• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

Right lady! Pick yourself up dust yourself down tomorrow is another day and day by day you are going to get through this. Day by day start dropping one bad habit at a time. Swap bad things for good things one step at a time! I put on 9lb I'm down to a gain of 7lb now it's taking me 3 weeks but it is coming off sloooowly!!! If I can do this then everyone can!!! X x

sweetheart just this post is the turning point :) you know where you've gone wrong....we all know its a real struggle a year post op and rebound weight seems to be a big issue for many of us.... we have the tools and the know how, its about accepting where we've gone wrong...admitting we've taken our eye of the ball and we need to get back to basics..... the way I look at it is............ our tool helped us with the hardest part, here on in its just blooming hard work and determination ...it is disappointing BUT this time around we wont be sticking our heads in the sand....because I for one know I can feel every single lb I've gained....its uncomfortable and a constant reminder..... I had 3 days last week clean eating and felt fantastic so why oh why do I keep going back to the crap??? That wonderful honeymoon period was fantastic and the losses kept us motivated, things change, normal life comes back and so do all the usual temptations....its about what we want more I guess...... I want the losses but am doing nothing to warrant them, time to kick up a notch eh hunni :) accept, and move on :) its never going to be easy eh....chin up chick lifes too short.......remember where you've come from x x x x you have done AMAZING

Crystalrainbow you're so lovely x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Bless you Violet Angel Hunni :) positive reinforcement, support and understanding all the way :) no point in bashing ourselves eh.... we've spent too many years doing that x x x

Kirsty the first hurdle is over admitting you have slipped we all do it at times just step back up there and change one bad habit a day and you will get back to where you were?

Thank you everyone. It means a lot to have your support! I had a chocolate craving weekend which has all been explained this morning! Time of the month! I didn't have one last month so still seems that they're all over the place! I've started this morning with porridge with almonds and a tea spoon of cinnamon sugar for breakfast and have entered it into MFP it was 246 calories that included the milk. I can't have porridge made with water, it just doesn't seem right to me!

Coffee for a mid morning snack made with 150ml ssm and sweeteners

May have a boiled double yolk egg with spinach, spring onion, some peppers and baby plum tomatoes for lunch and have a pork chop out defrosting for tea, with a small sweet potato... Not sure what I will have for my afternoon snack yet..

I have gotten rid of all the cereal except porridge sachets as they're perfect portion sizes for me..

Thinking about adding a protein shake into my days too, don't have any fruits to add to it though for flavour (only have apples and grapes and they not protein shake fruits imo) but will be getting dad to get some for me on Thursday.. Hopefully get into it again and back into full exercise regime tomorrow but having to swap Friday's classes for something in Monday's and need to find out what classes there are on Mondays or find something to do in the gym..

Thank you again everyone xxxx

I also had a phone call from my GP surgery on Saturday.. Regarding a letter they had received from the hospital asking me to be seen by my GP to discuss the results of the blood tests I had done on the 28th of August at my 18months post op appointment... I go to see him on Wednesday, so, let's see what's wrong with them!

I also think I'm due a check up on my liver to see what the fibrosis of the liver is like since last year.. Hmm! Xxx

I also had a phone call from my GP surgery on Saturday.. Regarding a letter they had received from the hospital asking me to be seen by my GP to discuss the results of the blood tests I had done on the 28th of July at my 18months post op appointment... I go to see him on Wednesday, so, let's see what's wrong with them! I also think I'm due a check up on my liver to see what the fibrosis of the liver is like since last year.. Hmm! Xxx

July, not August

Fingers crossed the results are ok and nothing serious

Well, according to my GP the blood results are fine.. He doesn't think that the weight gain is down to hormones, won't up my pain killers until I've seen the physio in a few weeks and was pretty useless for me today!

On the other hand.. I weighed myself and have lost 5.1lb in a week.. And that's without as much exercise as I'd normally do but a somewhat better diet..

I had a spot of blood on Monday so TOTM but nothing after that.. And today I'm having almost constant period pains as well as my back ache and hip pains.. Didn't make my gym class I normally do due to having to see a student Dr before seeing my go, but was rather pissed at my doctor so I went for a coffee and the social aspect of the gym.. Xxx

5.1lb is amazing!!!!!! Well done Hun. Sorry the gp was useless. Fingers crossed they will help you out a bit more when you've seen the physio. X x

5.1lb is amazing!!!!!! Well done Hun. Sorry the gp was useless. Fingers crossed they will help you out a bit more when you've seen the physio. X x

It is a great loss, and I felt extremely relieved when I worked it out, was honestly expecting another gain as I just felt so disheartened. The problem with the GP I found was because the student DR was there I couldn't speak with him the way I normally would..

Asked about CBT dietician too, he asked me to ask the wls team dietician first if she can't refer me then he will try to. But haven't been able to get through to her today hit will keep try as I also want to ask about the blood results as I don't think the GP knows what to look for like the wls te do.. Xxx

Wow great loss your doing amazingly well

Spoke to the team nurse and she said bloods were fine, iron a little high but nothing to worry about.. Agreed that that could be due to the liver fibrosis.. She's glad that all is fine especially with me not taking vitamins.. I asked about CBT and she said they don't have one as part of the team but will happily refer me to see the psychologist.. So will be getting an appointment through soon I hope..

Spoke to the team nurse and she said bloods were fine, iron a little high but nothing to worry about.. Agreed that that could be due to the liver fibrosis.. She's glad that all is fine especially with me not taking vitamins.. I asked about CBT and she said they don't have one as part of the team but will happily refer me to see the psychologist.. So will be getting an appointment through soon I hope..

Good news!! Both about bloods and about appointment being sorted!! Fingers crossed you will see some light soon!!

Hope you get an appointment soon fab news on the bloods

Hiya Kirsty sorry ive been a bit awol xxxx hope you are feeling better and getting everything sorted out xxx we have to rearrange that coffee xxxx

Back