• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

I can't sleeeeeeep!!! I'm not in as much pain but I just cannot stay asleep! I'm nite sure if it's cause I'm laid on my back or what but just keep nodding off and waking up :(:(

I can't sleeeeeeep!!! I'm not in as much pain but I just cannot stay asleep! I'm nite sure if it's cause I'm laid on my back or what but just keep nodding off and waking up :(:(

The worst is over now Hun!

I found this op more painful and longer to recover from than wls, but at least it's short lived and no more gall pain.

xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That's true Helen.. I think because I wasn't warned and didn't expect the wind pain that's what's made it worst xx

Well, got another 2 hours kip and feeling lots better. Haven't had pain killers since 10ish last night and not too fussed about any just yet.. Which is good I guess. Still tired but I guess I'm going to be for a week or two.. Xx

So glad you get it sorted eventually, and I am sure that there are only better things to come as that pesky pain will no longer plague you.

I am sooooooo glad you have finally had this hun!!! Rest up and recover, you will be up and about and pain free in no time xxxxxx

Thanks again every one. Just got back to mums and going to get back into my pjs and get into mums bed. My step mum has kindly given up her half of the bed for me till I'm okay for the sofa bed lol xx

Desperately need to go to the loo for a bowel movement but it hurts so bad to try!! Sorry for the tmi but it's been bugging me all day :( also at mums by myself now as they had something booked that they couldn't miss as mum is the one taking all the photos for it. I mean, I don't mind because in the few days after having a operation my mum is way too over bearing for me.. I know she's only trying to help but I'm such a ***** with her when I've had a general anaesthetic because I want to do as much as I can by myself.. Like last night, I asked her to put my pj bottoms overt feet and up to my thighs and I'd stand up when I was ready to pull them up.. Cause I'd not do that in 2 mins she tried to put them up for me so I shouted at her.. My sister finds it hilarious cause she's the opposite to me and she's a cow with strangers and nurses.. I just get annoyed at her when she wont let me try.. If I can't do it then fair enough.. But at least let me try! Sorry for the grumble, I've got to put up with it for the next few weeks lol xx

Also, the nurse told us there was a sharps bin in the bag they sent me home with and there isn't! And can't go and get one from the chemist until the morning' so have a used needle being kept out of the way til then.. Luckily it's Friday so my nieces won't be coming now til Monday! So daft of the pharmacy to put 2 weeks worth of needles in and no sharps bin! Xx

Kirsty, I am so relieved you got the op done earlier than expected. At least you can enjoy a more or less pain-free Christmas. So glad the whole thing is over with for you. X

Thanks Ines and Kursty. I'm feeling a lot better today though still sore.. Scared my belly button is getting infected so changed the dressing and made sure my whole belly button isn't covered like it was and going to try and get an appointment Monday for the nurse and ask for anti biotics as don't want the incision next to it to get infected!! Xx

So glad to hear you've finally had your op and are recovering well!

Hows it looking now kirsty?

I'm feeling fine, loads better.. Belly button still sore but nurse said it looks fine but if I am still worried in a few days I can go back to check again.. I'm lovely and bruised!! Walking normal now, wounds are still sore obviously but feel good. Really want to go home and look after myself cause my moods are getting crappy - I tend to get low when I'm around people too much and for too long. My mind likes to be alone and process things not constantly be in someone's company so I struggle if I can't be alone for a day or two. I like it to be my choice to be around people, not because I HAVE to be there.. Xx

Back