sunday's drawing nearer. Eeek! X

lindy62

Not many sleeps left Lisa-em, bet your excited. Lisa-em do SRH have their own site do you know, just there does'nt seem many on here from Sunderland .

triedeverything

Hey May girls.. just done a pretty long drive down to Portsmouth for my pre-op at the Queen Alexandra. They were all very nice, and I had an ECG, weight check and bloods done plus went through all the usual medical questions.

She told me that most Sleeve patients need a bit longer in hospital than other WLS types.. she said I could be in for 3 or 4 nights. That changes things for me as I had been told 2 nights and was going to tell my kids that I was just going away on a spa break and would be returning to a strict low cal diet. I now need to re-think this as I will be going in on Tues and possibly not leaving until Friday so will likely be spending my birthday in hospital.. great. This will mean more to my girls than it will to me as they want to make a fuss of me so now need to decide whether to tell them so that hubby can bring them down to see me.

It's all worth it I'm sure but I am pretty scared now though have to say.

caraline

Aww hun sounds like you have to make some decisions. Am sure your bairns will want a happy and fit mammy, who can do lots of special outings. Without been worn out. Good luck triedeverthing x

SleeveGirl

Hi triedeverything, glad the pre op went well.
I am surprised about the stay in hospital, I thought it was 2 night as well. How old are your kids? x

triedeverything

I know the longer stay was a surprise to me too! Well my kids are way old enough to discuss this rationally so I told them after school and they were surprisingly ok with it, although not happy I'm doing it, they seemed to understand why I want this so much and know how stressed I always am about my weight. They are 13 and 10. My 10 year old said she loves her mum being all cuddly and snuggle times won't be the same if I'm all bony! lols

Oh well the good thing is they know now and I could explain how mum won't be able to drive them around during half-term, that's gonna be interesting. Anyone know how long we can't drive for after the Sleeve op? I forgot to ask.

Cheers, x

SleeveGirl

Aww that's great hun, glad they were ok xx

Lisa-Em

I'm pleased your pre-op was all good news and that the girls are understanding.
I have a friend who's sleeved and she was able to drive after a week. On the subject of hospital stay I have been told 2 nights as well, unless there are complications. Maybe it's because you're so far away from the hospital that they're taking extra precautions? X

triedeverything

I hope that's why.. as I have no other medical problems (apart from the odd sore knee, underactive thyroid & PCOS) but none of these conditions are deemed serious from an operational point of view. The bariatric nurse said that in her experience sleeve patients need to be monitored that bit longer. She said by day 2 all my drips will be out and I will be fine for visitors so assume it's just a precaution. She added that if I'm really feeling well enough I can go home then if I want so suck it and see.

Oh and they want me to come in the night before surgery as I'm first on the list in the morning and will struggle to get there by 7.30am and get my kids to school so hubby will drive me down there Monday night and I will be all ready to go first thing Tues morning.

Lisa-Em

Lindy, sorry chick, I'm not sure whether there's a dedicated SRH group, but there are regular meet-ups. Sorry I can't help :-( x

Lisa-Em

I hope that's why.. as I have no other medical problems (apart from the odd sore knee, underactive thyroid & PCOS) but none of these conditions are deemed serious from an operational point of view. The bariatric nurse said that in her experience sleeve patients need to be monitored that bit longer. She said by day 2 all my drips will be out and I will be fine for visitors so assume it's just a precaution. She added that if I'm really feeling well enough I can go home then if I want so suck it and see.

Oh and they want me to come in the night before surgery as I'm first on the list in the morning and will struggle to get there by 7.30am and get my kids to school so hubby will drive me down there Monday night and I will be all ready to go first thing Tues morning.

First on the list is good, saves waiting around! My op is on Sunday but I'm going into hospital at 2pm Saturday. Extra monitoring can only be a good thing. Are you NHS or private?

caraline

I am so pleased everything has worked out fab for you hun. Its great that your bairns understood about the opp. wont be much longer now and we will all be on that losers bench x

Lisa-Em

...dropped off a gift bag full of books, a smelly candle, magazines and nail polish with a lovely card. I've had a little weep! X

SleeveGirl

Awww how lovely is that!! :) x

kelly1

Hi hun! I was first on the list for my sleeve and left after one night! Nurse said that's normal for the first on the list as they have longer to recover during the day! Surely a bypasser would be longer? How strange! I drove after a week, yet told me I could drive as long as I could do an emergency stop. Well all my scars are at the top of my tummy and one on my breast bone so driving isn't a problem anyway to be honest! I'm 9 days post sleeve and feel completely normal again! Bit nauseous now and again and I burp alot (attractive I know lol) but that's it!! I love my sleeve!! So don't worry, all will be fine :) xx

South Beach

Good Luck for this weekend Lisa-em.

...dropped off a gift bag full of books, a smelly candle, magazines and nail polish with a lovely card. I've had a little weep! X

Aw that is soo sweet of your friend. :)

Just wanted to wish you luck for this weekend hon. If able to post on Saturday if bored on the ward any tips on whether we will need thermals would be good! :eek:

Take care and we will be able to say howdy on Monday. Are you on ward C31 too?

take care
Kat
x

Lisa-Em

Aw that is soo sweet of your friend. :)

Just wanted to wish you luck for this weekend hon. If able to post on Saturday if bored on the ward any tips on whether we will need thermals would be good! :eek:

Take care and we will be able to say howdy on Monday. Are you on ward C31 too?

take care
Kat
x

Hi Kat,
Thanks for your lovely message. I am on C31 too! How organised are you, thinking about thermals? I'll let you know if you'll be toasty or not!!
See you soon
Lisa x