• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My diary by Charliegirl

charliegirl

Decided to follow the example of some on here and do a weekly update. Back at work and finding it hard to get time to spend on here and by the time I have had a quick scoot through and updated one or two threads I get dragged off to do something else. The joys of working lousy shifts....so once I week I will update what I have been up to for any that might be interested.

Had my op on 8th November and now settled into a new routine of eating so much less and its bliss not to have my stomach rule my life and dictate when and were I can eat. I have to say one of the things I feared prior to the op was that I might get hungry and then feel sick. If I went too long before eating prior to surgery I would get a really bad sickly feeling which would then develope into a headache. I have to report that this does not happen. In fact my son asked if I ever felt sick with hunger as he knows how I used to feel before.

My weight is coming off steadily at a few pounds a week, and is coming off all over. Glad to say I do not think I will suffer with loose skin something I am grateful for as I would not want to fight the PCT for funding for surgery to correct this.

My attitude and optimism has improved ten fold, although this is not just down to the surgery. It was down to taking some time off work to work through some issues and lay them to rest. My sister is having some problems with depression and I offered my help, she said I had enough problems on my own and for the first time in my life I could say I have no problems at all! Never ever thought I could say that. I am enjoying my job and my home now and so looking forward to going down in clothes sizes. I will soon be in size 14's as just between sizes right now. I have started having my hair cut and coloured once a month at the hairdressers instead of doing it myself. I smile so much more and whilst before I never suffered fools gladly I still dont and wont take any prisoners.

Decided to start looking for a young man to have in my life. I dont want one older than me though as I know I dont look nor feel my age. I found out people in work had been talking about me and what they were saying was that I have really good skin and they could not believe I had just turned 50 they thought I was turning 40 so for once its nice to be talked about lol...

My daughter is still not speaking to me for reasons I dont know but now I can move forward and get on with my life, no more treading water....

My future posts will not be going over old ground just wanted to get a picture in peoples minds of "me" before I start bringing everyone up to date on my weekly happenings....hope you enjoyed reading and that folk will pop by in the future...sorry if I cannot reply to all your threads etc I try my best but time is always against me...xx

My attitude and optimism has improved ten fold, although this is not just down to the surgery. It was down to taking some time off work to work through some issues and lay them to rest. My sister is having some problems with depression and I offered my help, she said I had enough problems on my own and for the first time in my life I could say I have no problems at all! Never ever thought I could say that. I am enjoying my job and my home now and so looking forward to going down in clothes sizes. I will soon be in size 14's as just between sizes right now. I have started having my hair cut and coloured once a month at the hairdressers instead of doing it myself. I smile so much more and whilst before I never suffered fools gladly I still dont and wont take any prisoners.

This bit of your post really stood out for me. I think so many of us can relate to what you have said here. I for one feel trapped by this fat suit I am wearing and cant wait for the layers to start peeling back so I can get to know myself. It really sounds as though you have started to love yourself and that should be celebrated. And Im so pleased for you that you seem to have no loose skin issues.

Good on ya for starting a diary. If (when) I get my funding I will be starting a diary as a lasting momento of my weight loss journey. I look forward to following your journey hun x

Carliegirl,i really loved reading your post it was so possitive and uplifting,and i to cannot wait untill my journey begins so i to can feel like you,may your future be bright,orchid x

Such a nice read, and long may the improvements continue :) hope you find that young man they are so much fun. I am really pleased for you.

I am keeping my diary on my Blog, updating it one a week so it all stays together

Hi Cg so nice to hear your feeling really positive and that things have improved for you. I know I've said it before but the new you is shining through on here to and your new found confidence just oozes out of your threads.
Heres to a fantastic 2009 and may it bring all your heart desires.

Hi CG. Thanks for sharing. I love a good success story!! I am truly amazed how your sizes have gone down so fast!! That is wonderful. And about the no loose skin, that is a true blessing (wish I could say the same). So, do you have any pictures? It would be great to see how you have changed physically (even if you don't have pre-op ones, you can post current ones and then update them as you go along)! How many inches do you think you have lost? I bet it is alot!

Keep up the great work my dear, your positive attitude and great losses are an example to all.

Nic:)

Thanks to everyone for reading....your comments mean a lot to me.....Nic I dont have any current photos as there is no one to take them for me. I did have some taken on my birthday night out but they are not very clear....not sure on inches I tend not to focus on that side nor the weighing and go off how my clothes hang....any way you will see me soon at the meet...xx

Good for you, wish you all the luck in the world with your weightloss journey and new life x x x

CG...Wow I've only been on this forum for a matter of weeks but the change in you is immense and i don't mean weight. Its like you've found urself and it sounds like you're comfortable in ur own skin at last ( the fact it ain't saggy gotta be a bonus lol).

Congrats and looking forward to meeting you soon x x x

Well I almost forgot to update my diary...there I was busy reading Alicat's weekly diary update and the thought never crossed my mind. Just finished a night shift and checking my messages etc and realised I had not updated.

Well so far this week I have done very little, I still have not made it to the gym but will do so sometime this year I am sure. Working shifts and trying to get into a routine at the gym is hard work. I have not been weighed this week and may have to give it a miss with working nights, this week my shifts are all different over the five nights. Might even drop to getting weighed once a month now. Some of the trousers I unpacked a few weeks ago are now getting to the point where they need to be packed away again prior to going on ebay.

I have found people are very reluctant to pass comment on how well I look, I see it as their problem and not mine. I have to say when I was struggling to loose weight I too would notice a persons weight loss but never really commented on it. Am I bothered?? not really.....people say I am so much happier in myself and that matters more to me.

We have been talking in work about me finding a "nice young man".....they have noticed I have so much more energy...lol...I have dabbled into internet dating. Did it a while ago but was not really in a place where I wanted to open up my life to someone else, in fact I had to learn to like myself before I could expect anyone else to....this is the year I feel ready for it. In fact I have just had a nice message off a local chap that sent me a virtual gift as well which was a nice touch. Not great in the looks department but not ugly either and he sounds nice from his profile. I tend to go off my gut instinct in many things and we will have to wait and see what happens....a date would be rather nice even if it amounted to nothing it would give me chance to blow the cobwebs off and get out there again....oh it sooooo exciting.....I love being me......sorry if I have prattled on and sent you half to sleep I still feel very excited about the new life opening up in front of me....hope everyone is well and most of all happy...off to bed now not that I think I will sleep...xx:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You sound very settled at the moment hun, and Im glad you are not being a slave to the scales. You know that the weight is coming off from how your clothes are fitting you. The number on the scales is not important as long as its going in the right direction.

Good luck with the internet dating.

It's great to hear you are getting stuck into your life huns.

And I agree with you not being bothered about people not commenting about your weight loss. You didn't need their permission to go down the weight loss path you did so neither so you need their approval. You are wearing happier shoes now so just keep walking, nay! Skipping along in those!

As your confidence grows, so will the admiring glances and who knows? Maybe even a hot date or several!

You rock gf! You're worth it! :hug99:

Thanks girlies...I got a text this morning after I finished my night shift from a girl I work with she said I had been really good company and made them laugh and she was so glad to see me happy....I thought it was very nice of her to let me know I had entertained them, I had jabbered on all night I thought I was driving them up the wall....lol..xx

hi honey, just popped onto forum to see how everyone is doing. it's great to hear you sounding so upbeat and positive hun and i'm so glad things are going well for you. you have been such a rock for me and i want to thank you for all your kind words and support. keep up all your hard work x

Another week gone

Well the sun is out today and the ground is covered in snow and it looks lovely. I have been out to feed the birds and squirrels and given them lots of treats!

On saturday eight of us met up from the forum and had a good old natter, I am sure I have made some good friends and look forward to the next meet definitely some kindred spirits there...

My usual weigh in day is a tuesday and I was unable to get weighed last week with working nights. I did not worry about it because a scale can vary so much as easily but the jeans I wore on saturday kept slipping down dispite a belt, so I am sure I am on track. I may now slip into weighing myself once a month.

Had my "date" with a toy boy yesterday. I met him on the internet. We met for coffee in town and chattered for over two hours before I made my escape. He is a nice enough guy and dispite being a few years younger than me appeared to be much older and there was no spark for me. I know I am 50 but I want one that is fit enough that if I want a play fight I can have one....in my head and heart I am 38 years of age and want one that keeps up with me. He had not made much of an effort in his dress and for a first date afternoon or not that is not a good sign. He appeared scared stiff at first but then talked away to the point I could hardly join in. He kept saying he was old which when you think I am older was not good. All in all it was good experience for my next date with some one else....I never once felt over weight, frumpy or that I had a big sign saying I had had surgery to lose weight.

I have also collected my birthday ring after paying off it for 12 months its now finally come home with me and I am bored of it already!!!!!....I think in my case the wanting is better than the having although I hope this is not true where a chap is concerned....lol....have a lovely week everyone, wrap up warm and dont slip over....speak to you next monday..xx

Glad things are going well for you CG you will do fine on your own focus on friendships and things will work out when your not expecting them to.

Linda,

I'm here to clear up ur post...yes ur jeans were too big for you, in fact at the meet I probably looked like I was eyeing you up cos they were obviously too big for you and in my mind I was trying to work out how far off I was was from putting in an offer on all ur old clothes!!!!

Also, the reason you may be bored of ur new ring is cos its so bling, you probably haven't stopped looking at it since you got it. Its nowt to do with wanting th unobtainable and setting standards to high, it cos you worked hard for what you have and when you get it you expect to be over the moon when in reality it dawns on you that you bloody deserved it.

P.S. You look nothing like Kim from " how clean is your house" LOL

x x x

Back