• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

So.. Been at a&e since 7.. Got a bed at 8 .. Only just been given painkillers at 10:30!!! In a suppository form at that!! Just not what I wanted! And had to do it myself in the loo has ive been brought out to the corridor so someone else can have my cubicle... So tired, fed up and still in pain! And to top it off, I'm freezing and there is NO blankets what so ever!! I'm currently covered in a hospital gown and my coat.. And shivering! :(:(:(

Posts crossed in cyber space lol

Good god that can never be right hunni..... cant they at least find you a blanket!!! Jesus...... what are they going to do for you? if its just pain relief cant you grab it and run back home in the comfort and warmth? tis no fun :( sending huge hugs sweetness x x xx x x

Sounds about right. When i was there they shot me full of morphine then asked for a urine sample when i couldnt see to walk to the toilets and then parked me in a corridor.

Tell em you want to be moved to surgical assessment unit hun

I've literally only had diclofenic via suppository and buscupan which is anti spasmodic. I've finally been moved off the corridor and brought to the surgical admissions unit and now have a nice bed and blanket.. Still cold though! Waiting to see the surgeon.. Got sexy stockings on and had Mrsa swabs.. Asked for more pain killers but think I have to wait till surgeons been x

Oh and nether of the meds helped! Just took the edge off but still hurts :( feel sick, tired, hungry and thirsty and don't know if I'm nill by mouth :(:(x

Nope, still waiting to be seen :( absolutely freezing cold! These sexy stockings arnt helping as my feet and legs feel like ice cubes :(:( just trying to get some kip but I can't sleep one bit when I'm cold :(:( want to be at home in my bed with my heated blanket on full!!!

oh no hun, just catching up! Hope you get seen soon, the bright side is that it looks like something is going to happen now whether they like it or not!! xxx fingers crossed :)

Hope they keep you in and just do the bloody op! I'm getting mad just reading about you being left in a corridor, cold with no blanket

Hope they remove it for you now after all this carry on

Still in.. Had 3 or 4 Drs/surgeons come round first 3 all wanted me off the drip, have something to eat and drink and if pain didn't start again then off home! Meh! But the last surgeon came round and asked me if they had a spare slot would I agree to having it removed - said yes straight away!! He just needs to speak to ackroyd to ask if he's okay with another surgeon doing it and if there is anything he may need to know due to wls.. He tried to call him a few times this morning but no answer and haven't heard anything since.. That was at 10ish.. He said if ackroyd says its okay it could be today or Thursday that its removed.. Managed breakfast but now back on nil by mouth til we know what's happening.. Xx

Good luck hope you get answers soon

thats fantastic news hun, fingers crossed it all happens for you xxx

No op today, doubtful for tomorrow too and not looking good for Thursday as I'm not 'ill' with it.. Just in pain... I'm staying in tonight to be on the safe side then will probably be going home tomorrow if they're still saying that.. Oh well xx

No chance of operation at all this week so going home. Can come back if pain happens again but going to try and hold off as much as I can. As long as I can keep on top of the pain I'll be fine and only got to wait til 12th jan for pre op and hopefully all the notes will get sent to ackroyd and I'll be bumped up the list... X

I still cant believe that they keep someone in pain and such agony for so long!

Hope you will get the op date in jan! :)

Sorry to hear that give Liz a call and tell her she talks to mr ackroyd all the time may help getting you bumped up if I see him will tell him too take care

Back