• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going Private

Hi

Had done my band done with THG a week ago. I know some people have had problems with them but I honestly can't fault them so far. From my op last Monday I've already had two unprompted phone calls from the nurse... am very happy!

Good luck with your surgery and hope you find a group you are happy with Sappho
Jay xx

Wow £10,500 ..............I really didn't think it would be that much!

I know Spire Southampton do the procedure for £8700 and Mr. Patel will do private patients at Kings Hospital in London for £8450.

I wanted a specific surgeon based on his experience and knowledge and had to pay extra for that.

I paid £10,500 for my bypass with surgicare and had my op at Spire Manchester with Mr Ammori. He is one of the best surgeons and I wanted to know that I was in the best hands possible.

Hope this helps.
Andrea x

I am exactly the same as Andrea! Same surgeon, same price and same hospital! Cannot fault them!

£10,500 is alot of money but worth every single penny!!!!!!!!!!

It is these sort of testimonials about Mr Ammori that make me so happy that I am booked in with him.

Hi
Im new to here, so finding my way around. I had my band with the Hospital Group under their Why Go Abroad price. The offer was £5450- but with no aftercare or fills. I just pay for fills as i go £125 and ive had two.
Im really considering buying a 12mth package with another group as i feel that ive been left to struggle,have nobody to ask for advice and feel a it lost.
So if you can get the best price including aftercare ,then that would be the best.
Thanks

Well I have had a chat on the phone with the hospital group and they seemed really nice. Also like the look of the WLS group. The local nuffield charge £150 for a consultation which has kinda put me off. Next stop Surgicare. I am now debating though after speaking to people about having the Bypass, I am just questioning the loan I would have to get and the risks (dont want to leave my child!), this is such a hard decision, I really want to go for it but it is so scary. I am thinking of the bypass more because my prob is an addition to sweet foods especially and hi fat foods and I know I can still eat these foods with a band.....

I can understand the risks. I have three children and I worry about leaving them. But my life will be significantly shorter if I don't do something about my eating and my weight.

Band

Hi

I had my Band fitted on 10 March 2009 with WLS group at a private hospital in Preston. I live in Leeds and have a monthly meeting with the lovely Wendy in Leeds. I paid £6000 for the band and 2 years aftercare but think they offer 3 years now.
I did a lot of research before making my decision and can say im very happy with WLS group. Evan if I dont need a band fill I always look forward to my monthly catch up with Wendy. Ive lost 5 stone in 7 months and my body fat % is now down to 13.1% down from 33.1%

I paid £4995 in April with the Hospital Group for a band but no aftercare at all and have to pay for all band fills/defills afterwards.

Hello
I am very luck and am having a band on the NHS, I have fought for my band as it is what I want, but when my surgeon said no and he woudl only do a bypass i was heartbroken but have to say when i read into it it did make some sence, no follow up fills etc... no replacement band should this one faulter, no risk of slippage, corrosion etc...
However my surgeon changed his mind and I am having a band should all go ahead ok.
I could never afford private unless we remortgaged "again" but of it were all to go pearshaped and i had to go private would I go for the band or bypass ....Mmmmmmmmm thats a tough one !!! the bypass is a dead cert to work where as the band can fail.
I dont want to upset anyone god I am having a band and will give my 100% all to make it work and there are 100's of success stories on here alone with the band.

Hey!

I had a bypass with WLSG and paid £9995. Can't fault them.

xxx

I had my band done with the Hospital Group, cost me £5,000, no after care, however my local PCT has picked up my band fills now so I have them done free of charge. I would NOT reccommend the Hospital Group. They are useless. They are fine why they are "reeling you in" but as soon as they have your cash, you are treated like crap and I know I am not the only one who has been treated this way by them. If you can afford it, go with the WLS Group, they are kinder, more professional and definately care about their patients.
MyNewLife:)

I used the hospital group and have found my experience with them appalling. Even though I have paid for the two year post op care they have been rubbish. Once they have your money you are on your own. Please take my advice and choose another provider, I wish I had!

I have chosen the Nuffield in Brentwood and its £7450 yes there is a consultant fee of £150 as well but once I met the surgeon and the team I felt really comfortable with them and for me that is important. I think I get all fils and 2 years aftercare for that money but they do have other chaper packages and they also do an interest free option but it is only over 1 year so the repayments would be really high. I cant say what the service is actually like as my op is not until next week but they do have a support group as well and do seem really caring.
Cheers
Stevie

I had my band done in Belgium through a well known company who apparantly offer fantastic aftercare. The band was badly placed and the UK nurse didn't see the problems with the band and blamed it on my eating. I was desperate and eventually a friend recommended Shaw Somers as she had seen him on TV. I have never seen the programme. He was superb and knew what the problem was right away. Even before the second op it was great to know it wasn't all in the mind.
He is a wonderful surgeon and his whole team are fantastic. I wasted so much money in my attempt to save some. I think the revision was about £6000. He went through 4 of the old scars.
I can call anytime and all the team have loads of experience. The nurses at St Richard's were superb. Worth every penny.

Back