• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going Private

Sappho

Hi Guys

No luck with the NHS so I am going private with a band. Could those of you who have had a band done privately give me any advice on the best providers, what questions to ask etc. I am thinking of the hospital group as they have places near to me but I would really like to have the "through the belly button" proceedure and I they dont do that. Any thoughts , advice etc greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hiya

Another memeber on here 32mbe I think is her name had the through the belly button procedure. Hopefully she will see this and be able to advise.

I had my band done through the WLS Group and I am 100% happy with everything pre and post op!

Maz

Had my done at BMI hospital (The Hampshire Clinic) keyhole surgery and my surgeon was Shaw Somers. All going well but slow.

Last edited:
good luck xx

Sorry to hijack this thread Sappho, but added to your questions could someone also give an idea of cost if paid for privately and does anyone offer interest feee options??

I am not having a band but a bypass. I am going through Healthier Weight and I cannot fault them. They have been amazing to work with.

My eating habits to be honest. I am not a volume eater. I like my sweets and so forth. The bypass is the right one for me. Plus, to be honest, I also didn't want to faff about with band fills and trying to find the sweet spot in regards to restriction levels.

Hi

im having my band done at the nuffield in leeds.

i chose them as for me they not to far from where i live and they offer quiet a good aftercare package.

my sister whos a nurse also worked with my surgeon and recommended him to me.

i just rang up and asked there advice about how to go about it and they were very helpful within a couple of days i had an appointment to see the consultant. Ive had to wait for my surgery as ive had swine flu and also had to fit it in round work but am now on the preop diet.

if you have anything you want to ask just ask.

sallie

I went with the wls group and paid £6200 with 3 years aftercare....and like Mazza am 100% happy with everyone and everything to do with my operation. Good luck

hi i also went with wlsg they are great and their aftercare is fab if your looking for a band provider look up on here about the hospital group as i havn`t seen 1 good report about their aftercare xheather

Hi Sappho, i had the single incision procedure with Healthier weight and have been so leased with pre op consultation re my particular issues and past history of eating etc.

I have one tiny scar inside my navel( which i can not hardly see so nobody else would notice) fully healed within days. No pain what so ever just a bit of wind which i was expecting over 3/4 days.
I went back to work on the Monday after the op on Sat,with out any problems was given the all clear to go back to the gym on the 2 wk check up. Worth the extra i paid £7950. early days yet re the fills etc but so far so good .

I got a band done through the Hospital Group and it cost £6,950 including 2 years after care including all band fills... Went to Birmingham and driver picked me up and brought me back to airport. Very impressed so far.... Had my op 9 days ago and healed well so far and back to work after 3 days... I couldn't get on NHS so decided to go private and think it will be the best decision I ever made... i had to pay upfront though as didn't want interest on payments etc...

I also had my band done with The hospital group, Paid £6,900 with aftercare, I've so far had 1 fill....Very happy with everything so far!!

Back