• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gok Wan - Too Fat, Too Young

Thanks for that - have Sky+ it.

thanks will set to record
didnt know he had ever been fat either
x

Just bumping this to remind you all that Gok is on at 9pm on Channel 4 tonight

only caught the last half hour of it as we had visitors (really should get v+) bought thought it was a really well done programme and showed that a lot of weight issues and overeating is emotionally lin,ked and not just because we sit and eat all day long cause we;ve got nothing better to do. I take my hat off to you Gok i love you even more now if only all this type programmes made me feel like this one did instead of wanting to kick the tv off its stand.

I love Gok but thought the prog was a bit lightweight and not sure where it was going - was it about Gok and his weight issues (if so not enough detail) or was it about overweight teens? Bit weird but enjoyable

I love Gok but thought the prog was a bit lightweight and not sure where it was going - was it about Gok and his weight issues (if so not enough detail) or was it about overweight teens? Bit weird but enjoyable
I enjoyed it, but agree there wasn't enough detail about how Gok lost the weight, and more importantly kept it off:D

Twas a bit all over the place...lacked focus and did not really contain any valuable information.

Shame...I like Gok....

I liked the programme. To be honest, I haven't really seen Gok before but he seems very down-to-earth & likeable - may become a fan!

The programme was inoffensive & lightweight, but DID coer some key, sensitive things. And I liked that they made a point that it wasn't the 'easy option' that is usually portrayed.

only caught the last half hour of it as we had visitors (really should get v+) bought thought it was a really well done programme and showed that a lot of weight issues and overeating is emotionally lin,ked and not just because we sit and eat all day long cause we;ve got nothing better to do. I take my hat off to you Gok i love you even more now if only all this type programmes made me feel like this one did instead of wanting to kick the tv off its stand.
If you have Virgin, it is on the catch up on demand

i totally agree with you.

yes that bit was good but on the other hand they made it look like an easy option. For example that 30 stone lad who was only 15 - surely he is too young for surgery? If he and his family don't understand about healthy eating (which they probably don't) BEFORE the op - what chance has he got after surgery? Perhaps it was just the way the prog was edited but it didn't show what else he had tried, who was buying all the food for him etc It worries me that kids might interpret surgery as an easy option when really they are too young to understand and are living with parents/carers who provide the wrong foods. (Remeber the half ton son!!)
Well done for Gok for coming out about his own problems but I think the prog was a bit of a mish mash with maybe just a teeny bit of sensationalism??
I loved the doctor who was advocating healthy family mealtimes and slowing down eating - good, practical, common sense advice!!

Reactions: Taz
I really enjoyed this programme, and I felt that Gok spoke to the children in a way they could relate to and so they opened up to him. I'm sure they probably told Gok things that they have kept covered up for years.

I did find it upsetting that these youngsters were suicidal because of their weight and the bullying they were having to encounter every day.

I'm already a big fan of Gok, and was lovely to see a different side of him.

yes that bit was good but on the other hand they made it look like an easy option. For example that 30 stone lad who was only 15 - surely he is too young for surgery? If he and his family don't understand about healthy eating (which they probably don't) BEFORE the op - what chance has he got after surgery? Perhaps it was just the way the prog was edited but it didn't show what else he had tried, who was buying all the food for him etc It worries me that kids might interpret surgery as an easy option when really they are too young to understand and are living with parents/carers who provide the wrong foods. (Remeber the half ton son!!)
Well done for Gok for coming out about his own problems but I think the prog was a bit of a mish mash with maybe just a teeny bit of sensationalism??
I loved the doctor who was advocating healthy family mealtimes and slowing down eating - good, practical, common sense advice!!
I absolutely agree, I have a friend who is waiting for a band and the process she has had to go through is a real tough one. It's by no means an easy option and I think these shows should make it more clear that it's not an easy option. I agree that the family should be taught healthy eating too

Back