• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

have i rushed into this??

Not long now :) yeah xxx wishing u a speedy recovery xxx

Relax babe ull be fine ur in great hands.... If in pain thou tell them they will give u pain relief , I had loads of drugs after my op, they kept asking on a scale of 1-10 how babe it was well it was 8-9 everytime lol... Good luck speak soon sending love xxx

Hi
Well this has just been one fast week for me, my doctor refered me to a biatric team but not heard anything now for 2 months, so i decided to look online and seen the Hospital Group advertising the band so i rung up mon gone so in 5 days i am seeing a consultant on tues 1st Nov 2011, £500 deposit paid for the operation on the 8th Nov and i am sat here thinking .......

If I could have afforded, I think I would have ended up paying privately a few years ago, or even at the beginning of this year.

Like you, after my GP referred me in January I did not hear anything for months and it was a 6 month wait for the "group education session" (June) and a 9 month wait for first appointment with consultant (September).

Back in January I was really geared up -- you know, finally a doctor, a medical professional had finally said "Yes, this is the operation for you, this is absolutely the best plan of action" etc etc -- and on that day I was ready to start NOT eating big time (!!!) but found I was in a 12 - 18 month waiting list. But, hey ho, I am nearing the end of my waiting time now!

MEGA best wishes with your op!

It will be interesting to read more from a member whose journey from joining this forum, referral and op date has been so quick to read about your progress within weeks !!! :)

Yeah I will keep it updated I am just waiting now, 4th on the list, I am fine just so thirsty, nervous but the fantastic support on here is helping me so muchx

Yeah I will keep it updated I am just waiting now, 4th on the list, I am fine just so thirsty, nervous but the fantastic support on here is helping me so muchx

Loving the mobile upload pic from hospital bed! What would we do without all these hi tech gadgets these days! :D

Seriously -- mega mega best wishes. xxx

Thanks Hun I would be lost without it, still not down, they asked me for a urine sample at 7.30 still sat here, nobody been in, but like I said its after the operation that I will need their care, sorry if I have been moaning not wanting to put anybody off just been truthful and helps me feel better, will post again wen I am awake x

moan away hunnie we dont mind, we just care that your ok, hopefully ull be down soon and we await you first post as a pre opper xxx

Well i have not been too bad, had bad pain when I woke up in my left shoulder. So took what you guys advised and seemed to ease off, think I was more de hydrated so just taking lots of water, had halt of peppermint tea but at one stage I thought I was going to be sick, foam like came in to my mouth but I breathed deeply and wasn't. Can't get rid of a banging headache in the left front of my head no idea what that is killing me as I never get headaches?? Been out of bed 3 times for toilet so I am very happy so far just wish my headache would go x

suebland said:
Well i have not been too bad, had bad pain when I woke up in my left shoulder. So took what you guys advised and seemed to ease off, think I was more de hydrated so just taking lots of water, had halt of peppermint tea but at one stage I thought I was going to be sick, foam like came in to my mouth but I breathed deeply and wasn't. Can't get rid of a banging headache in the left front of my head no idea what that is killing me as I never get headaches?? Been out of bed 3 times for toilet so I am very happy so far just wish my headache would go x

Hi sue sounds like it went pretty well for you. Do you not have abyss pai. Where the port is? The pain for me has started to ease off but I can't seem to sleep at night I feel so anxious, not sure why I want to just give up totally now I've already had enough!

woohoo congratulations sue :) xxx

Thank I have no idea where the port is they covered them all the nurse didn't either without looking, but the one on my left is weeping. I have had a 10 ml band got nothing in it ?? But no wind pain yet today just feel like a normal op so far thanks guys love to everyone of you who have helped up to now on my journey xxx

Sue I am so glad it went well. To a speedy recovery now :) Patricia don't give up, it WILL ease off I promise. In a month time u ll look at it and see it was well worth it. Lots of hugs to both of u xx

Congratulations on becoming a loser Sue. Hope you have a swift and pain free recovery xx
Marie

Lovely to hear that all is going well for you Sue, I expect you are home now, and comfy in your own bed. Keep up with the updates now you are sitting on the losers bench. Budge up and make some room for me soon, fingers crossed.

Back