• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gok Wan - Too Fat, Too Young

Sambucca

Ive just seen an advert for a programme with Gok Wan coming up on Tuesday at 9pm on channel 4.

I didnt realise Gok had been overweight himself. I think they said he had been 20 stones. He will be talking to overweight young people who are turning to surgery to lose weight.

Thought it might be worth a watch.

I like him will have to watch that! x

i will watch to, thanks.

i love gok !! will be watching that. i did know he used to be big but have never seen him talking about it so that will be really interesting

I met him in Cardiff a year ago, he was sitting outside Ba Orient in Cardiff Bay with Naoki Mori and Eve Myles from Torchwood. Then Burn Gorman joined them with his son but I digress ...

I had no idea he'd been fat, he's a rake in real life but very friendly. I am gonna watch this, it will fascinating to see what is said.

The Gokster was indeed as large as his personality in his yoof.

Thanks for this, Sam. Hey! Sam, I reckon when B44 posse have walked the walk, we should get Gokked. Mind you, I think your bangers might be the first set to faze him :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Thanks for this, Sam. Hey! Sam, I reckon when B44 posse have walked the walk, we should get Gokked. Mind you, I think your bangers might be the first set to faze him :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

What, these bangers? :banana dancer:

Could you imagine his face when he gets an eyeful of those!

This is taken from goks fan page on FB

Gok Wan, born in Leicester, is a British fashion consultant, author and television presenter of Anglo-Chinese heritage.

After receiving his diploma in performing arts at the Charles Keene College of Further Education, Leicester, Gok went on to enroll at the Central School of Speech and Drama studying Drama and Education, although he did not complete the course. Following that, he began working as a session hair and make-up artist and soon after moved into fashion styling. He was 21 stone (133 kg) in his teenage years he confessed, "I was really fat. It was not until his late teens that he started slimming down.

Over the last 10 years Gok has worked with many personalities and musicians including Bryan Ferry, All Saints, Damien Lewis, Erasure, Vanessa Mae, Wade Robson, Lauren Laverne, Wet Wet Wet, and Johnny Vaughan. His work has been published internationally in several magazines, which include Tatler, Glamour, Times Style, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, The Face, Afisha Mir, Clash and People. He has also worked with photographers such as Rankin, Mike Owen and Jason Joyce.

Gok has also worked as an "on-screen" fashion consultant on many television shows including: MTV Shakedown (MTV Europe), GMTV (ITV), LK Today (ITV), Big Brother's Little Brother (Channel 4), Battle of the Sexes (BBC1), The Wright Stuff (Channel 5), Make Me a Grown Up (Channel 4/T4), The Xtra Factor (ITV2) and T4 (Channel 4).

In 2006, Gok was approached by Channel 4 and asked to present his own fashion show, How to Look Good Naked. In addition, he wrote a book to accompany the series, entitled How to Look Good Naked: Shop for Your Shape and Look Amazing!, that was published in April 2007. A second series was commissioned and aired on Channel4 in early summer 2007. Along with the second series, he appeared on The New Paul O'Grady Show, in which he persuaded Paul O'Grady to "strip naked". A third series is currently airing on Channel 4.

Gok Wan lives in London and is openly gay. He mentioned this on the June 29, 2007, on Channel 4 UK's show 8 out of 10 cats "I would do Tony Blair" - although stating that both Gordon Brown and Tony Blair are "mingers".

His elder brother, Kwoklyn Wan, is an accomplished martial artist and teaches Jeet Kune Do at the Urban Martial Arts Academy based in Leicester.

Back